30 Días de Noche 02: Días oscuros

30 Días de Noche 02: Días oscuros (30 Days of Night #2)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  1,218 ratings  ·  77 reviews
30 días de noche fue una de las publicaciones más vendidas del 2003, consiguió una nominación para el reputado International Horror Guild Award, y sirvió para abrir paso a una nueva era de los cómics de terror. Días oscuros, la secuela a esa rematada historia de vampiros, hizo ganar una nueva multitud de acólitos a sus creadores y afianzó su presencia en primera línea del...more
Paperback, 1, 136 pages
Published May 2004 by Devir (first published April 7th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about 30 Días de Noche 02, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 30 Días de Noche 02

Paul Nelson
Dark days is the sequel to 30 days of night and follows Stella as she attempts to reveal the existence of vampires to the world.. Stella is one of the few survivors of the Barrow massacre and her journey takes her into the heart of Los Angeles, not the pretty sunshine side but the more grittier, underworld side. Stella now has a crew of killers and they are focused on revenge, using her newly published book of the events at Barrow to draw the vampires out.
More bloodshed all the way and we are i...more
Fox
This is the sort of fiction that the vampire genre needs. The vampires don't sparkle, they don't throw about all that "b-grade gothic bullshit", and there are varying factions within them. Not every vampire is the same, but there are certain generalizations that one can make about them. The moral questions raised in this volume were fantastic, and I hope that the rest of the series continues in this vain. Also... doesn't it just make sense that they've infiltrated the FBI and other such resource...more
Paul Nelson
Following the death of his beloved Stella, Eben fully embraces the nature of the vampire and turns from protector to brutal killer and his first stop is Barrow where it all began. The artwork is less cartoonish than volume 1, thankfully and Eben steps up as leader of the vampire horde as they assault the FBI headquarters seeking the agent that killed Stella.
Eben is unrecognisable from earlier books in the series, a more dangerous and sinister character especially in the artwork by Christopher M...more
Erin
The art is cleaner, but not by much. But! It's enough to make it absolutely gorgeous. At double the length of 30 Days of Night, it comes in at just the right length to tell the story it wanted to tell.

I could gush over the art for ages. It was lovely and creepy and wonderful and perfect. ♥
Gef
I thought 30 Days of Night was a great graphic novel, with a film adaptation that complimented it quite well. I don't hold such high hopes for Dark Days after seeing the trailer for the film adaption to this sequel. I may skip the movie altogether, lest it ruin what was another entertaining vampire story from Steve Niles and Ben Templesmith.

If you haven't read 30 Days of Night, there's going to be a couple of spoilers for that book revealed. So, maybe check out my review of the book, then decide...more
Caitlin
Although I was a bit lukewarm on the story of 30 Days of Night, I was anything but lukewarm about the art. Great concept altogether and I'll put up with a little bit of hokieness in the story for art of this stellar quality.

Dark Days follows Stella Olemaun and her crew as they try to warn the world about the vampires. The story here is much much better. Taking characters out to play in twilight Los Angeles and letting them blow things up, battle vampires, and generally kick some major ass is hig...more
Miss Kitty
Sep 24, 2007 Miss Kitty rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of the prequel 30 Days of Night
Stella, wife of dead Barrow, Alaska vampire sheriff, has gotten tough. She wants to take down the vampires for killing her husband Eben. She hires some mercenaries, commissions some weapons, writes a tell-all book, and prepares for war. At her first author Q&A she initiates a vampire-human smackdown. It doesn't really work as well as she'd like. Enter Ms. Judith, mother of the helicopter guy from 30 Days of Night. She doesn't like the vampires either since they killed her son. Vicente's mate...more
Honeybadger
I was put off again by the "plot armour" the main characters are wearing. In the first volume, the vampires are super fast and strong, shaking off shotgun shots to the face. In this one, the main character (who is now a super-hero) is kicking and punching them up, dodging around them despite them being faster. I know it's a horror comic, but I dislike the lack of internal consistency.
Lady Book Voodoo & Hoodoo Review

~** Lady-Journal /Zombie-Girl Give’s 5 Star’s**~

I was not even aware that they had the book prior to the movie! Although one has to admit to you that
This bone chilling horror movie surely did the book justice for sure!

