Start by marking “King's Million-Dollar Secret (Kings of California, #8)” as Want to Read:
King's Million-Dollar Secret (Kings of California, #8)

King's Million-Dollar Secret (Kings of California #8)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  192 ratings  ·  15 reviews
As penance for losing a bet, Rafe King had promised to work one job as an everyday carpenter. And that's when he hit the jackpot—an introduction to Katie Charles. With every word, every touch, the sweet, sexy lady made Rafe feel like more than the cold-hearted tycoon he was reputed to be.

There was only one problem: Katie despised all wealthy men, especially those in the Ki
Paperback, Harlequin Desire, No 2083, 185 pages
Published May 3rd 2011 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about King's Million-Dollar Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about King's Million-Dollar Secret

Saly
King's Million Dollar Secret was predictable. The hero Rafe is a rich billionaire who owns a construction company with three of his brothers. He loses a bet and goes to work as an employee on a kitchen job. Of course he doesn't tell anyone his surname and oh he has an ex and issues with how she was raised, his mother only had him for money.
There he meets Katie the client, who he is attracted to but as it turns out Katie doesn't like King's because one of the King men was a jerk to her and there
Emily
Katie Charles has bitten off a little more than she can swallow, deciding to renovate her kitchen she is prepared for the mess and noise, but completely unprepared for one of the workers who looks at her as if he wants to devour her.

Rafe King always keeps his word, and losing a bet where he has to help out on a project as a carpenter is his next obligation. Rafe wonders if he could get any luckier when he meets the owner of the house, Katie. When she explains why she chose King Construction, al
Loretta
charming... a bet goes awry when this King falls in love for the first time!
Cynthia (aka Artemis)
Jun 23, 2011 Cynthia (aka Artemis) rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: In the mood for a quick romantic read
This is the only one in the Kings of California series that I've read. I knew what I was getting when I purchased this book and I wasn't disappointed. When I am looking for a quick romantic read that I don't have to invest a lot of time or emotion in, I like to read Harlequin.

Yes, the storyline (secret identity) is one that has been told many times, but haven't they all in one form or another. What I liked the most about this story is how the H/h develop. They finally let down their respective
Kaycee Sapinoso
As usual another wonderful story from Maureen Child. Great story. Wonderful Characters.

Rafe King the sexy blue-eyed carpenter who owned the King Construction. After losing a bet, he pretended to be a regular guy and worked as a carpenter. He was doing fine until he met Katie. She made him feel things he didn't want to feel. Then he learned that she doesn't like rich men specifically King men. So he planned to romance her, seduce her and prove her wrong about the King men.

Katie Charles the Kookie
Donna
I never expect these series Harlequins to be 5 stars, but this one even fell short of my already lowered expectations. The plot was too formula and predictable to be very engaging. I didn't connect with Katie at all. Her "poor me" moaning was just irritiating. Rafe was more likeable; he was exactly as expected. And the end with Katie abruptly reconciling with Rafe was not in the least bit credible!!
Mzpastrychef
This is one story I have been waiting to read and I was not disappointed.. This is Rafe Kings Story... Rafe posed as a regular carpenter and happens to fall for the owner of the house he is working on.. He decides not to let her know of his true identity because she HATES the Kings.. You will enjoy this story......
Ladyacct
I expect more from this author, however the heroine was just a tad too whiny for me, I felt more for the hero in this story which I think (his family situation) in future books could use a bit more information on.
Lauri
Not as good as some of Maureen Child's other books. Quick nice read, but really nothing interesting about the story.
Kristina
Im a huge fan of Harlequins quick reads. But this story was very predictable and I had to force myself to finish it.
rey
3 stars

As usual, it was a good read.
Harlequin Books
Apr 22, 2013 Laura rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013
Cute read
Nic Hag
Nic Hag marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Melody Salerno
Melody Salerno marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Lou Weber
Lou Weber marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Jenn Allen
Jenn Allen marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Megan Jackson
Megan Jackson marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Kathy
Kathy added it
Nov 21, 2014
T. Martin
T. Martin marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Kimi
Kimi marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Nissa
Nissa added it
Oct 23, 2014
  • Dante's Honor-Bound Husband (The Dante Legacy #8)
  • Billionaire's Jet Set Babies
  • On the Verge of I Do (Dynasties: The Kincaids #4)
  • What Happens in Charleston... (Dynasties: The Kincaids #2)
  • Claiming His Royal Heir
  • One Night with Prince Charming (Aristocratic Grooms, #2)
  • A Win-Win Proposition
  • Revealed: His Secret Child (The Takeover #3)
  • His Ring, Her Baby
  • Carrying the Rancher's Heir
USA Today best selling author Maureen Child is the author of more than ninety romance novels and novellas. Maureen is a five time nominee for the prestigious Rita award from Romance Writers of America.
One of her novels, A Pocketful Of Paradise, was made into a CBS-TV movie called The Soul Collector, starring Melissa Gilbert, Bruce Greenwood and Ossie Davis.
Over the years, she’s written under lot
More about Maureen Child...
Baby Bonanza Bargaining for King's Baby (Kings of California, #1) Wedding at King's Convenience (Kings of California, #6) Beauty and the Best Man (Dynasties: The Lassiters) Bedeviled (Queen of the Otherworld, #1)