Start by marking “If the Shoe Fits” as Want to Read:
If the Shoe Fits

If the Shoe Fits

2.93  ·  Rating Details  ·  348 Ratings  ·  47 Reviews
Published January 1st 2007 by Making It (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about If the Shoe Fits, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If the Shoe Fits

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
Robin
Apr 08, 2011 Robin rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book! After the first few pages I thought it was going to be just another typical chick lit book, twenty-something heroine trying to focus on a career and find Mr. Right, though I'd had high hopes becasue I love Stephanie Rowe's Immortally Sexy series. My hopes were very well met, and the more I read the more I got into it. The writing is breezy and amusing, and while on the surface the description above does fit, underneath is a deep story (and this may be a bit of a spoiler so don ...more
Susan
Jan 22, 2015 Susan rated it it was ok
Run hard. Run fast. Just don't try to run in heels. Especially if your name is Paris Jackson and you're fashion-impaired. Designer labels and stilettos aren't exactly Paris's thing. Give her a pair of sneakers and she s a happy woman. That's why she's spending nights designing running shoes for her start-up company, and why she doesn't have time for an ex-husband on a therapy quest, a boyfriend who's changing all the rules, and a confusing attraction to the boss about to fire her from her day jo ...more
Burouj
Aug 08, 2011 Burouj rated it did not like it
If you want mindless reading - and I stress the word mindless -, it's an okay book. The book is quite simple = she's got a lot of problems and by the end of the book, they all magically go away! yay!
SW
Apr 29, 2011 SW rated it liked it
Heather
Meh...probably wouldn't have finished this except I was listening to the book and just kept going (its so hard for me to not finish a book!)

I wanted to like Paris and her friends but they all felt so fake and too mature (though there is plenty of immaturity) for being in their mid 20's.

Summary: Behind every successful woman Is the right pair of shoes. Run hard. Run fast. Just don't try to run in heels. Especially if your name is Paris Jackson and you're fashion-impaired. Designer labels and stil
Monkeyface
Jun 14, 2012 Monkeyface rated it liked it
Listened to If The Shoe Fits by Stephanie Rowe. Behind Every Successful Woman Is the Right Pair of Shoes. Run hard. Run fast. Just don't try to run in heels. Especially if your name is Paris Jackson and you're fashion-impaired. Designer labels and stilettos aren't exactly Paris's thing. Give her a pair of sneakers and she's a happy woman. That's why she's spending nights designing running shoes for her start-up company, and why she doesn't have time for an ex-husband on a therapy quest. A best f ...more
Christina
Aug 13, 2014 Christina rated it liked it
It was really good but there were some characters and incidents that just really frustrated me. And I wish she had written into the story Paris and Jodi talking after everything was all said and done. I feel like there wasn't quite closure yet between those two.
Guinevere
May 19, 2014 Guinevere rated it liked it
A both annoying and entertaining main character - I could see how this book could swing one way or another as far as likability for different readers. Still, it was something a bit different, for me at least, and it made me want to read more by Stephanie Rowe.
Annice22
Jul 14, 2011 Annice22 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book in less than a day because I just could not put it down. I had to know what was going to happen with JWP, Inc., whether Paris was every going to achieve her dreams and see her company succeed, and if all the people in her life truly had her best interest at heart.

I know that this is Chick-lit but there was a lot of real world experience that you can take away from this such as: trust your gut instinct, never give up on your dream but don't be afraid to make adjustment, learn to
CMac G
Nov 21, 2012 CMac G rated it did not like it
among the worst books ever. needs an editor. for example, I took a gulp of my wine. Our drinks arrived. Sparkling water for me. No wine, I needed a clear head for this night. huh? another example, talking on the phone... he says: dinner? I nod my head. huh? These could be forgivable if there was a decent plot or logic. if she says "i'm in" for a death wish adventure, why is she surprised when the trip becomes adventureous. (This is not a spolier.) I keep trying to give it chance but I'm going to ...more
Katie
Jan 03, 2016 Katie rated it really liked it
If the Shoe Fits is a fun-filled book about friendship, romance, and following your dreams. Very, very cheesy, but I loved every minute of it.
Sarah (Workaday Reads)
The story moved very slowly. I listened to more than I expected to, because I kept waiting for something to happen; for the story to start. It seemed to be mostly back story and filler. By the time the plot started, I had decided I hated the main character. She was shallow, whiny and annoying.

According to the summary, I didn't make it to a lot of the story. I never met her mom, or learned anything about high-fashion shoes. I did get a lot of whining about how Paris' start-up company was failing,
Jane Stewart
Sep 28, 2010 Jane Stewart rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
Didn't like the main character or the story.

This is definitely a chic-lit book. I prefer romance novels. The story is about a woman's stresses and indecisions over work, friends and lovers. I didn't admire or like her. Because of her dream job at night, she was doing a poor job at the bank and that bothered me. No integrity. She would make up sicknesses to get out of work at the bank. I wasn't drawn into the story or other characters that much, except for Will, one of her lovers. I didn't laugh.
Slone
Mar 11, 2009 Slone rated it did not like it
I found the main character kind of whiny, and backsliding, and indecisive. The "secret" was very guessable, although the author made it kind of a wacky stack: Yes, that happened, but this even more dramatic thing happened, too! (I didn't guess the topper.) And then climax kinda made me sick. Almost as though the author disliked her as much as I did and decided to try to kill her ... but couldn't quite go through with it. Frankly, I wish she had died. If I felt confident Paris would maintain her ...more
Erin
Sep 02, 2011 Erin rated it liked it
One of the last remaining books in my "loaner" pile. Not my preferred genre but it held my attention surprisingly well. I have about 50 more pages and I just want to choke some sense into the main character. She gets on my last nerve and this Jodi secret better be juicy. With that said, I'm pretty sure this is the last Stephanie Rowe book I'll read.

