Start by marking “The Strongest Shape” as Want to Read:
The Strongest Shape

The Strongest Shape

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  762 ratings  ·  95 reviews
After his boyfriend breaks up with him, fashion photographer Caleb Moss finds himself alone in Los Angeles looking for work and friends. He finds both in a group of aspiring musicians, who offer help through their connections. But while building a strong friendship with Scott and Chris, a startling sexual tension flares to life among the three men, and Caleb is afraid the ...more
Published December 21st 2009 by Dreamspinner Press (first published November 5th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Strongest Shape, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Strongest Shape

Mandy*reads obsessively*
13 April 2013
I am having trouble waiting patiently for my LHNB story by Lexi Ander so to help me get through what feels like months of waiting, well actually it is months of waiting, I'm rereading this favorite to get in the ménage frame of mind.
Finished, and yes, totally worth a reread, still love it! I'm sure to come back to this one again!

Review from 5 Nov 2012
4.5*
This book totally worked for me, I devoured it!
I'm not even sure why, except I do like well done m/m/m stories and this one is
Vio
I am going to be the killjoy over this one, sorry Mandy I didn't love it like you did. For starters too much sex, I have read a lot of books and sometimes the sex just fits the story and I can go along with it without suffering too much. I need to be honest here, I was bored the sex between Caleb, Scott and Chris never had me feeling anything other than detached, at times their encounters were a drag and went on forever, I just couldn't get into the groove of this threesome. I didn't like Chris ...more
Loederkoningin
3 handsome men + Nonstop sexing = Utterly boring

I've never been fabulously talented at math, but I do know this: there's something off about the result of the sum above.

An adorable picture to cheer myself up...*takes deep breath*...

I made it 3/4th through this book before I called it quits. Since it took me ages to get into The Strongest Shape in the first place, I feel vaguely defeated. Why the author thought it would be a good idea to opt for the present tense narrative, I have no idea. I like
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
I'll go with 3.5 stars here. A nice story but it didn't wow me like it did most of my GR friends. Sorry guys!! :(

I'll start with the fact that I'm not crazy about menages in general, but I really loved Fun with Dick and Shane so I figured I would give a true m/m/m book a go.

My initial reaction to the writing style was what the heck is going on here? I felt like how the guys got together was so weirdly brought about. I didn't even feel like they liked each other before that initial sex scenes w
Macky ~ Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews
I admit it it, I'm partial to a m/m/m ménage book so when two of my good friends told me this was a great one I did what I always do... I bought it there and then! I kept meaning to read it but some other book of the moment would worm its way ahead of it and it sort of disappeared into the hundreds of TBR's that I've accumulated on my Kindle ( methinks I have a bit of a problem with impulse buying ... But that's something to ponder on another day! )

Anyway... I finally decided today that I would
JenMcJ
I think this book starts off marching to a different beat. I want to say it's written in past present tense but that would imply I remember anything from my English classes and that is sadly not true. Whatever you would call it (and I am sure y'all that are reading it can correct me when you are done) it starts off strangely. Like Caleb is telling you the story a few minutes after it happens. For the first few chapters this was very distracting to me.

As the book moves farther along it begins to
Heller
3.5

I liked this quite a bit but it had the oddest narrative style that just threw me. I didn't really feel connected to anyone of the players here but I did like them and I liked their story. Great chemistry and a solid storyline but distancing in the actual telling of it which made it hard for to root for them. I could see the relationship working for them on a long term basis though. It was a lot different from any of the other menages I've read.

Still it was interesting and sexy even if I did
Jenre
I nearly didn’t read this book. I saw that the book was a m/m/m which is a storyline I find difficult to resist, but as I knew nothing about the author I decided to read the extract before making up my mind. My heart sank when I started reading and realised that the book is written in the present tense which is very difficult to write well and can be quite distracting. There was also an awful lot of info-dump in those first few paragraphs, so I regretfully decided that I probably wouldn’t bother ...more
Katharina
I absolutely loved this book!! Loved it very very very much.

