Start by marking “Book of Dreams” as Want to Read:
Book of Dreams

Book of Dreams

3.63  ·  Rating Details  ·  229 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
traci Harding's the Ancient Future has sold over 40,000 copies and her legion of fans continues to grow. Kyle is a young man with no future and no past. Orphaned at a young age, he is bitter and uses his tough upbringing as an excuse for his lack of direction in life. But a mysterious parcel is about to change his view of himself, his parents and the world in which he live ...more
Published August 27th 2003 by Voyager - AU (first published January 1st 2003)

Ariel Brown
Aug 11, 2014 Ariel Brown rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Set in the Australian indigenous spirituality context, this book demonstrates Traci Harding's own highly spiritual advancement as she writes without cultural or social biases. She is unique among authors for those seeking their own spiritual path. Any book written by Traci Harding has a message to the reader, and is based on spiritual truths.
Karen
Mar 30, 2010 Karen rated it it was amazing
This is a stand alone book and was the first one of her books I read. I bought it in a second hand book store and fell in love with it. It was becasue of this book that I sought out others she had written and the best thing is that she is an Australian author.
Yvonne Boag
Jan 02, 2015 Yvonne Boag rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, australian
Kyle is a orphan whose mother died in childbirth. His childhood consists of a series of abusive foster families, so he has grown up not trusting anyone and only relying on his best friend Matt and himself. After being fired from work Kyle comes home to discover a mysterious brown package lying on his doorstep. What the package contains will challenge Kyle's perceptions of the world and himself.

Somewhat clunky dialogue and an unbelievable plot (but hey this is fantasy). Traci Harding redeems hers
Georgia Beyers
Apr 15, 2014 Georgia Beyers rated it liked it
Totally wacky but a good plot with nice warm characters and a lot of aboriginal folklore thrown in for good measure. Quite enjoyed it but I think Traci Harding may have been dabbling with a bit of madness at the time of writing this! Haha
Katie
May 06, 2016 Katie rated it it was ok
Nice story but not enough 'meat' in the plot. everything happens too neatly, too easily...too predictable
Carla Khoo
Jan 03, 2013 Carla Khoo rated it it was amazing
Man o man did I love this book. You'll feel empowered to love your sun burnt country by the end of this one - or you'll fall in love with Australia if you're not from round'ere ;)

This is another fast paced book, full of magic, mystery and baddies that are so easy to hate cos they're horrible. LOVE IT.
Olivia Moore
Aug 05, 2013 Olivia Moore rated it did not like it
I really did not like this book. I finished it only because I started it and I wanted to see if it improved. I notice that Traci Harding has written many novels and is rated highly. I am keen to read another of her books to see if this one was just a story that gel with me.
Ross Neilson
Sep 08, 2012 Ross Neilson rated it liked it
Good book. Not as good as earlier works entertaining and an easy fast pace read
Corina
Oct 25, 2008 Corina rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fantasy fans, traci harding fans
Shelves: fantasy, re-readable
One of my favourite books by Traci Harding. Review to follow..
Gunilla
Gunilla marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
SaberX
SaberX marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2016
Jennie Keech
Jennie Keech rated it did not like it
Aug 14, 2016
Laura marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2016
Nik
Nik marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
Melanie Fazzio
Melanie Fazzio marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2016
Nudz Falcone
Nudz Falcone rated it liked it
Jun 30, 2016
Roni Jensen
Roni Jensen marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2016
Ronald Williams
Ronald Williams marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Linn Kelly
Linn Kelly rated it did not like it
Jun 19, 2016
Carine
Carine marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2016
Nikki
Nikki marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2016
Connie  Claussen
Connie Claussen rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2016
Alison (Lady Coffin) S
Alison (Lady Coffin) S marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2016
Lizzy
Lizzy marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2016
ellaash
ellaash marked it as to-read
May 09, 2016
Marchelene Manning
Marchelene Manning marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
Linda McCarthy
Linda McCarthy marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
  • Blood from a Stone
  • Perfect Pumpkin Pie
  • Memoirs of the Bathtub Psychic - The True Story of a Clairvoyant and Her Dogs
  • There's No Such Thing As Monsters
  • Dragon and Liberator (Dragonback, #6)
  • Zera and the Green Man
  • The Truly Terribly Horrible Sweater...That Grandma Knit
  • The Spell of Rosette (Quantum Enchantment, #1)
  • Blood, Smoke and Mirrors (Bad Witch #1)
  • My Little Pet Dragon (Fun!)
  • To Kiss a Frog
  • Halloween Night
  • Flinx of the Commonwealth (Pip & Flinx, #1,3,5)
  • The Word-Loss Diet
  • The High Rise Glorious Skittle Skat Roarious Sky Pie Angel Food Cake
  • The Bee Bully
  • Reunion (Rift Runners, #3)
  • The Memoir Project: A Thoroughly Non-Standardized Text for Writing & Life
Traci Harding, is an Australian science-fantasy author who currently has twelve books in publication, on the Voyager label of HaperCollins Publishers Australia.

Her work blends fantasy, fact, esoteric belief, time travel and quantum physics, into adventurous romps through history, ulternative dimensions, universes and states of consciousness.

The Ancient Future Trilogy
Book 1 -The Ancient Future 199
More about Traci Harding...