Start by marking “Dance (de Saint Vallier Brothers, #2)” as Want to Read:
Dance (de Saint Vallier Brothers, #2)

Dance (de Saint Vallier Brothers #2)

4.12  ·  Rating Details  ·  143 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
The dance of life is never danced alone...

Years after fleeing to America—from an arranged marriage—Marie Du Gard returned to Paris a different woman. Slimmer and carefree, Marie vowed to protect her freedom at all costs—regardless of what her family or Parisian society thought.

But one man made it impossible for Marie to put her past behind her: Sébastien, the sophisticated
Mass Market Paperback, 372 pages
Published March 1st 1996 by Jove

To ask other readers questions about Dance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dance

Kathy
Jan 26, 2015 Kathy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-books
Apparently, GR reviews have their limit and I reached it. Too long. If you care to read the full review, follow the link.

Annery
Sep 26, 2013 Annery rated it it was amazing
Shelves: keeper
The trouble with reading such a perfect romance novel is that you then have take a break from the genre for a bit because in the wake of such a well written romance all else, even good stuff, will pale. Ms. Cuevas has a written a story of two adults who know their minds but are nonetheless caught in the tug and pull of an attraction the goes beyond the physical and how they learn to unbend from firmly established preconceptions in able to truly see the & accept the other person. Besides this ...more
Rosina Lippi
Jan 19, 2010 Rosina Lippi rated it it was amazing
book: Dance] is, as far as I'm concerned, the single best historical romance title, ever. And it has some tough competition for that spot.

Cuevas writes beautifully, but more than that, she tells a compelling, engaging and still subtle story. This one is about a young woman returning home to Paris to make moving pictures, a new field. She is at odds with her father but no longer so intimidated by him as she had been. The brother of the man she left at the altar is there, recently widowed. He is e
Melowin
Jul 08, 2011 Melowin rated it really liked it
For some reason, I didn't expect this to be a sequel to Bliss. I liked this book so much better than that one. Two of the characters who were never far from the action in Bliss come center stage in Dance - Sebastian (Nardi's brother in Bliss) and Marie (Nardi's betrothed in Bliss) share a moment of passion that galvanizes both of them into self-discovery. I liked this one especially because it has the rich scenery of Bliss, without the cruelty. Marie can be frustrating at times with her absolute ...more
Melissa
Nov 15, 2015 Melissa rated it liked it
Finally done! This was such a slog for me. I struggled to get through it, and I never really got attached to the characters. I had a lot distracting me during the days I read this, though, so maybe it was my problem, not the book's. If you guys read and love it, it'll be another Seize the Fire situation where I'm the only one who just doesn't get it.
Jenny Brown
Jul 31, 2011 Jenny Brown rated it it was amazing
Flabbergastingly good.

This book avoids the errors of fact that marred some of her earlier work but brings alive two more complex people in a fascinating setting featuring an a disreputable but fashionable painter, silent movie making, and an idyll in the French countryside.

If only people were still writing books this wonderful!
Giedre
Aug 07, 2015 Giedre rated it it was amazing
Well, this is one of those rare times when a sequel is a far stronger work than the first book (Bliss). I adore this one. Too bad that it's out of print and a bit hard to get ahold of, and Judy Cuevas/Judith Ivory seems to have stopped writing. Such a shame.
Meggie
Jun 05, 2014 Meggie rated it really liked it
I read Bliss several years ago but didn't find a (cheap) copy of Dance until a few months back. All I remembered from Bliss was that Nardi drank ether, but that's OK--Dance worked perfectly as a story in its own right.

Judy Cuevas's writing is beautiful, rich, full of words and phrases that look and sound interesting and arresting. I also like how she gets the interplay between languages, how she is ostensibly writing an English translation of French conversations and will play with that idea wi
LOL_BOOKS
SO I'VE JUST READ BLISS AND DANCE, WHICH I GUESS ARE JUDITH IVORY WRITING UNDER A DIFFERENT NAME. WHAT IS HER NEXT BEST ONE? I LIKED THOSE TWO AND WANT TO READ MOAR.
Sheridan
Dec 06, 2014 Sheridan rated it really liked it
I'm sad that Cuevas has been able to write. Wikipedia states it is due to back problems. Fascinating French backdrop to romance. The heroine is an early filmmaker.
Mmeguillotine
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE. This book deserves a review that lives up to the gorgeous quality of the writing itself, but I am inadequate and incapable and my head hurts right now. I wish so much, that Judy Cuevas/Judith Ivory were still writing. No one compares to her, for me. No one. I'd read anything. Her grocery list even. She is that remarkable.

I hope to return later and give a better description of all the things I loved about Dance. Well worth the $25+ I spent tracking down an out
Mara
Feb 18, 2013 Mara rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, historical
I loved it more than the previous book. Too tired to write the review now, but I'll be back.
Selina
Dec 28, 2014 Selina rated it it was ok
Rating: 2.5 Stars
Ann Marie
Jul 14, 2008 Ann Marie rated it really liked it
4 1/2, almost 5 probably
Karolyn Wilhelmsen
Karolyn Wilhelmsen marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
Macpudel
Macpudel marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Gretchen Craig
Gretchen Craig marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2016
Rae
Rae marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
Betty
Betty marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
ElenaHelen Norris
ElenaHelen Norris marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
Alerp
Alerp rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2016
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2016
Elisabeth Lane
Elisabeth Lane marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2016
Callie W
Callie W marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2015
Angela
Angela rated it it was amazing
Dec 12, 2015
Yossra kerkeb
Yossra kerkeb marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2015
Sabrina Edmonston
Sabrina Edmonston rated it it was amazing
Dec 05, 2015
Gracie Liberty
Gracie Liberty marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2015
Mandy
Mandy marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2015
  • Sleeping Beauty
  • The Edge of Impropriety
  • To Have and To Hold (Wyckerley Trilogy, #2)
  • Seize the Fire
  • Indiscreet
  • Breathless
  • A Lily Among Thorns
  • Written on Your Skin
  • Flawless (The Christies, #1)
  • Untamed
  • My Dearest Enemy
  • Delicious
  • Forbidden (Braddock-Black, #3)
  • One Good Turn (Nesbitt, #2)

de Saint Vallier Brothers (2 books)
  • Bliss (de Saint Vallier Brothers, #1)