Start by marking “Santa Barbara Stories” as Want to Read:
Santa Barbara Stories

Santa Barbara Stories

In his introduction to Santa Barbara Stories, editor Steven Gilbar quotes Kenneth Rexroths description of Santa Barbara as a writers paradise where even food, sex, and shelter and mild intoxicants are abundant and can be had practically for the asking. But the 13 diverse authors included here--among them, Wallace Stegner, Ross Macdonald, John Sayles and T.C. ...more
Published February 25th 2015 by Daniel & Daniel Publishers (first published September 30th 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Santa Barbara Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Santa Barbara Stories

Brian
Nov 26, 2013 Brian rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Ass Barareños
Shelves: fiction
What a wonderful book! All stories take place in or near Santa Barbara and are written by authors who lived in Santa Barbara. T C Boyle wrote a heart-stopping story about a marathon. John M Daniel wrote a brilliant story about the Painted Cave Fire in 1991 (my first experience of fires in Santa Barbara). John Sayles wrote about our annual Old Spanish Days from a Latino perspective. I loved reading about places I've been.
Walter
Feb 19, 2009 Walter rated it liked it
I’m not big on running gamuts.
More of a walker.
But this book is one worth running: Wallace Stegner, Nicholson Baker, John Sayles, Ross Macdonald Margaret Millar, Salvatore LaPuma, and T. Coraghessan Boyle.
Jeremiah
Sep 19, 2008 Jeremiah rated it it was ok
This collection is unbalanced and overall weak with the exception of a few interesting stories (T.C. Boyle's She Wasn't Soft and John Sayles' Old Spanish Days) and one I liked bestest: From Out There.
Robert
Robert rated it it was amazing
Nov 27, 2011
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Sep 07, 2012
Angela Zhang
Angela Zhang rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2016
Joseph Bunting
Joseph Bunting rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2011
Kostis Protopapas
Kostis Protopapas rated it liked it
Sep 03, 2016
Trish Gray
Trish Gray rated it liked it
Jan 23, 2013
Jenna
Jenna marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2009
Lisa
Lisa added it
Jan 27, 2009
Lori
Lori marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
Ann
Ann marked it as to-read
May 10, 2015