Start by marking “Bantam of the Opera (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries #5)” as Want to Read:
Bantam of the Opera (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries #5)

Bantam of the Opera (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries #5)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  420 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Bed-and-breakfast hostess Judith McMonigle Flynn isn't exactly bellowing "Bravo!" over the news that obnoxious opera star Mario Pacetti and his entourage are coming to stay at the Hillside Manor. The world-class tenor is a renowned pain-in-the-neck—a bloated buffoon who could easily eat her out of house and home. So when the puffed-up, would-be Pavarotti inadvertently drin ...more
Published October 13th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Bantam of the Opera, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bantam of the Opera

I love the series, but this wasn't one of my favorites in the series. I would give it more like 3 1/2 stars, because I liked it, but not as much as the others, which I generally give 4 stars. I figured out the "who dunnit" relatively early, and even the motive. I don't know if that detracted from my rating or added to it, but I guess the plot was pretty easy to figure out. The book was about opera, which is one of my least favorite things, so that made it less interesting to read.
Tracey
This series is becoming addictive. Short stories around 200 pages. Reading them in order keeps the main story going. Downright ridiculous mysteries but worth reading.
VJ
I figured out the "how" of this one right away. As to the "who" or "why?" I'm going to keep reading.

I'm also beginning to HATE the word "reposed." Can this author not use a thesaurus?

Finished the book and again, I didn't see the "who" coming, although the "why" became obvious halfway through the book: money.

Getting to like these characters a bit more, so I think I'll keep reading.
Susan
An operatic tenor and his entourage are staying at Judith Flynn's bed and breakfast. Though there's dissension in the group, murder is the last thing Judith expects or wants, especially since her policeman husband is off at a conference and his partner's wife is having a baby.
Glenn Harris
This time Judith McMonigle Flynn's bed and breakfast is filled with the entourage of a famous opera star (and the bulk of the star himself). Of course someone is murdered and of course it is up to Judith and her cousin/sidekick Reenie to catch the killer.
Nicole
A preening, hypochondriac tenor with his wife and agent, their ditzy secretary, and their flamboyant producer with enormous appetites stay at the B&B.
Linda
Ok entry in the series. I was totally kept guessing as to the identity of the murderer and even after I needed help with the why.
Terry
Not my kind of female detective mystery. I'm testing our library's e-book capabilities and this sounded interesting.
Sallie
Not Josephine Tey or Agatha Christie, but ok mysteries. I'll work my way through it via ILL instead of purchase.
Kim
Another fun & festive mystery by Mary Daheim. I enjoy the progression of their lives!
Tina Manousakis
I love this series. Judith and Renie and company hit all the right notes
Holly Lynn
Relaxed and light murder mystery... I recommend to read the books in order.
Michele
I know this is a cozy mystery but parts of it made me laugh out loud!
Abigail

Not as clean as books 1-4, but still a good read.
Susan
Read in IHQ. A great humorous murder mystery.
Brett
Mystery,Cozy
Cathy
Cathy marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
Skyler
Skyler marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Shirley Stenerson
Shirley Stenerson marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Kristen Ray
Kristen Ray marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
  • War and Peas (Jane Jeffry, #8)
  • Index to Murder (Miss Zukas, #11)
  • Father's Day Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #10)
  • The Body in the Boudoir
  • Fat Free and Fatal (Savannah Reid, #12)
  • Fire Engine Dead (Museum, #3)
  • Murder Shoots the Bull (Southern Sisters Mystery, #6)
  • Prime Cut (A Goldy Bear Culinary Mystery, #8)
  • Southern Ghost (Death on Demand, #8)
  • Bookplate Special (A Booktown Mystery, #3)
  • Introducing Agatha Raisin The Quiche of Death/The Vicious Vet
Seattle native Mary Richardson Daheim has been fascinated by story-telling since early childhood. She first listened, then read, and finally began to write her own fiction when she was ten. A journalism major at the University of Washington, she was the first female editor of The Daily where she attracted national attention with her editorial stance against bigotry.
After getting her B.A., she wor
More about Mary Daheim...
Just Desserts (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #1) The Alpine Advocate (Emma Lord Mystery, #1) Fowl Prey (Bed-and-Breakfast Mystery, #2) Dune to Death (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #4) The Alpine Betrayal (Emma Lord Mystery #2)