Start by marking “Memories of Midnight” as Want to Read:
Memories of Midnight

Memories of Midnight (Midnight #2)

3.68  ·  Rating Details ·  14,755 Ratings  ·  347 Reviews
In THE OTHER SIDE OF MIDNIGHT, they played the ultimate game of love, lust, and death.

Now, in MEMORIES OF MIDNIGHT, the survivors meet to play one last time...

Shadowed by tragedy and burdened by amnesia, a beautiful woman desperately tries to return to reality. She is Catherine Douglas, destined to once again challenge the cruel, charismatic power of Constantin Demiris, th
Published October 1st 1991 by Warner Books (first published 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Memories of Midnight, please sign up.

Recent Questions

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Pooja
May 14, 2016 Pooja rated it really liked it
Big Confession : I have not read the first part of this series The Other Side of The Midnight.
I didn't know about it.

However, Sidney Sheldon doesn't fail to give a brief introduction to every character.
See, I didn't even realize it is the second part. Didn't touch my mind. So it's okay.
but I'll say that if you want to appreciate this book more then you must go for the first part first!
Jeremy Bates
Jun 27, 2012 Jeremy Bates rated it it was amazing
Memories of Midnight (1990) is a sequel to The Other Side of Midnight (1973), what many people consider to be one of his best novels. Memories, however, holds its own mixing revenge, greed, justice, and romance.

I think it's a sign of a good book if, after some ten odd years, you can read it again and remember nearly all of the characters. That's what this one was like for me.

Demiris, the vengeful Greek billionaire; Chotas, the brilliant lawyer; and Catherine, the amnesic who just wants to fall i
Anushka
What a painful read this has been!
Everything from the plot to the writing was utterly banal. This book didn't manage to quirk my interest at any point. The whole thing to me seemed blatantly stupid, to be honest.
Characters, along with being hackneyed were also completely unrealistic. Especially, Constantin Dimires who was most ludicrous of all.
I've read 2 Sidney Sheldon books before this and one thing that I've found to be consistent in his novels is the dreadful writing. The language, as alway
Deep Shikha
Aug 08, 2012 Deep Shikha rated it it was ok
it’s just me or what…That Demiris character from first book of @the otherside of the midnight'; is completely metamorphosed from being a powerful intelligent strategy billionaire to criminal and altogether evil… In this sequel?? urgh..and Madam Catherine alexander as usual cry baby...not sure if m liking this sequel...the first book was way better.
Hind
Jan 31, 2012 Hind rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
يمكنني ان اقول عنها ممتعة رغم انها ليست بروعة كتابات سيدني
Heena Rathore P.
Jun 01, 2014 Heena Rathore P. rated it it was amazing
Memories is a brilliant novel that keeps the juices of one’s mind flowing. It’s an ultimate page-turner. I love Sidney Sheldon’s books but this one is one of his best books. No matter how old the books are, or infact how many times you read them, they really keep you engaged!

This book is the sequel to The Other Side Of Midnight and rotates about Catherine (Larry Douglas’s wife). At the end of the first book she lost her memory and in this book, around a year later, she starts to regain it bit by
Heena Rathore P.
May 28, 2014 Heena Rathore P. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2014
Benjamin Thomas
Jun 11, 2012 Benjamin Thomas rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller
This is the sequel to The Other Side of Midnight and a worthy sequel all round. While the first was published in 1973, it wasn't until 1990 that this sequel was published. And since the first could have easily stood alone, I feel sure the author bowed to reader and publisher demand to provide a follow-up. Often that scenario ends in disaster for the second book but that's not the case here.

This is basically a book of double-crossing. I mean everybody double and triple crosses everybody else in t
Elizabeta
Not quite as the first one, but still enjoyable. It seems that each character we meet, we get their back story, which was unnecessary. I wished there was a little more complexity as in the first book.
Azzahro Wijaya
Jun 02, 2011 Azzahro Wijaya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sidney-sheldon
Saya salut sama Sidney Sheldon. Saya salut sama Constantin Demiris. Setiap kali membaca novel karya Sidney Sheldon, saya selalu "ditipu" dengan berbagai cara. di Novel ini Demiris yang tengah dipermainkan oleh rivalnya yang berusaha menjatuhkannya, bersikap seolah-olah ia akan kalah. Namun pada akhirnya ia berhasil memenangkan pertandingan sengit kepada rival-rivalnya.