In a sleepy, secluded Alaska town called Barrow, the sun sets and doesn't rise for over thirty consecutive days and nights. From the darkness, across the frozen wasteland, an evil will come that will bring the residents of Barrow to their knees. The only hope for the town is the...more
Subroto
Bloody Freaking Good - Niles is not as inexperienced as a writer as you thought he was when you read his earlier work 30 days of night (Vol 1).

Almost every critic alive has shouted at Niles for a great plot idea but a terrible story - starting and ending almost in a clap.

In this book - Niles experiments with his story telling there are at least 3 major events and build ups to the same.

The UV ray scene in the promotion hall is total kickass. I have not seen the movie - not do I wish to (in my mi...more
Slayermel
Dec 12, 2010 Slayermel rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who enjoyed 30 Days of night
I found this second instalment of the 3o Days of Night series much more interesting, better written and the Illustrations where much better as well.
It feels like more thought went into the continuation of the story.

In this instalment Stella is on the hunt to eradicate the Vampire species, Vengeance for killing her husband. She meets quite a few very interesting characters on the way. One of my favourites has to be Dane. I actually would have preferred if Stella pursued Dane, but then I guess we...more
John Wiswell
Sep 23, 2007 John Wiswell rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who can’t get enough vampires
So it turns out the superfluous sub-plot in the original 30 Days of Night was to setup one of the two protagonists in the sequel. If you aren’t insulted by putting up with a worthless story in the original so that you can make sense of it in the sequel, then this is fine. However, this volume also throws the helplessness, isolation and relatable characterizations out the window in favor of militant vampire-hunters and some scenes that strain disbelief worse than the entire first story combined (...more
Rade
The story was alright and the illustrations were good too, except at times some of the characters (the good ones) seemed to appear as if they turned because they stood in shadows. Also, I saw the ending coming from a mile away. It was very predictable to me.
Michaelbarbalich
i thought the book was verry interesting. the book was able to suprise me every step of the way i would definetly recomend this book and i look forward to reading more of this authors books.
Trey Conrad
Aug 18, 2012 Trey Conrad rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who have read the first book and plan on reading the third
This continues the original 30 Days of Night and supplies a relatively satisfying story. Templesmith art has improved a bit. The story is much more interesting than the first story which never really went beyond the initial concept. The deeper involvement with the characters enables the villains to be portrayed as the truly sadistic creatures that they are. With the first book they were simply cookie cutter villains slaughtering a town of innocents. This is different because they are killing cha...more
J-Lynn
Feb 02, 2008 J-Lynn rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: GN and horror fans, vampire lovers
While not as powerful as 30 Days of Night, Dark Days does an excellent job of capturing the depraved existence of both vampire and vampire hunter. After witnessing the destruction of her town and the death of her husband, Stella has set out to reap revenge on the vampire world. In the first few pages, readers get a clear picture of how much Stella has changed from the happy, small town deputy she once was.

The most intriguing part of the story is the apparently benevolent vampire, Dane, who swoo...more
Patrick Bruning
Good story, better art then the first volume, IMO. Lots of gore. Loved it.
Richard Wright
The continuation of the story very wisely leaves the one-trick location of Barrow, and makes for LA, where a survivor of the Barrow massacre attempts to open the world's eyes to the evil that walks the streets. The character work here is far better than the original, with revenge a recurring theme among both humans and vampires, and some nice twists and turns in the tale. Templesmith, as ever, is on fire, and the whole thing looks beautiful. It's a promising extension and development of the firs...more
Nenia
I loved 30 Days of Night, the movie, and hated the sequal.
30 Days of Night vol. 1 had me confused. I couldn't make up my mind about the art; did I love it, or did I not like it at all?
It bugged me throughout the first volume.

