Start by marking “Petal's Problems (Sisters Eight, #6)” as Want to Read:
Petal's Problems (Sisters Eight, #6)

Petal's Problems (Sisters Eight #6)

Oh, no. Oh, no. Oh, no. Oh, no! May is almost over and that means only one thing: Petal's month is about to begin. For most people, this would be a good thing. They would look forward to discovering their gift and their power. But not our dear Petal. As far as Petal is concerned, it could stay May forever.

At least the sisters have some excitement in their future: The weddi
ebook
Published October 4th 2010 by Hmh Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Petal's Problems, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Petal's Problems

jennifer
Another disappointing story in the Series. The story still pushes too far the line between acceptable suspension of reality for that whimsical indulgence of fantasy versions of life and unbelievability and outright negation of real life. It also pushed this line so much I found the scenarios to seem almost stupid and annoying. Also, this situation/issue between believability and fantasy could have been completely remedied had the storyline with the Petes taken a different turn in Marcia's Madnes ...more
Angie
Apr 09, 2011 Angie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's getting closer and closer to the end... we can hardly wait!!
Ehmree Johnson
Oct 26, 2016 Ehmree Johnson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's now petal's month, but will she ever come out from under her bed. Aunt Martha and Uncle George are getting married (In France). They figure out away to attend the wedding. And they make it to France, but what is waiting for them in France. The wedding is put on pause when something goes terribly wrong. Petal has to be brave and use her powers to save the day.
I think petal changes a lot in this story She is usually a scaredy cat. will Petal go to school. At the beginning when her moth sta
Dolly
Jul 05, 2012 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is the sixth book in the Sisters Eight series by Lauren Baratz-Logsted, Greg Logsted, and Jackie Logsted. Our oldest daughter discovered the first book of this series recently at our local library and fell in love immediately. We've borrowed the next few books in the series and she's read several of them quickly in succession. I enjoy reading the stories after she does and discussing the plots with her.

We read the last book together, but for some reason, I would quickly fall asleep while r
Lady Knight
While I still love this series, and heartily recommend it to young readers every chance I get, this one was not as good as I was hoping / expecting. Maybe it's just been enough of a time lapse for me between reading the installments of the series, but this one seemed to lack a bit in the plot department....

June has finally rolled around and it's Petal's turn to receive her power and gift... but she doesn't want it! She takes to hiding under her bed in the hope of hiding from her 'turn'. Luckily
Dyah
This is the most annoying book of the series so far, with Petal constantly whining throughout the book. She's so annoying :(

At the end of the previous book, you know that the Eights are invited to their aunt and uncle's wedding party in France, so...you probably have guessed who else they'll be seeing there; yeah, their looney aunt who previously tried to kidnap them. There you'll also find more info about the Huit family and something about "the other eights". Yes, the plot thickens; which is a
Kaethe
The Offspring each received their signed copies, and so far two of us have finished reading it. Yes, they and I feel a special kinship with the books, being present at the beginning. I've got no objectivity, and I know it. We love the sisters, the powers, the gifts, the mysteries, the humor, the cats, the mad science. Probably this is printed in the best font ever.

Kaytee
Jan 21, 2016 Kaytee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
petal has gained her power now and petal does not want her power but it came to her and if you want to know what her power is and what her gift is you will have to read the book the book is really good
Angie
Aug 14, 2012 Angie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: juvenile-fic
I can't help it. Even though sometimes Petal's little idiosyncrasies are REALLY annoying and a few of the sisters are constantly snipping at each other ... I still like these books! Surprising little lines along the way make me laugh.
Madison
Jul 08, 2012 Madison rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We've heard about
Annie, Durinda, Georgia, Jakie, and even Marcia, but now it's time to let the "child" of the family shine, if ever faces the fact that she can't stay under her bed forever
Shelley
Oct 03, 2014 Shelley rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kid-lit
The books in the series are weakening in progression. Also, I really do need to turn "Rebecca sneered" into a drinking game.
Marta Ferguson
Oct 25, 2012 Marta Ferguson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: middle-grade
Can't remember library books ever having had such heavy usage at our house! In three weeks, I've read the series once, but C is halfway through a third round already!
Jeanette
A very loose three stars. Didn't enjoy it as much as the rest of the series. Probly cause Petal's character drives me batty.
Miriam
Miriam rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2013
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it liked it
Jun 21, 2013
Brenda
Brenda rated it liked it
Sep 09, 2015
Kande
Kande rated it it was amazing
Nov 23, 2012
Ayra Nikolle
Ayra Nikolle rated it it was amazing
Jun 06, 2016
Charlie
Charlie rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2013
Tera
Tera rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2015
Liesl Johnson
Liesl Johnson rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2015
LAH
LAH rated it it was amazing
Mar 30, 2014
North Hunter
North Hunter rated it it was amazing
Nov 14, 2015
Cassidy
Cassidy rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2012
Renee Wall
Renee Wall rated it really liked it
Aug 12, 2012
PiperAkina
PiperAkina rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2015
Leticia (I'm amazing)
Leticia (I'm amazing) rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2014
Grace
Grace rated it it was amazing
Nov 09, 2016
Alexis
Alexis rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2012
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2012
  • Murder on the Fourth of July (Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys: Super Mystery, #28)
  • Staying Together (Main Street, #10)
  • Rescuing Seneca Crane (Kari + Lucas Mysteries, #2)
  • The Legend of Diamond Lil (J.J. Tully Mystery #2)
  • Storm Warning (Dog Whisperer, #2)
  • Sammy Keyes and the Wedding Crasher (Sammy Keyes, #13)
  • Gilda Joyce: The Dead Drop (Gilda Joyce, #4)
Lauren grew up in Monroe, CT, where her father owned a drugstore at which her mother was the pharmacist. She is a graduate of the University of Connecticut at Storrs, where she majored in psychology. She also has what she calls her “half-Masters” in English from Western Connecticut State University (five courses down, another five to go…someday!).

Throughout college, she worked semester breaks as a
More about Lauren Baratz-Logsted...

Sisters Eight (9 books)
  • Annie's Adventures (Sisters Eight, #1)
  • Durinda's Dangers (Sisters Eight, #2)
  • Georgia's Greatness (Sisters Eight, #3)
  • Jackie's Jokes (Sisters Eight, #4)
  • Marcia's Madness (Sisters Eight, #5)
  • Rebecca's Rashness (Sisters Eight, #7)
  • Zinnia's Zaniness (Sisters Eight, #8)
  • The Final Battle... For Now (Sisters Eight, #9)