Noel Page yang berhasil dibunuhnya seakan-akan bangkit dari kubur untuk membalas dendam kepada Constantin Demiris, namun Costa t
Anish
Jan 25, 2016 Anish rated it liked it
I had no idea that this book had a prequel until I finished it. This worked pretty much well as a standalone as well. This is my second Sheldon book after Doomsday Conspiracy so I naturally had my expectations high. The first few chapters were intriguing but Catherine Alexander was annoying as she did not have the least interest to know about her past but too desperate for sex. Constantin Demiris was great as the egoistic and arrogant billionaire who wore a charming face as a mask. Other charact ...more
Crystal
Apr 05, 2012 Crystal rated it liked it
Catherine is back and still crying like a baby and dying to fall in love! UGH! Hate that part of the story..

Besides that... This one was entertaining but not as good as the other one.

Demiris is back and ready to hunt down and kill everyone that pisses him off.. This time trying to cover his tracks.

Melina.. she kept me reading it. She was so determined and I like determination. I wanted to find out what she was going to do about her husband, after everything he put her through! and what she did
Sherina
Oct 11, 2011 Sherina rated it liked it
Tip for anybody wanting to read this book... YOU HAVE TO READ PART ONE FIRST!!! PART ONE IS OTHER SIDE OF MIDNIGHT. YOU NEED TO READ THAT BOOK TO UNDERSTAND THIS. both of them are GREAT!
people dont like this book because they have not read other side of midnight. both books are outstanding and are a must read for any mystery lover. I was thoroughly gripped by this book.
However... i will give this book a lower rating only because throughout the book Catherine is getting serious with guys she does
Asma
Apr 12, 2013 Asma rated it it was ok
Destroyed the glamour of the first book - The Other Side of Midnight- i felt like its not the same writer !! or maybe when he wrote it he was drunk . i wish i didn't know that there is a sequel.I really regret reading it! the previous book was my favorite and this book was disappointment I was expecting something Completely different.
Christa
May 11, 2010 Christa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was ok. some of the characters were so stereotypical it made you cringe. This can be read in short chunks of time, which is nice if you only have a few minutes at a time to read. I don't know if I would bother to read another of his books, unless I was really bored. I recommend it to any one that wants to kill time and not have to think too hard.
Ahmad Sharabiani
Memories of Midnight, Sidney Sheldon
عنوان: خاطرات نیمه شب؛ نویسنده: سیدنی شلدون؛ مترجم: کاوه رحیمیان؛ مشخصات نشر: تهران، درسا، 1376، در 468 ص، شابک: 9646104118 موضوع: داستانهای نویسندگان آمریکایی قرن 20 م
Lucas
Mar 04, 2009 Lucas rated it it was amazing
wow.... i never imagined such a perfect ending. it was great i mean words cant describe it.
Aslı Dağlı
Dec 30, 2014 Aslı Dağlı rated it did not like it
Bir ara yanlışlıkla elime almıştım... Çığlık atarak bıraktım!
Σπυροπούλου Άσπα
Aπλά μοναδικός!!
Balaji Murugan
Apr 24, 2017 Balaji Murugan rated it it was amazing
I was not able to put it down. I never thought of what would happen to the charecters after the end of the first book. The story was fast paced, and it is a real page Turner. Have to admit, Sidney Sheldon's is one of the best thrillers that I have read recently.
Crystal
Jul 04, 2014 Crystal rated it really liked it
Shelves: best
I guess this book is as adrenaline-pumping-suspenseful as Sidney Sheldon can get. Try it guys! Trust me, you'll keep thinking throughout the entire read - "Is he the killer, is she the culprit? Is she really gonna do this?! Nah! She hasn't got the balls for that! Meh." Next thing you know, the utterly unexpected happens, leaving ur mind totally blown! :D

Either like this

Or... like that!
description

*sniff* :,,,,( U know? After Melina's demise I was crying like anything. Damn these tragic twists!

Plus point
Pete Allen
Mar 12, 2016 Pete Allen rated it it was ok
So, if anyone figures out that Catherine is alive and not murdered Demiris' whole house of cards come tumbling down. As she regains her memory in that convent where he has immured her he starts to get nervous. So naturally, his strategy to prevent anyone from finding out Catherine isn't quite as dead as generally thought is to a) bring her to his home where everyone, from his estranged wife to the gardener would (or should) recognize her, b) give her a high-profile job (under a fake name--that'l ...more
Kimberly Hicks
Feb 11, 2013 Kimberly Hicks rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Kimberly by: Goodreads
Shelves: read-on-kindle
Well, for many years I often wondered what Memories of Midnight would be about, and after having read it, I'm happy to say, it was the perfect ending to an outstanding story.