In vol. 2: Dark Days I started to really love the artwork. It's so different and expressional! The storyline in the second book is also way better than in the movie sequal, I don't even remember the movie sequal!All in all I enjoyed Dark Days.
Lucija Vojnovic
I read this comic book in one heartbeat; finished it a couple of minutes ago.
In my opinion it is much better than the first, mostly because main character becomes real. Someone you can belive in and someone you can be. Someone who makes mistakes and with one mistake this comic ends. Because of that cliffhanger I can't wait to read the third book.
I recommend it to all, even those who are not into horror comic books.
Samantha
Excellent. Yet again. I got a bit lost at the start with the plot jumping around all over the place a bit, but it seemed to right itself within a couple of pages so I'm not too fussed. The story was great, a little romance in there as well which I appreciated but was shocked by at the same time. The ending. Oh my god the ending. Let's just say I'm desperate for the next instalment.
Elizabeth
This is not the typical type of book I would read in terms of graphic novels, but it definitely caught my interest with all the vampire and violence drama. It was a nice getaway from the typical "Twilight" sparkly vampire scene. A good continuation from the previous novel, the ending was one that I had not really considered until I read the panel. Overall, I liked it and am anxious to read the next volume.
Jasmiina F
Our library hadb't marked that this was a second volume and that's why I've missed the first volume... But I didn't feel like I didn't understand anything because of it. I gave only two stars maybe because this comic is so dark and I'm having trouble finding a favorite character. Even though the characters are somewhat interesting. I'm not sure if I'm all that interested about reading the other volumes.
Bret Sarbieski
The second volume of 30 Days of Night focuses on the sheriff's wife Stella, and how she combats vampires in the aftermath of the vampire attack on her town. Just as with the first volume, this one also succeeds in delivering a great story with a unique art style that perfectly suits the story. I recommend that anyone who has read the first volume and liked it should definitely read the second volume.
Eric Wisdahl
The imagery is, once again, the real draw for this book. Bleak, Stark and haunting. The story in the book was much better than I was anticipating after having seen the crap that was the straight to video version of the same story. We follow along with Stella as she is trying to convince the world that vampires exist... to fight back. As one would expect, this provokes conflict.
Mark
Great continuation of the original story. Niles and Templesmith have twice as much space to work with (originally six monthly issues, where the original series was done in three issues), so the storytelling does not feel rushed. It's a much better read than the first, although someone new to the series would still want to start at the beginning to get the full picture.
verbava
непогана лячна штука. фінал нагадав "цвинтар для домашніх тварин", але тут, на відміну від кінга, є продовження.
Kristopher Kelly
The art still shines in this sequel to 30 Days of Night, but the story wanders away from the setting of the first and suffers for it. Taking the plot from Alaska to LA dilutes the sense of dread, and then there's the plot itself, which feels like a bad Buffy clone. So style and art are still great, but the story is really weak.
Jess
I cannot say enough amazing things about the art of Ben Templesmith. Every page blows me away, and I find myself studying each line. I love his gestural style. Dark Days was relatively well paced - better than the first volume - but it was slow to get going, and the ending was a litte meh. Still, great art work makes up for it!
  • 30 Days of Night, Vol. 8: Red Snow
  • 30 Days of Night, Vol. 6: Spreading the Disease
  • 30 Days of Night
  • Blackgas
  • Hellblazer: Rake at the Gates of Hell
  • Lovecraft
  • Daredevil: Love and War
  • Hellboy, Vol. 5: Conqueror Worm (Hellboy, #5)
  • The Dreamer
  • Hellblazer: Red Sepulchre
  • The Goon, Volume 3: Heaps of Ruination
  • I Feel Sick #2
STEVE NILES is one of the writers responsible for bringing horror comics back to prominence, and was recently named by Fangoria magazine as one of it's "13 rising talents who promise to keep us terrified for the next 25 years."

Niles is currently working for the four top American comic publishers - Marvel, DC, Image and Dark Horse. He got his start in the industry when he formed his own publishing...more
More about Steve Niles...
30 Days of Night, Vol. 1 30 Days of Night, Vol. 3: Return to Barrow I Am Legend Rumors of the Undead (30 Days of Night) Mystery Society