Start by marking “Hunting the American Werewolf: Beast Men in Wisconsin and Beyond” as Want to Read:
Hunting the American Werewolf: Beast Men in Wisconsin and Beyond

Hunting the American Werewolf: Beast Men in Wisconsin and Beyond

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  4 reviews
He's out there? a malevolent beast with the head of a wolf?walking upright like a man Don?t believe it? How do you explain dozens of verified sightings throughout Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, and nationwide? In this fascinating book, best-selling author and award-winning journalist Linda Godfrey continues the hunt she began in The Beast of Bray Road. With only her invest ...more
Published March 1st 2006 by Trails Books

To ask other readers questions about Hunting the American Werewolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hunting the American Werewolf

Godfrey's further adventures of werewolf exploration in eastern US. I have an admiration for this woman. She still goes forth with an open mind and no matter how outrageous the stories she hears, she treats everyone with respect.
I'm a tremendous werewolf fan (currently wearing a shirt stating 'Don't mind me, it's just that time of the month' over a werewolf silhouetted against the moon) so it would be hard for me not to get a kick out of this book.

There are some incredible tales, one in particular where I feel the werewolf in question would be embarrassed to be so stereotyped - running across a road in Canada, fitted out in shredded jeans and flannel shirt, wolfish head caught in the headlights, sheesh. Most are hard to
Amber Decker
Godfrey sits upon the fence of healthy skepticism while investigating the legend of the American werewolf. She documents sightings, takes names, and digs deeply inside the caverns of a vast mythology of the unexplained to get answers. But ultimately finds only more questions.

An excellent book for the cryptozoologist in us all. Though...not a book to read while at home alone in the middle of the night. Especially not if you live out in the I do.
Interesting book in the mode of "The Beast of Bray Road">
Jeremy Johnston
Jeremy Johnston is currently reading it
Aug 10, 2015
Algene Hampton
Algene Hampton marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2015
Paleo marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
Paula O'Connor
Paula O'Connor marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2015
Alëna Citrus
Alëna Citrus marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Lee marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Shaun added it
Mar 31, 2015
Scot marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Bruno Inácio
Bruno Inácio marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
RUBEN VILLALPANDO marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Chelsea marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Stephen Dedman
Stephen Dedman marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014