Stampeded

Stampeded (Whitehorse, MT: Chisholm Cattle Co. #4)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  106 ratings  ·  14 reviews
To escape a killer, she must accept the Chisholm brand of protection...Alexa Cross has spent a lifetime outrunning the "curse" of her bloodline. Now she must confront her past to save her family from an extraordinary force of evil. Haunted or not, the eerie Wellington Manor radiates danger and Alexa has nowhere to run except to her strongest--and most irresistible--ally.

En...more
Paperback, Large Print, 288 pages
Published August 2nd 2011 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2011)

Mojca
I don’t really know how to review this. Some parts of it were good, some less so, but the biggest problem was the two different storylines running parallel. It would’ve worked better in two books, but I guess one of them isn’t done yet, working as the main series arc.

As far as the main story goes – the haunted house, the clairvoyant in denial etc. – the pacing was good and the characterization also, the plot interesting, but once again, I didn’t particularly like the heroine (the denial part jus...more
Pamela(AllHoney)
I got this one because I read the previous one in this series and there were unrevolved issues. Those issues are still unrevolved. I give it a 3 stars based on that. The romance between Alexa and Marshall was good and if the book had been solely about them I'd have given this 4 or 4 and 1/2 stars. But it's not.
Sheena
"It was just a nightmare, " she whispered to herself as she stepped to the window, hoping for a breath of air... That's when she saw him. He wore nothing but jeans and boots, a towel draped over one shoulder as he sauntered toward the pond.

He disappeared behind the trees. A moment later she heard a splash.

The sound pulled her - just as the thought of the cowboy in the cool water of the pond did.

She knew what could happen if she continued down to the pond. Just the thought sent a shiver through...more
Patricia Atkinson
The story of marshall and the new neighbours that move into the old abandon house across the pasture.The sister of the new owner whos mother was a sear.The story of aggie also continues in this book 4th in the series.Is the old mansion haunted or is there more going on there than renovations for a bed and breakfast.
Susan
Again, I'm reading this series out of order and I get the 'walking in to the middle of the conversation' feeling. The author didn't go over what previous happened that much, though I got a general idea of the on-going story lines from the previous entries. I really should read these in order, but alas, I have no control over what the library book sale offers!

I really felt the ominous atmosphere of the hotel and the majestic setting of the countryside. All the characters were interesting as was t...more
Debbie Heaton
After a lifetime of running from her "curse", Alexa Cross must now confront her past to save her family from an evil force. Is Wellington Manor haunted? Alexa senses something and finds nowhere to run except to a most definitely irresistible ally.

Marshall Chisholm's top priority is ending the threat against Alexa, and he'll stop at nothing to cure her fear and replace it with desire. But the closer they get, the more mysterious she becomes. And if they stand a chance of uniting to unlock a kille...more
Shannon Adamson
I thought it was good. I didn't realize that this was a part of a series until about chapter three. There were names I thought sounded familiar and then it dawned on me that I have read another book from this series. Now of course it makes me want to buy the other two books in the series just to read the whole thing and to actually own the entire series. All in all not a bad book. Suspenseful indeed. Kept me on my toes the entire time. I thought one way and it went another way. Just the way I li...more
Kristina
I loved loved loved this book. This book is my favorite out if the series so far. I'm a sucker for a good ghost story. This book had a little bit of that and cowboys. What more can a gal ask for!!
Mombo
If you love a story heavy on the Intrigue and light on the romance, you'll probably love Stampeded. The romance built up quick and sweet with two likable characters in Alexa and Marshall but the family back stories overwhelmed everything.

Alexa's mum still scares me and Marshall's father's ex-wife twice-removed is an unknown so who knows what could happen there. I guess we'll have to wait and see...
Shannon Renee
Oh, Marshall. I love this series!

Marshall, bro 4 of 6 continues the Chisolm Cattle Series. I agree this one was light on the romance, but that was ok with me. Loved the continual drama from old Aggie. Love BJ Daniels writing.
Brianne
I really liked the suspense plot in this book and the ongoing twists and turns in the overarching plot of the series. The romance did not really do too much for me this time around
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Whitehorse, Montana: Chisholm Cattle Company
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Whitehorse, Montana: Chisholm Cattle Company
Donna
Great book. Love the mystery. Cannot put her books down.
Caleshe Voges
Caleshe Voges marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Katina
Katina marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Kelly
Kelly added it
May 12, 2014
Catherine Sanborn
Catherine Sanborn marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Jane Dugan
Jane Dugan marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Althea
Althea marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
B.J. Daniels' life dream was to be a policewoman. After a career as an award-winning newspaper journalist, she wrote and sold 37 short stories before she finally wrote her first book. Since then she has won numerous awards including a career achievement award last year for romantic suspense.

She lives in Montana with her husband, Parker, two Springer Spaniels, Jem and Spot, and a temperamental tomc...more
More about B.J. Daniels...
Crime Scene At Cardwell Ranch (Cardwell Ranch #1) The New Deputy in Town (Whitehorse Montana #2) Justice at Cardwell Ranch (Cardwell Ranch #2) Unforgiven (Beartooth, Montana, #1) Branded