First of all, I like books written in the present tense if the author knows what he's doing. And Tessa Cardenas definitely knows what she's doing. It makes it somehow more intense for me, as if I'm right there in this instant watching it all happen. It's a special way to write and quite unusual and if it's done right, it's absolutely perfect for books that are quiet and serious and intense to begin with.

I think this was one important
~Lei ~  Reading Is An Adventure ~
I had never heard of this gem until Jacqueline mentioned it in my Lending Group and I had to borrow it right away.

Wow! This is a little different setup than most menages where each person builds a couple sexual relationship with each other and are also a trio. Caleb, Chris and Scott have a different sexual relationship where once they've decided to embark on this adventure, they only consummate when it's the three of them, together in the same room. They do build separate relationships, just no
The Strongest Shape by Tessa Cárdenas is one of the best ménage books I’ve read in ages. No one felt like that odd one out and the boys truly worked together to make their relationship work – with much angst of course!! The secondary characters were well written and while the world building was reasonably strong, it was the interactions between the 3 that held my attention. Honesty, there is nothing better than well written ménage, where all characters feel like they’ve a part to play, as oppose ...more
KatieMc
Jul 21, 2014 KatieMc rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ménage and geometry fans
Shelves: ménage
Ho hum, 2.5 generously rounded up to 3. Easy going read with 3 guys navigating the logistics of a ménage relationship. It's kind of fun to see how it comes about. And it's kind of fun to see who they reveal themselves to as a "group". There were two plot points that I thought did not serve the book well, but made for some interesting thoughts.

Caleb, the junior partner in the group feels insecure because he has to go on an out of town work assignment. That seems reasonable, he doesn't quite know
Kassa
I’m always surprised by the variety in reader reactions. This particular offering has garnered decent, if lukewarm reviews and it’s a ménage, which is a difficult trick to pull off successfully. Yet I have to say I adored this gem of a story, so much that I actually re-read the book a few days later. There are some significant flaws that may not be to all readers’ taste but the men are engaging and mostly well drawn while the emotion in the relationship is without doubt. There are a lot of sex s ...more
Nichole (Dirty H)
I find menage books fascinating. I don't mean books where there is scene after scene of kinky three-way sex. They may or may not contain that, but what fascinates me is reading about the psychological, emotional and logistical negotiation of a true, committed three-way relationship. How does that work? I've only read a small handful of books that fit that sub-genre but I am endlessly fascinated by it and want to read more.

The Strongest Shape was really good, although I did feel like the last thi
Lily
"This is a wonderfully entertaining book that is very well written with characters that are engaging and interesting. I really liked the development of the relationship and this book will go on my keeper shelf. Bottom line this is a story about falling in love and making a relationship work."

My complete review is posted at Rainbow Reviews.
Natalie
I just could not get into this story. The narrative style felt cold and a bit distant, and I didn't get how or why I was supposed to care about these characters. I don't mind menages at all, but the author really needs to make me believe it.
Jimmy Hanson
This is a book to be read, probably just to say you've read it. I've read many other threesome novels that portray the beginning, middle, and settling of a relationship between them all that draws you in a great deal more and ties them together indefinitely ["911" by Chris Owen and "Starting Over" by Annmarie McKenna:].

There was very little description, and very little in way of developing the characters. We can associate with the characters in short snippets - a sentence or two at a time and th
Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!)
4.5 Stars for me!!

I've only read a handful of m/m/m books but this one seemed more 'real' than the others. (Not that the others I read were not good...they were just good in a different way)

A Triangle....is the strongest shape. Or so they say and in this case they would be right. Bringing Caleb into Scott & Chris's relationship balances everything out, however they didn't do it just to 'fix' what they already had. They ALL wanted something better that they could find with the 3 of them.

Th
Bev
Couldn't get into this one I'm afraid. Totally agree with Loederkoningen's (Kat) review. A generous 2.5 stars
WickedVerbatim
I wanted to like it, but I couldn't find myself liking some of the characters and, while I think there are instances when poly-amorous relationships can work, I wasn't buying it in this instance.

Scott and Chris have been in an on-again, off-again cycle. Scott meets Caleb and they become genuine friends. Chris eventually meets Caleb and as the 3 of them start hanging out, hormones start flying.

