Start by marking “Stampeded (Whitehorse, MT: Chisholm Cattle Co., #4)” as Want to Read:
Stampeded (Whitehorse, MT: Chisholm Cattle Co., #4)

Stampeded (Whitehorse, MT: Chisholm Cattle Co. #4)

To escape a killer, she muct accept the Chisholm brand of protection...Alexa Cross has spent a lifetime outrunning the "curse" of her bloodline. Now she must confront her past to save her family from an extraordinary force of evil. Haunted or not, the eerie Wellington Manor radiates danger and Alexa has nowhere to run except to her strongest--and most irresistible--ally.

Published August 2nd 2011 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Stampeded, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stampeded

I don’t really know how to review this. Some parts of it were good, some less so, but the biggest problem was the two different storylines running parallel. It would’ve worked better in two books, but I guess one of them isn’t done yet, working as the main series arc.

As far as the main story goes – the haunted house, the clairvoyant in denial etc. – the pacing was good and the characterization also, the plot interesting, but once again, I didn’t particularly like the heroine (the denial part jus
I got this one because I read the previous one in this series and there were unrevolved issues. Those issues are still unrevolved. I give it a 3 stars based on that. The romance between Alexa and Marshall was good and if the book had been solely about them I'd have given this 4 or 4 and 1/2 stars. But it's not.
"It was just a nightmare, " she whispered to herself as she stepped to the window, hoping for a breath of air... That's when she saw him. He wore nothing but jeans and boots, a towel draped over one shoulder as he sauntered toward the pond.

He disappeared behind the trees. A moment later she heard a splash.

The sound pulled her - just as the thought of the cowboy in the cool water of the pond did.

She knew what could happen if she continued down to the pond. Just the thought sent a shiver through
Patricia Atkinson
Mar 19, 2014 Patricia Atkinson rated it it was amazing
The story of marshall and the new neighbours that move into the old abandon house across the pasture.The sister of the new owner whos mother was a sear.The story of aggie also continues in this book 4th in the series.Is the old mansion haunted or is there more going on there than renovations for a bed and breakfast.
Nov 28, 2012 Susan rated it liked it
Shelves: harlequin, 2012
Again, I'm reading this series out of order and I get the 'walking in to the middle of the conversation' feeling. The author didn't go over what previous happened that much, though I got a general idea of the on-going story lines from the previous entries. I really should read these in order, but alas, I have no control over what the library book sale offers!

I really felt the ominous atmosphere of the hotel and the majestic setting of the countryside. All the characters were interesting as was t
Debbie Heaton
Aug 11, 2011 Debbie Heaton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After a lifetime of running from her "curse", Alexa Cross must now confront her past to save her family from an evil force. Is Wellington Manor haunted? Alexa senses something and finds nowhere to run except to a most definitely irresistible ally.

Marshall Chisholm's top priority is ending the threat against Alexa, and he'll stop at nothing to cure her fear and replace it with desire. But the closer they get, the more mysterious she becomes. And if they stand a chance of uniting to unlock a kille
Shannon Adamson
Nov 21, 2011 Shannon Adamson rated it really liked it
Shelves: paperback
I thought it was good. I didn't realize that this was a part of a series until about chapter three. There were names I thought sounded familiar and then it dawned on me that I have read another book from this series. Now of course it makes me want to buy the other two books in the series just to read the whole thing and to actually own the entire series. All in all not a bad book. Suspenseful indeed. Kept me on my toes the entire time. I thought one way and it went another way. Just the way I li ...more
Jun 09, 2014 Kristina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved loved loved this book. This book is my favorite out if the series so far. I'm a sucker for a good ghost story. This book had a little bit of that and cowboys. What more can a gal ask for!!
If you love a story heavy on the Intrigue and light on the romance, you'll probably love Stampeded. The romance built up quick and sweet with two likable characters in Alexa and Marshall but the family back stories overwhelmed everything.

Alexa's mum still scares me and Marshall's father's ex-wife twice-removed is an unknown so who knows what could happen there. I guess we'll have to wait and see...
Maggie Shanley
May 25, 2015 Maggie Shanley rated it liked it
Okay book with a bad title. The story of a girl who sees dead people, who comes to rescue her brother from a cursed house and falls in love with the cowboy next-door.
Shannon Renee
Dec 21, 2012 Shannon Renee rated it liked it
Shelves: intrigue
Oh, Marshall. I love this series!

Marshall, bro 4 of 6 continues the Chisolm Cattle Series. I agree this one was light on the romance, but that was ok with me. Loved the continual drama from old Aggie. Love BJ Daniels writing.
Oct 02, 2012 Brianne rated it really liked it
I really liked the suspense plot in this book and the ongoing twists and turns in the overarching plot of the series. The romance did not really do too much for me this time around
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Whitehorse, Montana: Chisholm Cattle Company
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Whitehorse, Montana: Chisholm Cattle Company
Apr 24, 2013 Donna rated it it was amazing
Great book. Love the mystery. Cannot put her books down.
Dec 17, 2014 Johanna rated it liked it
I had fun reading this book.
Julie rated it really liked it
Oct 20, 2016
Ellen O'BRIEN rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2016
Arlene Downey
Arlene Downey marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2016
S G rated it really liked it
Oct 01, 2016
Rosalie marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2016
Michael Cheryl
Michael Cheryl marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2016
beth goss
beth goss rated it it was amazing
Sep 26, 2016
Patti Applebee
Patti Applebee marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
Ashley Gibson
Ashley Gibson marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2016
Ashley Gibson
Ashley Gibson marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2016
karen curry
karen curry rated it it was amazing
Sep 15, 2016
Danelle Cale
Danelle Cale marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2016
L J rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2016
  • Cooper Vengeance  (Cooper, #7)
  • GI Cowboy (Daddy Corps, #1)
  • Guns and the Girl Next Door
  • Bayou Bodyguard
  • Scene of the Crime: Bachelor Moon
  • Broken (Colby Agency, #45)
  • Navy SEAL Security (Brothers in Arms, #1)
  • The Missing Twin
  • Protecting Plain Jane (The Precinct: SWAT #2; The Precinct #14)
  • Last Spy Standing (SDDU, #11)
  • Baby Bootcamp (Daddy Corps, #2)
B.J. Daniels' life dream was to be a policewoman. After a career as an award-winning newspaper journalist, she wrote and sold 37 short stories before she finally wrote her first book. Since then she has won numerous awards including a career achievement award last year for romantic suspense.

She lives in Montana with her husband, Parker, two Springer Spaniels, Jem and Spot, and a temperamental tomc
More about B.J. Daniels...

Whitehorse, MT: Chisholm Cattle Co. (6 books)
  • Branded (Whitehorse, MT: Chisholm Cattle Co., #1)
  • Lassoed (Whitehorse, MT: Chisholm Cattle Co., #2)
  • Rustled (Whitehorse, MT: Chisholm Cattle Co., #3)
  • Corralled (Whitehorse, MT: Chisholm Cattle Co., #5)
  • Wrangled (Whitehorse, MT: Chisholm Cattle Co., #6)