Start by marking “The Best One-Dish Suppers” as Want to Read:
The Best One-Dish Suppers

The Best One-Dish Suppers

A one-of-a-kind collection of one-dish suppers.

Do you wish you could make dinners like a hearty, authentic Bolognese sauce and linguine or chicken pot pie with a fluffy biscuit topping, without hauling out an arsenal of pots and pans and spending hours in the kitchen? Let The Best One-Dish Suppers show you how.

We already know how to make a perfect chicken pot pie, but c
Published March 1st 2011 by Cook's Illustrated

To ask other readers questions about The Best One-Dish Suppers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Best One-Dish Suppers

Lisa Shaffer
Jan 17, 2012 Lisa Shaffer rated it really liked it
I love Cook's Illustrated. True confession: I only made one recipe from this book and it took 5 hours! Worth it? Well -- maybe -- my family LOVED the Beef Stew and everyone had seconds (both the first night and the next), and I might make it again in a year or three.

In the fall, I have time to cook, and when I have time, I really enjoy it and enjoy reading Cook's Illustrated magazines or cookbooks. If you have a life outside of the kitchen, don't freak out -- there's also a chapter in this one
Catherine
Oct 27, 2011 Catherine rated it liked it
Shelves: food-farm-garden
I have a love/hate relationship with recipes from America’s Test Kitchen, which describe all the things they did wrong before coming up with the best method of preparation. I do always enjoy reading their cookware and kitchen gadget recommendations. There are many recipes in this book that sound good, and I plan to try some. The “one-dish” part of the title should not be taken at face value. While some of the recipes fit this category, many don’t -- for example, an eggplant casserole recipe requ ...more
Dana Nelson
Aug 10, 2016 Dana Nelson rated it it was ok
While the title is mostly correct, these one-dish suppers are, for the most part, very involved recipes. The 30-Minute Dinners and Slow-Cooker Dishes may be an exception. Not many color pictures. I did love reading the testing process for each recipe--so interesting!--but I can't say that I would try enough recipes in this book to make it worth the purchase.
Snail in Danger (Sid) Nicolaides
Very few vegetarian recipes. Some recipes have ingredients that the average person wouldn't want to bother with. If you are a vegetarian cooking for omnivores, this is definitely work a look. Has a lot of nice instructional sidebars.
Tracy
Nov 22, 2011 Tracy rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbook
Just to be clear, one-dish does not mean only one dish is dirty when you make the recipes, it means that you serve it and cook it in one dish. I made pasta roll ups which is essentially a rolled lasagna and everyone enjoyed it. There was enough for another full meal of leftovers as well.
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Oct 14, 2013
Kate Em
Kate Em rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2016
Anne Johnson
Anne Johnson rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2011
JL
JL rated it it was ok
Jul 12, 2016
Rachel Salinas
Rachel Salinas rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2017
Andrea
Andrea rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2015
Michelle
Michelle rated it liked it
Aug 09, 2015
Sonja
Sonja rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2014
Vic
Vic rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2014
Morgan
Morgan rated it liked it
Dec 15, 2014
John
John rated it did not like it
Sep 29, 2016
Esther Dijkdrenth
Esther Dijkdrenth rated it really liked it
Jun 01, 2014
Brian Stearns
Brian Stearns rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2014
aspasiacat
aspasiacat rated it liked it
Oct 05, 2011
Danielle Yoder
Danielle Yoder rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2014
Deborah
Deborah rated it liked it
Apr 19, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it liked it
Mar 25, 2013
Francescaj
Francescaj rated it liked it
Oct 08, 2014
Shelly
Shelly rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2013
Jenny Van elburg-mol
Jenny Van elburg-mol rated it it was amazing
Apr 02, 2015
Mark Elliott
Mark Elliott rated it it was amazing
Sep 17, 2015
Katrina
Katrina rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2012
Jonathon
Jonathon rated it it was ok
Feb 05, 2013