Start by marking “Some Like it Rough (The Gentlemen's Club #2)” as Want to Read:
Some Like it Rough (The Gentlemen's Club #2)

Some Like it Rough (The Gentlemen's Club #2)

3.82  ·  Rating Details  ·  232 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
[Siren Allure ManLove: Erotic Alternative Romance, M/M, HEA]

Bad boy Julian Decker leaves his old life behind when he gets a job working security at an exclusive club. It’s lust at first sight when he spots wealthy member Richard Caldwell, but the older man is way out of his league and doesn’t even know Julian exists. Julian is used to going after what he wants, and when an
ebook, 1st edition, 112 pages
Published March 19th 2011 by Silver Publishing (first published March 16th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Some Like it Rough, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Some Like it Rough

Ruthie Taylor
May 06, 2014 Ruthie Taylor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads."

I really enjoyed this book. It combines all the things that I love in a story; romance, tension, suspense, friends that straight things out and and lots of very steaming hot encounters. The writing flows easily, and the temptation to just turn another page had me reading this in one sitting.

You will not be disappointed.

Now, please Ms Stanley may we have the next in the series ?

Wicked Reads Review Team
Eddie
Apr 02, 2014 Eddie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the first book in this series, and this one is even better. This is another story of opposites attracting. Julian and Richard are from opposite sides of the track, but there is immediate chemistry between them, and love develops. Unfortunately, Julian's past catches up to him and comes between him and Richard. There's a lot of background provided so I felt like I really knew the characters, and I was pulling for them to overcome their conflicts and get their happy ending. The secondary ...more
~SexyBookWorm~
Very cute story! I loved the opposites attract. This series is definitely on an upswing! :-)
Serena Yates
Apr 16, 2011 Serena Yates rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay
I really liked this second book in The Gentlmen's Club series. The issue of a younger, less wealthy man falling for an older, well-off guy gave the story some extra tension which worked out well.

Julian's background is rough, but he has worked hard to make a good life for himself. Escaping it isn't easy, though. I thought it was interesting that he had a more difficult time with changing his attitude than improving his physical condition. Not being able to believe he has a chance almost costs him
Angie
May 20, 2014 Angie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads Review Team~

This was a quick read about Julian and Richard. We met Richard in previous book Point of Beginning. Richard is part owner of the gentleman’s club that Julian started working at. Richard, who Julian has dubbed the Silver Fox, caught Julian’s eye from day one. Julian has never been one to back down from getting what he wants so he decides to chance this job just to get Richards attention. Richard lost the love of
Apr 23, 2011 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
Some Like It Rough is the second in Gale Stanley’s The Gentlemen’s Club series and is an entertaining addition. In this offering, it is Richard Caldwell’s turn to find love after he helped bring the main characters in the first of the series together. Julian Decker has lusted after Richard, who he calls the Silver Fox, since he came to work at The Gentlemen’s Club, but he doesn’t think he would have a chance with the sophisticated older man. However, he soon learns that Richard likes his men a l ...more
Katy Beth Mckee
Aug 01, 2012 Katy Beth Mckee rated it really liked it
Shelves: series-books, m-m
Interesting blend of dark elements and the beginning of love. Couldn't put it down.
Nile Princess
Sometimes a book just affects me so profoundly that I have to create a new shelf for it. This one got its own 'Five star story that derailed' shelf. Seriously, what happened??

First, the good. Let's start with the cover. Perfection!!! Actually, I may need to create a 'Perfect covers' shelf for this book as well. The longer hair, the muscles, the ink, the older guy with the distinguished looks and grey hair. Yummm.

Then the characters. I really, REALLY liked Julian and Richard. I liked them indivi
Mary
Jul 27, 2014 Mary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wicked
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Richard Caldwell knows a lot about life, love and loss. His partner, Tony, lost his battle with cancer five years ago and Richard can't find the strength in himself to really start living again. Yes, he's had a few short term romances, but nothing that broke his heart when the relationship ended.

Julian Decker is a man who has pulled himself up from nothing to man he's proud of. Life in the one of the run down sections of Phi
Suzanne Steele
Jul 26, 2014 Suzanne Steele rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Julian Decker is a bad boy who finally catches a break and gets a good job, a new apartment, and he even scores with the rich, older man he’s been lusting after. Then it all falls apart. The attraction between the men is so hot you might burn your fingers turning the pages, but you can see there’s more between them than sex. These two belong together. Another great story from one of my must-read authors.
Krissy
I enjoyed this book but not as much as I enjoyed the first book of the series. But that's probably because I have a soft spot for a shy, geeky, awkward MC. I hope there are more books coming out in the near future for this series.
Purplegirl
This was a very quick read. Insta-love and good sex scenes. Mostly sex so I'm not sure how they fell in love. It was some ridiculousness in the middle that was out of the blue. They got over that quick, got back to sexin' and then the book was over. I am going to look over the middle and not hold it against the author because I did like the sex scenes.
Veronica
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

I never used to be a big fan of novellas but the last few months authors like Gale Stanley have changed my mind. Gale is able to write a full story with less pages and it didn't feel rushed or like anything was left out.

Some like it Rough is very hot and I enjoyed reading about Julian and Richard, who come from different worlds and have a 13 year age gap. This story felt real to me.

I'm hoping there be more stories in this s
Theresa
Aug 25, 2015 Theresa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
No condoms. Stupid drama after the kidnapping which ruined the book. Almost instant love like the first book in the series. Great sexual chemistry. Great opposites-attract characters.
Rachel
Mar 28, 2011 Rachel rated it liked it
A pretty good sequel...I thought it moved a bit quickly, especially closer towards the end. I will look forward to the next book in the series!
Kathy
Apr 20, 2011 Kathy rated it liked it
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2016
Isabelle Müller
Isabelle Müller rated it liked it
Aug 14, 2016
Hanna
Hanna marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2016
Jodi
Jodi marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2016
Hayley Manuel
Hayley Manuel marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2016
A
A marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2016
Solchus
Solchus rated it really liked it
Jun 30, 2016
Nina
Nina added it
Jun 27, 2016
Ray
Ray rated it liked it
Jun 20, 2016
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2016
De3De3
De3De3 rated it liked it
May 28, 2016
Alan
Alan rated it did not like it
Apr 19, 2016
Miguel
Miguel marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2016
Eva
Eva added it
Apr 05, 2016
  • Lipstick and Handguns (Lawful Disorder #1)
  • The Shape of a Heart
  • Little Jamie
  • Shy Cowboy (Uncommon Cowboys, #3)
  • Call Me Sir, Boy!
  • Side-Lined (Campus Cravings, #2)
  • Word on a Wing
  • After Anna (After Anna, #1)
  • Rory's Last Chance (Love in Xxchange, #1)
  • Everyone's Man
  • Devon's Revenge (Portals, #2)
  • Fix This, Sir (Tales from Rainbow Alley, #3)
  • High Flow (EMS Heat, #7)
  • Pet du Cajun (Rock Bottom Boys, #1)
  • Twice in a Lifetime (Sutter's Bay, #2 )
  • Allergies (Preters, #1)
  • Saying I Do (Quinn Security, #3)
  • The Back Stairs (Sundown, #1)
Gale Stanley was born and raised in Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love. She writes romantic stories because she believes the world needs more love and happy endings. It’s the best job in the world—and she doesn’t mind living vicariously through the smokin’ hot alphas she loves to write about.
Blog: http://galestanley.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GaleStanleyB...
Twitter: htt
More about Gale Stanley...

The Gentlemen's Club (2 books)
  • Point of Beginning (The Gentlemen's Club, #1)