Start by marking “Demon Diary, Volume 05” as Want to Read:
Demon Diary, Volume 05

Demon Diary, Volume 05 (Demon Diary #5)

Be Careful What You Wish For...

Despite his best efforts, young Raenef the Fifth can't help but embarrass his tutor, Eclipse, time and time again. Still training to become a Demon Lord, Raenef's friendly and loving nature makes Raenef look bad...and Eclipse look even worse. Fed up with his failures, Raenef does what he once considered unthinkable...and actually tries to stu
Published January 2004 by TokyoPop

To ask other readers questions about Demon Diary, Volume 05, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Demon Diary, Volume 05

Leila Anani
This is the turning point volume where Demon Diary becomes weird and in my opinion loses its appeal with an incomprehensible plot.

At the end of the last volume a book turned Raenef evil. I had high hopes for that storyline but it fizzles out early in this volume when Raenef IV (supposedly back from the dead) banishes the book and reverts Raenef back to normal - so nothing happens with his evilness.

We learn how Raenef IV was cursed during the great war with heaven's creatures and died 3,500 years
Rain Misoa
Jun 03, 2011 Rain Misoa rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE! Fantasy lovers, magic, lovers, and shoune-ai lovers!
Recommended to Rain by: Ad on Barnes & Noble
Shelves: manga, lgbtqiap
Wah! It's almost done. So close to the end. Just two more and then this wonderful story will come to an end! *Blubbers* I don't want it to end! Why is this series so short!? It's not fair! *Flails* Just when it's really getting interesting. In this volume the story went supernova on the reader. It keeps getting more interesting as we see more of what's happened in the past and what's to come in the future! I am so hooked to this series right now!

Lee Yun Hee! Why do you torment me with this manga
Michelle (In Libris Veritas)
Mar 07, 2017 Michelle (In Libris Veritas) rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, 2017
This was an odd one. The fun element was sort of lost a bit due to some really odd plot points involving time travel, hopefully the next one will pick a bit more.
Robert Beveridge
Yun-hee Lee, Demon Diary, vol. 5 (Tokyopop, 2000)

Raenef IV is back, and he seems to know how to get Raenef's personality back from the devious book. But what will be the price of his assistance? Demon Diary remains a great deal of fun, even if it's been somewhat doctored for American audiences (judging by all reports, anyhow). The series is winding to a close, but remains strong. ****

Jenny
Apr 18, 2008 Jenny rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Comic Fans
ok, these have completely sucked me in. the story is really good and the characters are very interesting. i guess after you read a lot of manga, you start to see how the authors think and write, so it's nice to be a newcomer and just be totally surprised by what happens next.
Kati
Sep 13, 2013 Kati rated it liked it
Kiris and Erutis' bickering is starting to grate. At first, it was funny but now that the main story is finally on, their childish banter just doesn't fit the seriousness of the situation and it's causing the story to drag.
Kristina
Jan 12, 2016 Kristina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Drama! We finally begin to understand what happened to Raenef IV and what will happen to Raenef V and it doesn't look good. I love the way nothing is ever quite what it first appears in this story. You never know what to expect next.
Nancy
Dec 17, 2009 Nancy rated it it was amazing
Fifth book of Demon Diaries. The spirit of Eclipse's previous demon lord comes to visit his present reincarnation and servent. What will happen?
Susan
Aug 19, 2009 Susan rated it liked it
The stupid hat makes the cover! Awesome! +1 star!

This dumb curse comes into play and ruins the rest of the series. -1 star
Adam
Jan 27, 2010 Adam rated it really liked it
Probably the best in the series so far!
Roni
Jul 20, 2015 Roni rated it really liked it
I found this one to be rather amusing. I quite liked evil Raenef. It's how I imagine he's supposed to act as a demon lord.
Destiny
Aug 24, 2014 Destiny rated it really liked it
Love the series. Cute characters!
Millie
Millie rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2013
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Feb 24, 2014
Ai Eater no Kuroyake
Ai Eater no Kuroyake rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2015
Ghost Helwig
Ghost Helwig rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2010
Heidi
Heidi rated it it was amazing
Apr 19, 2009
Anthyq
Anthyq rated it liked it
Jul 20, 2012
Rachael
Rachael rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2008
Aurélia Kerg
Aurélia Kerg rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2015
Gemma
Gemma rated it it was amazing
Oct 15, 2015
Deirdre
Deirdre rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2014
June Junebug
June Junebug rated it really liked it
Sep 13, 2009
Leosharkie
Leosharkie rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2013
Barbora
Barbora rated it it was ok
Oct 21, 2011
Annie
Annie rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2015
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2013
Mary
Mary rated it liked it
Sep 08, 2015
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2013
Rei
Rei rated it liked it
Jun 20, 2014
  • Eerie Queerie!, Volume 3 (Eerie Queerie!, #3)
  • Fake, Volume 07
  • Pet Shop of Horrors, Volume 07 (Pet Shop of Horrors, #7)
  • Juvenile Orion, Volume 2
  • Legal Drug, Volume 03
  • Vampire Game, Vol. 2 (Vampire Game, #2)
  • Kill Me, Kiss Me Volume 2 (Kill Me, Kiss Me, #2)
"Kara" is two illustrators: Yoon-Gyeong Kim and Eun-Sook Jeong.

Not to be confused with French author Philip Kara who uses the same pseudonyme.
More about Kara...