This novel focused on Catherine Alexander, the character we first met in The Other Side of Midnight. And you will learn more about the great Constantin Demiris. In fact, had it not been for dear old Costa, we wouldn't have had much of a novel.

I felt Sidney did a great job summing up the characters I grew to love in the first
Ola
Nov 24, 2015 Ola rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
الثري اليوناني الذي تجرع مرارة العيش في طفولته مع والده الحمّال أصبح جبروتا لاينسى أن يفتّك بكل من يعادّيه أو يضّر بمصالحه.
يشارك في جرائم راح ضحيتها عدد كبير من الناس بسبب الحقد والانتقام الأسود الذميم الذي يغزو قلبّه ولا يستطيع التخلص منه
وتبقى له الأنثى كاترين الذي يحاول التخلص منها مثل الاشخاص السابقين حيث كاترين مختلفة عن الجميع فهي المرأة التي عانت ويلات الحب وفقدان الذاكرة وصعوبة العيش في بلد غريب عنها
فتبدا القصة المنطوية على عدد من الاشخاص
لماذا نجمة واحدة لهذا العمل؟!
أحب الروايات البول
Zézinha Rosado
Oct 19, 2013 Zézinha Rosado rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lido-e-trocado
Por norma não costumo ler livros cuja história já tenha tido início num volume anterior, como é o caso deste, mas esta é daquelas obras que estão tão bem escritas que se torna desnecessário ler o livro anterior, pois o autor facilmente consegue colocar-nos a par dos acontecimentos anteriores.
Há bastante tempo que não lia um livro tão intrigante e carregado de suspense, ao ponto de quase nos fazer roer as unhas e ansiar pelo próximo capítulo.
Uma escrita com um bom desenvolvimento, as personagens
Sruthi
Jul 10, 2016 Sruthi rated it really liked it
It was an ok read. Nothing compared to the brilliance of the man I am used to.

To begin with, the story started very slowly with too much of background information about every single character even those that were completely unimportant.

As it went on, it picked up pace but was pretty predictable (a trait I sometimes do not enjoy in a book).

The storyline has no depth unfortunately but his style of writing and way with words is as amazing as ever.
Jeanne
Nov 27, 2015 Jeanne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My first Sidney Sheldon . . . and probably NOT my last! I really liked this story, although I did find the beginning a bit confusing getting all the main characters straight. The story unfolded nicely and I absolutely loved the ending! I so enjoy when strong women make sure the men who wronged them are served their justice. 9 out of 10.
Darlene Quinn
Nov 22, 2014 Darlene Quinn rated it really liked it
Loved this book. Sheldon's ability to make the characters pop of the page is strong. He was one of my favorite authors and will continue to be missed by many avid readers. However, he made an error in the ending trial outcome, even by his own interpretation of Greek law.
Hodan A
Aug 11, 2011 Hodan A rated it liked it
while this book is a sequel to the Other Side of midnight. It failed to be as exciting as the first. I cant put my finger on what is wrong with this story is it that all the characters seem to be not themselves, or is it that was only a wrapping up of the previous. Not my favorite!
Justin Roberts
Dec 16, 2016 Justin Roberts rated it it was amazing
One of my favourite Sheldon books. I really love the ending!
  • First Among Equals
  • Landslide
  • A Rose for Virtue
  • Godplayer
  • Random Hearts
Sidney Sheldon (1917-2007) was an American writer who won awards in three careers—a Broadway playwright, a Hollywood TV and movie screenwriter, and a best-selling novelist.

His TV works spanned a twenty-year period during which he created I Dream of Jeannie (1965-70), Hart to Hart (1979-84), and The Patty Duke Show (1963-66), but it was not until after he turned 50 and began writing best-selling no
More about Sidney Sheldon...

Midnight (2 books)
  • The Other Side of Midnight (Midnight #1)

“Coleridge wrote, "Dreams are no shadows, but the very substances and calamities of my life.” 30 likes
“Surely you’ve been sent from the heavens to teach us mortals what beauty is.” 24 likes