I'm done now. Still three stars and the big secret was pretty obvious. It was a decent read but since the main character was so annoying for so long
Erin
Mar 28, 2015 Erin rated it really liked it
This was a good women's fiction kind of book. One of those heartwarming and heartrending romances. There were some moments that I considered rather tangential to the main themes of the story, but they can be forgiven. Overall it was a fun, light read.
Rey Walker
May 23, 2014 Rey Walker rated it did not like it
Shelves: cotton-candy
Three words: Tee. Dee. Us.
Michelle
Feb 15, 2009 Michelle rated it really liked it
Shelves: bubble-gum
Wow! I'd given up on chick-lit for quite a while now. Maybe OD'd on it for a while there. But this was a great story. It may be Chick Lit and cover the same types of character issues, but I liked the characters an they were STONG not too girly or goofy, or dizzy, or "blonde". Strong independant women, taking chances and making decisions that cause them to feel nervous, afraid, and needing to rely on the faith of their friends to be brave enough to follow their own paths!
Amitha
May 06, 2009 Amitha rated it liked it
Fun, breezy chick lit, though at times I had to suspend my disbelief. She started a running shoe company without knowing anything about shoes? She didn't notice her boyfriend studying hard to get into med school despite the fact they spent so much time together? (and you don't take the GMATs to get into med school but I suppose I'll let that one go). And the end wrap-up chapter was a little...strange. But I enjoyed the story nonetheless.
Becky
Nov 02, 2009 Becky rated it really liked it
Shelves: girly-novel
This book was predictable, BUT ... it also had a decent plot that surrounded the love-story. There were a couple of points that the characters had to deal with life issues/questions that I have asked myself before. Was actually a pretty good book! I would read a second on the series if there was one! I will likely see what other books I can get of hers.
Ishanie
Dec 10, 2011 Ishanie rated it liked it
Shelves:
Let me first say that the main character, Paris, is an idiot. However, she's also funny and the book is easy to read. It holds your attention by keeping you guessing what's going to happen next. Not the best book ever when it comes to the characters but I enjoyed the writer's style. I could see this becoming one of those chick series on the CW.
Andrea
Nov 24, 2012 Andrea rated it liked it
Was not the best book. I like how it was written with a bit of attitude, like you were really in the head of the character. The book had a lot of boring parts, and parts where I felt very frustrated by way what going on. Like the ending, but I think it could have been better.
Amy
May 29, 2012 Amy rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012-books
Fun "girl book" that was a quick read. I was guessing who'd Paris would end with in the end, almost until it was revealed. Not a complicated read, nor one that makes you think, but sometimes it's nice to read something quick easy and light ;)
Dana Kenedy (Dana and the Books)
A really unbelievable novel with an unrealistic interpretation of life.

I hated the main character. She whined and relied on her friend and didn't have the ability to think for herself. Her friends were equally stupid aand self centred.
Elisabeth
Oct 01, 2008 Elisabeth rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2008
The books reads like the author never decided if it should be chick lit or a more serious look at the protagonist's career and the stages of grief, and as a result it doesn't really succeed at either one.
Juanita
May 01, 2012 Juanita rated it did not like it

Didn't like it gave it a fair chance but it never grabbed me. Also the audiobook version had a reader that just did not seem to me to go with the character.
Michelle
Feb 19, 2012 Michelle rated it did not like it
Shelves: michelle-books, 2012
I did not like this book. the characters lack strength and the story seemed like a convoluted whine-fest at the end. not something I would recommend wasting time on.
Thompson
Feb 20, 2009 Thompson rated it liked it
I read it on a beach trip..it was an okay, kind of mindless read. I agree with some other's who said it kind of took a long time to get to the point..
Feb 19, 2008 Laura rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Laura by: Traci A at work
Clearly I cannot go wrong with the chick lit. I absolutely loved this book! It was very well written and I am excited to read anything else by this author.
  • The Thing About Jane Spring
  • The Club
  • Desperate Marriages: Moving Toward Hope and Healing in Your Relationship
  • The Pink Ghetto
  • Ripple Effect (Time Thriller Trilogy, #1)
  • Those Who Walk in Darkness (Soledad O'Roark, #1)
  • Bewitched: In Too Deep\Married to the Boss
  • Coffee, Tea, the Gypsy & Me
  • Hanging by a Thread
  • Somebody Pick Up My Pieces
  • Didn't I Feed You Yesterday?: A Mother's Guide to Sanity in Stilettos
  • The Eleventh Commandment (Hallelujah Love #8)
  • Turn Left At Sanity
  • The Romancipation of Maggie Hunter
  • The Sex on the Beach Book Club
  • The Make-Up Girl
  • The Spy Who Loves Me
  • A November Bride (A Year of Weddings, #12)
19729
Hailed as a "paranormal star!" by J.R. Ward, four-time RITA Award nominee and Golden Heart Award winner Stephanie Rowe is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of more than forty-five novels. For more on Stephanie and her books, visit her at www.stephaneierowe.com, or on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/StephanieRow....

A life-long reader, she began crafting stories at age ten, b
More about Stephanie Rowe...