Start by marking “Some Like it Rough (The Gentlemen's Club, #2)” as Want to Read:
Some Like it Rough (The Gentlemen's Club, #2)

Some Like it Rough (The Gentlemen's Club #2)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  224 ratings  ·  16 reviews
[Siren Allure ManLove: Erotic Alternative Romance, M/M, HEA]

Bad boy Julian Decker leaves his old life behind when he gets a job working security at an exclusive club. It’s lust at first sight when he spots wealthy member Richard Caldwell, but the older man is way out of his league and doesn’t even know Julian exists. Julian is used to going after what he wants, and when an
ebook, 1st edition, 112 pages
Published March 19th 2011 by Silver Publishing (first published March 16th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Some Like it Rough, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Some Like it Rough

Ruthie Taylor
"I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads."

I really enjoyed this book. It combines all the things that I love in a story; romance, tension, suspense, friends that straight things out and and lots of very steaming hot encounters. The writing flows easily, and the temptation to just turn another page had me reading this in one sitting.

You will not be disappointed.

Now, please Ms Stanley may we have the next in the series ?

Wicked Reads Review Team
I enjoyed the first book in this series, and this one is even better. This is another story of opposites attracting. Julian and Richard are from opposite sides of the track, but there is immediate chemistry between them, and love develops. Unfortunately, Julian's past catches up to him and comes between him and Richard. There's a lot of background provided so I felt like I really knew the characters, and I was pulling for them to overcome their conflicts and get their happy ending. The secondary ...more
Very cute story! I loved the opposites attract. This series is definitely on an upswing! :-)
Serena Yates
I really liked this second book in The Gentlmen's Club series. The issue of a younger, less wealthy man falling for an older, well-off guy gave the story some extra tension which worked out well.

Julian's background is rough, but he has worked hard to make a good life for himself. Escaping it isn't easy, though. I thought it was interesting that he had a more difficult time with changing his attitude than improving his physical condition. Not being able to believe he has a chance almost costs him
~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads Review Team~

This was a quick read about Julian and Richard. We met Richard in previous book Point of Beginning. Richard is part owner of the gentleman’s club that Julian started working at. Richard, who Julian has dubbed the Silver Fox, caught Julian’s eye from day one. Julian has never been one to back down from getting what he wants so he decides to chance this job just to get Richards attention. Richard lost the love of
Some Like It Rough is the second in Gale Stanley’s The Gentlemen’s Club series and is an entertaining addition. In this offering, it is Richard Caldwell’s turn to find love after he helped bring the main characters in the first of the series together. Julian Decker has lusted after Richard, who he calls the Silver Fox, since he came to work at The Gentlemen’s Club, but he doesn’t think he would have a chance with the sophisticated older man. However, he soon learns that Richard likes his men a l ...more
Katy Beth Mckee
Interesting blend of dark elements and the beginning of love. Couldn't put it down.
Nile Princess
Sometimes a book just affects me so profoundly that I have to create a new shelf for it. This one got its own 'Five star story that derailed' shelf. Seriously, what happened??

First, the good. Let's start with the cover. Perfection!!! Actually, I may need to create a 'Perfect covers' shelf for this book as well. The longer hair, the muscles, the ink, the older guy with the distinguished looks and grey hair. Yummm.

Then the characters. I really, REALLY liked Julian and Richard. I liked them indivi
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Richard Caldwell knows a lot about life, love and loss. His partner, Tony, lost his battle with cancer five years ago and Richard can't find the strength in himself to really start living again. Yes, he's had a few short term romances, but nothing that broke his heart when the relationship ended.

Julian Decker is a man who has pulled himself up from nothing to man he's proud of. Life in the one of the run down sections of Phi
Suzanne Steele
Julian Decker is a bad boy who finally catches a break and gets a good job, a new apartment, and he even scores with the rich, older man he’s been lusting after. Then it all falls apart. The attraction between the men is so hot you might burn your fingers turning the pages, but you can see there’s more between them than sex. These two belong together. Another great story from one of my must-read authors.
I enjoyed this book but not as much as I enjoyed the first book of the series. But that's probably because I have a soft spot for a shy, geeky, awkward MC. I hope there are more books coming out in the near future for this series.
This was a very quick read. Insta-love and good sex scenes. Mostly sex so I'm not sure how they fell in love. It was some ridiculousness in the middle that was out of the blue. They got over that quick, got back to sexin' and then the book was over. I am going to look over the middle and not hold it against the author because I did like the sex scenes.
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

I never used to be a big fan of novellas but the last few months authors like Gale Stanley have changed my mind. Gale is able to write a full story with less pages and it didn't feel rushed or like anything was left out.

Some like it Rough is very hot and I enjoyed reading about Julian and Richard, who come from different worlds and have a 13 year age gap. This story felt real to me.

I'm hoping there be more stories in this s
No condoms. Stupid drama after the kidnapping which ruined the book. Almost instant love like the first book in the series. Great sexual chemistry. Great opposites-attract characters.
A pretty good sequel...I thought it moved a bit quickly, especially closer towards the end. I will look forward to the next book in the series!
Shannelle Lamour :)
Shannelle Lamour :) marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2015
Jacqueline Mcmahon
Jacqueline Mcmahon marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2015
Seph marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2015
Joanne added it
Jul 20, 2015
Crystal marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2015
Janice marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2015
Jodi marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2015
Emma marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2015
  • Lipstick and Handguns (Lawful Disorder, #1)
  • Little Jamie
  • The Shape of a Heart
  • Waking Up Naked (Sex Sells, #2)
  • Devon's Revenge (Portals, #2)
  • Side-Lined (Campus Cravings, #2)
  • Word on a Wing
  • Pet du Cajun (Rock Bottom Boys, #1)
  • Trucker and Pup
  • Allergies (Preters, #1)
  • Everyone's Man
  • Moments
  • Wooing Master Jones (BDSM Club #1)
  • Shy Cowboy (Uncommon Cowboys, #3)
  • High Flow (EMS Heat, #7)
  • The Back Stairs (Sundown, #1)
  • Saying I Do (Quinn Security, #3)
  • Heart in Hand (Warder #3)
Gale Stanley was born and raised in Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love. She writes romantic stories because she believes the world needs more love and happy endings. It’s the best job in the world—and she doesn’t mind living vicariously through the smokin’ hot alphas she loves to write about.
Twitter: htt
More about Gale Stanley...

The Gentlemen's Club (2 books)
  • Point of Beginning (The Gentlemen's Club, #1)
Hunter and the Hawk (Symbiotic Mates #1) Peter and the Wolf (Symbiotic Mates #2) Silent Knights (Knights, #1) Talon and the Falconer (Symbiotic Mates, #3) Point of Beginning (The Gentlemen's Club, #1)