Start by marking “Warrior Angel, Heart's Desire (Immortal Pleasures, #1)” as Want to Read:
Warrior Angel, Heart's Desire (Immortal Pleasures, #1)

Warrior Angel, Heart's Desire (Immortal Pleasures #1)

3.28  ·  Rating Details  ·  67 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Michael is the archangel of war, Banished to Earth. In the last year of his Banishment, he falls in love with Laine. But hour by hour, they're ripped apart by forces they can't control, because when Michael's Banishment is over, he'll lose Laine forever. They're given one chance. Laine must risk his life. Michael must risk his wings. What is love on the other side of forev ...more
Published March 26th 2011 by Silver Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Warrior Angel, Heart's Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Warrior Angel, Heart's Desire

Wings by J.C. OwensThe Prince's Angel by Mychael BlackAnd the Two Shall Become One by Shayne CarmichaelForsaking Eternity by Voirey LingerInto This River I Drown by T.J. Klune
Best Gay Angels
24th out of 92 books — 141 voters
Dragons, Diamonds, and Discord by Angel MartinezThe Phoenix Embryo by Jeanne MarcellaIn Despair by Megan DerrAzure Seas & Dragon Isles by TygatiDragon Eyes by Megan Derr
Queer Wingfic
85th out of 100 books — 11 voters

More lists with this book...

potterican
This was a fun short read. It needed some serious proof reading and editing but it has potential to develop into something good, specially with the world the author created. The sex scenes were fantastic as well, specially the "marking" scene.
Serena Yates
Jul 07, 2011 Serena Yates rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay
This is a wonderful start to a new series. I loved the world building and learning about the rules that make this version of angels/demons and heaven/hell work. It's always interesting to me to see what another author comes up with, how they interpret the Judeo/Christian version of afterlife and the beings that might inhabit it. What made this work for me was a fresh look at some of the concepts and the combination of some of the biblical history with the 'human' side of life.

The archangel Micha
Drew Salas
May 13, 2016 Drew Salas rated it liked it
Me gusto mucho

Pero la escritora debió trabajar mas la historia. Tenia mucho potencial.
Josie Goodreads
Mar 30, 2011 Josie Goodreads rated it it was amazing
I adored this book. I think because I love fantasy it dragged me in, so angels and demons didn't phase me. I loved the snarkiness between the brothers, Lucifer is just wonderful, like anyone's kid brother, with Raphael playing the role of the older peacekeeper. I found Laine awfully sweet, I really liked him, and Michael was fabulous, strong, magnificent, dark and broody. I found the whole story a interesting whirlwind of a ride, I couldn't put it down. I can't wait for the next chapter, I do ho ...more
Carrie
Jan 21, 2015 Carrie rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m, romance, paranormal
I really had a hard time figuring out was going on. It seemed to start in the middle of the story. Why did they both have to go on the mission? What was the point of the mission? Really hard to connect to anything during the story as I kept having to go back to see if I could figure out what just happened.
Cryselle
Apr 20, 2011 Cryselle rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, paranormal
After reading this story twice, I am still at a loss as to what Michael finds so enchanting about Laine. The human seems to be little more than a bundle of insecurities and hotsex (from the bottom) and while a mere mortal cannot be expected to comprehend the enormities of angels, he doesn't seem to have given the issue a lot of thought, either. Perhaps his charm is tenacity and breakability.

The stakes are huge -- this is a warrior of God, after all, who's been Banished, but I don't know why. Wil
Sadonna
Jan 06, 2012 Sadonna rated it it was ok
Shelves: pdf, mm
I think this series has a lot of potential. I really feel like I need to read it again to fully comprehend all of the relationships. I felt like everything was kind of coming at me sort of fast and furious and I'm missing some of the background and world building. I'm hoping to learn more about these Angels in the next book. I'm wondering if we're going to see more of Laine and Michael since they obviously love each other enough to risk everything.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
A quick read that left quite a few questions unanswered.
I assume the author will answer some or all of them in the following books.
I liked the angels, and the relationship they have with one another, but Laine seemed just a bit bland.
I loved the cover and will try the next book in the series.
Sev
Aug 21, 2012 Sev rated it really liked it
Recommended to Sev by: saw it on a Goodreads "Best of" list
My one complaint is that it was too short, a bit more world building would have been nice. Great quick read if that's what you're going for, though. Would definitely like to see more of these characters in future (hopefully) longer stories.
Violet
Nov 09, 2014 Violet rated it it was amazing
Stunning book. Loved her writing style, and the fact that a fallen angel could not only love a human, but risk it all for love. And Lucifer is a hoot!
Ashley Cox
Jul 08, 2011 Ashley Cox rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
I think what I enjoyed most about the novella was the setting - it was quite intricate and intriguing for such a short piece.
Namaya
Namaya added it
Jun 10, 2016
Nagisa Furukawa
Nagisa Furukawa marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2016
Jennifer rated it it was ok
Mar 20, 2016
Ashki
Ashki marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2016
Andy
Andy marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2016
Nick Brewer
Nick Brewer marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2015
Gabby
Gabby rated it really liked it
Nov 29, 2015
Tami
Tami added it
Oct 10, 2015
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2015
Karrie
Karrie rated it really liked it
Sep 13, 2015
Cami
Cami marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2015
Christopher Williams
Christopher Williams marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2015
Oropherion
Oropherion marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
Juju
Juju rated it did not like it
Jun 09, 2015
SH65
SH65 marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Johan Jordaan
Johan Jordaan marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Vit
Vit marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Zuriel's Fate (Celestial Justice, #2)
  • Rearranging Stars
  • Fallen
  • Temptation of the Incubus
  • Love & Patience
  • The Sweet One
  • Angel 1089 (Heaven Corp., #1)
  • Ice Water in Hell (The City, #2)
  • The Last Bite
  • William's House (Hidden Magic #1)
  • When Angels Fall
  • Ethan's Freedom (Portals, #1)
  • Gray's Fallen
  • Fool's Errand  (Fool's Odyssey #1)
  • Visible Friend
  • Tono (Basque, #2)
  • Were Lost  (Were Chronicles #1)
  • Beneath Your Wings
Ryssa Edwards is a writer of paranormal romance that takes place in other worlds, some of them just around the corner.
More about Ryssa Edwards...

Immortal Pleasures (3 books)
  • Dark Angel, All the Stars (Immortal Pleasures, #2)
  • Hunter Angel, Midnight Gamble (Immortal Pleasures, #3)