Start by marking “Big Joe's Trailer Truck” as Want to Read:
Big Joe's Trailer Truck

Big Joe's Trailer Truck

4.35  ·  Rating Details  ·  43 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Illus. in full color. Preschool truck lovers can follow Big Joe through a typical day's work. The marvelously detailed paintings culminate in a double-page spread that labels every conceivable working part of a tractor-trailer rig. ...more
Published September 12th 1974 by Random House Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Big Joe's Trailer Truck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Big Joe's Trailer Truck

Danny
May 01, 2011 Danny rated it it was amazing
Danny cannot get enough of this book about a trucker's life. It's fairly detailed, but he hangs on every word.
Danny Lindsay
Aug 06, 2014 Danny Lindsay rated it it was amazing
I finally remembered the title of this book after twenty-five years of trying. Loved it. I think I'm going to order it.
Londa
Dec 05, 2013 Londa rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
The illustrations are the thing that really made this book. They were very detailed, especially in the trailer truck garage. There is a full diagram detailing every part of the truck. The characters were also drawn very warm and friendly. Joe looks like a 'good guy'.

The drawings felt very nostalgic to me as well. It makes sense because the pub date is 74 and ,yeah, I would have been a kiddo then. The story is not fancy or bubbly, but it works for what it is. The 8 yr old said his favorite part
Erik
Dec 27, 2015 Erik rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction-children
One of my favorite books when I was younger. There isn't a lot to the story, as it follows a truck driver through a typical day, but the art is pretty good and kid's will be interested in the illustrations breaking down the truck's various parts.
george
Mar 13, 2011 george rated it really liked it
I really like the illustrations in the simple story about a truck driver. Does a good job of explaining what a trucker's job is and there is a great illustration at the beginning of the book that details all the parts on a tractor trailer.
Michelle
Feb 12, 2009 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Michelle by: James Maxwell
James' favorite book when he was a lad. I used to love reading this with James. And when I was old enough to read, I would read it to James. Ah good times.
Robert
Dec 12, 2007 Robert rated it it was amazing
This book has awesome pictures. There's even one of all the truckers eating breakfast at a diner. The truckers are wearing cool jackets. I like breakfast.
Amber
Apr 13, 2009 Amber rated it it was ok
Shelves: children-books
Perfect book for that kid that loves trucks. It has a break down of all the parts in a truck.
Feb 12, 2010 Sarah added it
I agree. Grahambo also gives it five stars, even if it isn't Thomas.
Daniel
Dec 12, 2008 Daniel rated it liked it
James Maxwell
Feb 10, 2009 James Maxwell rated it it was amazing
My absolute favorite book as a kid
Bryan
Oct 27, 2008 Bryan added it
A childhood favorite....
Jim
Jim added it
Aug 17, 2016
Jack Splat
Jack Splat rated it liked it
Jul 16, 2016
Carrie
Carrie rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2016
Maureen Lubitz
Maureen Lubitz rated it really liked it
Mar 29, 2016
Michelle Bombard Marsala
Michelle Bombard Marsala marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2016
Craig
Craig rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2016
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
Jan 11, 2016
Shawna
Shawna added it
Jun 27, 2015
WCNS
WCNS marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
Michael Bartholomew
Michael Bartholomew rated it really liked it
May 21, 2015
Egil Eide
Egil Eide marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015