Start by marking “Beyond Friends” as Want to Read:
Beyond Friends

Beyond Friends

3.2 of 5 stars 3.20  ·  rating details  ·  61 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Long time friends and one time lovers, Jack and Rain, are now at a crisis in their relationship. Polar opposites, each harbour romantic feelings for the other, but are afraid to own up to them.

When a tragic event happens in Rain's life, he looks to Jack to help him pick up the pieces, realizing there has only ever been one man in his life that he has truly loved-Jack. But...more
Published March 4th 2011 by Evernight Publishing (first published January 17th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Beyond Friends, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond Friends

Hot Head by Damon SuedeThe Assignment by Evangeline AndersonStr8te Boys by Evangeline AndersonA Helping Hand by Shayla KerstenSecond Chances by T.A. Webb
MM Books: Friendzone
6th out of 12 books — 18 voters
Faith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsHot Head by Damon SuedeThe Tin Star by J.L. LangleyPromises by Marie SextonThe Assignment by Evangeline Anderson
Best Gay Friends Become Lovers
404th out of 494 books — 810 voters

More lists with this book...

The Project
ManOhMan
Reviewed by Kerri:
I liked the connection that was shown between the two main characters in this short novella. The concept of friends becoming lovers has intrigued me, and I thought it was nicely developed in this story.

Rain isn't the most likeable character. At times he's an ass and tends to make huge mistakes throughout his young life.

Jack is the good guy, the one who is always there to pick Rain up when he has fallen. I'm not one to give spoilers and you can read the blurb to get a bit about...more
Readers Roundtable
4.5 Gold Crowns. Sweet, sad, but joyous in the end is the story of Jack and Rain in Beyond Friends by Xondra Day. To read the remainder of this review, please visit http://thereadersroundtable.com/eroti...
Adam
From start to finish, I loved this story. This is a realistic M/M romance, rather than the all-too-common 'hormonal men' type you see far too much of lately.

Great characters, great writing.

Buy, read, love. :)
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
Jack and Rain are so young and vulnerable at this point in their lives, and it is heartening to see how much they respect their friendship. It is also scary to imagine someone as young as Rain putting himself into such dangerous positions, but Jack is there for him every time, and never judges. Their relationship goes far beyond the physical, and I would love to see that explored more fully. They are on the cusp of a wonderful love affair, and it makes you smile to have read their story.

Lototy
Re...more
Rebecca
Pending review at The Romance Reviews...

Beyond Friends is a quick read with a lot of story missing. While I enjoyed the two characters and their story, I couldn’t help but think that I didn’t know enough about them. The characters lacked the depth necessary to establish a connection with the reader. It’s a very short read and maybe herein lies the problem because there was hardly time for the author to develop the characters more.
Heather♥
For such a short story I wasn't expecting that half the sex in the book would be between the main characters and other people, instead of with each other. There was quite a bit of detail in the scene with Jack and Jeremy, so it made me wonder if he and Rain were going to end up together after all. But after Rain's ordeal at the end, I was happy they finally confessed their true feelings because they belonged together.
Meggie
The idea for this plot is kind of sweet but this short story was really bad written and I cannot understand why it was even published. There is so many loose ends and so many holes in this plot its horrible! The characters were even to bland and unreal. Blah!! Anyway I didn't like it, but that's my opinion!
Veronica /  V
Not one of my favourites for sure, still I don't regret read it.
But, I'm so sorry to say, this is a one of the worst book covers I ever purchased, very ugly indeed.
Gigi
Short read, nothing special really. The cover is ridiculous with a 12 year old looking boy.
Cary
Cary marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Shayla Mist
Shayla Mist marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
A
A marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Illuminatii
Illuminatii is currently reading it
Mar 22, 2014
Xondra Day
Jan 25, 2014 Xondra Day added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: written-by-me
SraeLiz Ess
SraeLiz Ess marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2013
Nic
Nic added it
Sep 04, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2013
E.B
E.B marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Xondra Day lives for romance, whether it's between the pages of a book, or with the love of her life.

Xondra lives with her husband and Charlie the cat in Canada, and doesn't mind the snow one bit. Well, maybe a little. When not writing, she loves to read, garden when it's nice out, and quilt when it isn't.

She also enjoys keeping fit and spending time out in the country, either on foot or by bike....more
More about Xondra Day...
A Little Piece of Heaven Worth Waiting For The best gift Just Upstairs Star Treatment