Start by marking “Evil Twins: Chilling True Stories of Twins, Killing and Insanity” as Want to Read:
Evil Twins: Chilling True Stories of Twins, Killing and Insanity

Evil Twins: Chilling True Stories of Twins, Killing and Insanity

3.2 of 5 stars 3.20  ·  rating details  ·  79 ratings  ·  12 reviews
They give a whole new meaning to the phrase "Dead Ringers"

Identical twins, with the exact same genetic information, are a fascinating study in human behavior. It is a known fact that when separated at birth, they will often end up with very similar lives, without ever having met one another. So it seems to follow that if one twins turns out to be a "bad seed," the other wi
Published May 15th 1999 by St. Martin's True Crime

To ask other readers questions about Evil Twins, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Evil Twins

Mariel
Aug 27, 2011 Mariel rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: double trouble
Recommended to Mariel by: it was part of a twin marathon I gave up on months ago
I only finished this book today. I lied on my goodreads finish date because I didn't want to look like I took months to read this. I care what people think about me. That's all I did was memorize this book! It's a guide book. Mariel, are you looking for how to get away with it? It's.... complicated.... And only a few pages were pictures... I am thinking about writing letters to the one with acne and... I suddenly developed dyslexia... Evil twins! They did it.

I enjoy the mystique of being a twin.
Guy Portman
Evil Twins is a true crime book that spawned a television series of the same name on the ID channel. Divided into twelve sections, each dedicated to a different set of 'evil' twins, these shocking stories entail everything from madness to dual psychosis, murder and fratricide. Included are the famous London gangster twins, the Krays, as well as black widows, rohypnol Romeos and deranged doctors.

The book embraces a tabloid journalistic approach, complete with photographs and sensationalist secti
Tom Schulte
The author has no probative analysis of any of these cases but regardless this is a fascinating, wide collection of twins in murderour extremis. The visciousness of twin-on-twin murder is especially memorable.
Christina Bowers
Creepy true stories of twins who have gone a little nuts, or very nuts... As an identical twin, it was a very interesting read for me.
Mary
Dec 19, 2011 Mary rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys true crime
Recommended to Mary by: Paperback Swap
There are many studies involving the separation of twins at birth where they grow up to live astonishingly different lives. However there are true cases where, if one twin turns out "bad", the other will follow them down the same destructive path. This book is a compilation of twins committing evil acts against others or each other as jealousy and anger spark seemingly from the womb. I have to say that I enjoyed this book as I had never heard of any of these cases, so I give the book A+!
Bryan
My Aunt Pat was married to Tim. I remember Tim taking me and my twin brother and bought us a triple scoop of Ice Cream, I do not remember much about Todd, except that him and Tim got into a fist fight in our front yard and my dad stopped the fight.
My Grandfather told me this when I asked him about the story Tim and Todd by themselves were nice young men, but classed them like this. "Too much money too young of age"
Dara S.
There are twelve stories about twins who kill each other or those they love. Some are pretty bizarre. Several of them involve a dominate twin manipulating the more passive twin to follow along. The theme with a number of them is the twins could not seem to part and usually lived together and if they married those marriages fell apart.
Stacy Simpson

It took me quite some time to finish this book obviously. Some of the stories were I treating but the book ad a whole dragged on and on.
John Spalding
Along with "What to Expect the First Year," I bought this after my identical twins were born. Over-the-top, sensationalistic fun stuff.
Cindy Boss
a different way of the writings from this author, it was many stories in one, it was good though
Shandra
Seen every episode on the ID channel, nothing to rate.
Johnny
May 26, 2008 Johnny rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Jeremy Irons.
Makes me glad that I am an only child!
Sandra Swartz
Sandra Swartz marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
Steve Clark
Steve Clark marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
Kylie
Kylie marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
Celiena
Celiena marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2015
SHERI HOLCOMB
SHERI HOLCOMB marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2015
Sarah Duke
Sarah Duke marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2015
Sara
Sara added it
Aug 02, 2015
Angela Owens
Angela Owens marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Velia
Velia added it
Jul 24, 2015
Joe Roesner
Joe Roesner marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
Stephanie Brush
Stephanie Brush marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2015
Bclairchinnault
Bclairchinnault marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
  • Wasted
  • Kill For Me
  • Blood in the Water
  • Prophet of Death: The Mormon Blood-Atonement Killings
English-born John Glatt is the author of Lost and Found, Secrets in the Cellar, Playing with Fire, and many other bestselling books of true crime. He has more than 30 years of experience as an investigative journalist in England and America. Glatt left school at 16 and worked a variety of jobs—including tea boy and messenger—before joining a small weekly newspaper. He freelanced at several English ...more
More about John Glatt...
Secrets in the Cellar Lost and Found: The True Story of Jaycee Lee Dugard and the Abduction that Shocked the World The Lost Girls: The True Story of the Cleveland Abductions and the Incredible Rescue of Michelle Knight, Amanda Berry, and Gina DeJesus Cries in the Desert One Deadly Night