Scott is unbelievingly intuitive. Chris is a jealous jerk. Caleb is non-communicative and insecure.

Scot
Feliz
This is one of the first threesomes I read. Despite the present tense narrative, I found it very well written. The characters were believable, so was their development from a couple with an extra to three men equally in love. Despite the criticism from their environment, they know they belong together; the author manages to make it perfectly clear why this works better than just two of them.
Recommended for everybody with a liking for hot sex and sweet emotions who aren't bothered by present ten
Leah
I really liked this. The writing was typical of a Dreamspinner author, clear, thoughtful, passionate but there were times, especially in the beginning, when I was lost in a sea of characters' names. The book is really about Caleb coming to terms with and transitioning into a poly relationship; how the triad's friends and family deal with their 'ship is also explored. If Caleb was as interesting as Chris or Scott I would've rated this 5 stars--he wasn't. GoodRead. :P
Adriana
I totally love this book.
I can't even tell you how much, is in my favorites pile.

Love Caleb, and I think the dinamics of his, Scott and Chris relationship is really interesting.

Great book, I wan't to read more by this author.
Justacat
This is the only m/m/m story I've ever read that made me truly believe in the threesome - that there was a good reason for it, other than simply sex, sex, sex; that these characters were better off as three; that it wasn't just a pair with a third added in, or an excuse for the author to write a threesome. It's also quite well written - olid characterization and relationship development, solid writing - including good use of POV (distressingly rare in this genre) and use of present tense, always ...more
Serena Yates
This is an interestig take on a three-way relationship. When Caleb joins Chris and Scott in their on-again/off-again relationship it solves about as many problems as it creates.

The description of the developing emotions and trust between the three partners as they each find their place in the 'triangle' is central to the book. Both external (friends, parents) and internal (insecurities, lack of talking about issues) try to force them apart, yet they manage to hold out.

This focus on mostly intern
Bea
No much to say about this book, it was not bad or extremely compelling. It was my first m/m/m book, so was not sure what to expect.

A decent read, although it was pretty quick to jump into bed. We have an established couple who wants to expand into three.

My only two complaints:

1). There was some angst that could have been easily solved if they just talked. It does not give me hope for them as a long term relationship,

2). They did not seem to have sex when one of them is. Away. Now, at the beginni
Lexi Ander
I am surprised at how much I really liked this. When I started I was having a problem with the POV, it seemed off compared to what I have been reading lately so it took me some time to become comfortable with it. The plot is really simple. It is a story about how three men deal all of the complexities of having a three person partnership. I loved watching them meet, grow together and fall in love. I even got a little teary eyed near the end.
Candice
4.5 stars - still need to write the review.
Mandi Schreiner
I get many m/m recommendations from Jen at Well Reads and when I saw her review for The Strongest Shape and saw that it is a m/m/m that in her opinion is done quite well, I knew it was a book I had to read. I like reading a m/m/m to see how the dynamics of the relationship are going to work out. Will there be jealousy? Will one always feel left out? And we can’t forget, it is triple the pleasure in bed…..

Caleb, a fashion photographer has just broke up with his boyfriend. He doesn’t know a lot of
Brett
  • Bound To Please
  • Room at the Top (Room at the Top #1)
  • The Hot Floor
  • Beyond Complicated
  • By Any Other Name (By Any Other Name #1)
  • Dark Horse (Dark Horse, #1)
  • Gemini
  • Golden Dancer
  • Out Of Focus
  • Sandpipers' Secrets (Sandpipers, #1)
  • Three's Company
  • More Than Everything (Family, #3)
  • Acquainted with the Night
  • Sleeping Stone
  • Fun With Dick and Shane (Memoirs of a Houseboy, #1)
  • At His Throat, A Promise
  • Special Delivery (Special Delivery, #1)
Tessa Cárdenas grew up in a small town in northern Texas before relocating to Florida to study creative writing. Since completing her degree, she spends her days educating young minds and wouldn’t quit her day job even if she could. She’s traveled to Europe, Asia, and all over the United States and Canada, but she’ll always be a Texas girl. She currently lives with two dogs, one cat, and a stack o ...more
More about Tessa Cárdenas...
Siempre Mi Familia