Start by marking “Multivariable Calculus” as Want to Read:
Multivariable Calculus

Multivariable Calculus

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  103 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Success in your calculus course starts here! James Stewart's CALCULUS texts are world-wide best-sellers for a reason: they are clear, accurate, and filled with relevant, real-world examples. With MULTIVARIABLE CALCULUS, Seventh Edition, Stewart conveys not only the utility of calculus to help you develop technical competence, but also gives you an appreciation for the intr...more
Published January 1st 2011 by Thomson Brooks/Cole (first published January 1st 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Multivariable Calculus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Multivariable Calculus

Dani
Éste libro me acompañó durante todo el cuatrimestre en Cálculo II para Matemáticos/Físicos.

La verdad es que es muy útil. Explica los contenidos de manera simple y concisa. La lectura se hace rápida y amena. Es uno de esos libros de texto que dan gusto leer. La materia se me hizo super liviana con él.

Tiene muchísimos ejemplos clave para ver la dificultad que entrañan algunos temas.

Hace hincapié en la parte gráfica de la materia todo el tiempo, lo que está bueno porque después los gráficos para l...more
Alexander
I've had my nose in this hefty Stewart tome for years and years. It's served me well but it's outlived its usefulness to me. It's far too numerical and formulaic without giving a treatment to the true analytical theory that underlies the beauty of calculus as a discipline and a science. This is merely "toolkit calculus" and I fear it abstracts engineering and science students away from the underlying theory that mathematicians are treated to. This makes for a decent human calculator. Engineers s...more
Khloe
This is a useful book for a multivariable calculus course; good coverage of concepts, examples, diagrams, equations, and practice problems. Sometimes alternative explanations from other books or the internet were necessary for me to fully understand the material, but overall a good textbook that provides the basic information and explanations needed for this level of calculus.
Walter Ullon

It's definitely not "Spivak-y" but it has served me well, and still does. The webAssign complement to this is EXTREMELY useful if you take advantage of all its features.
Daniel
Cal I, Cal II, and Cal III (my favorite), all taught from this book in college. It is still on my desk today and my first reference for Calculus.
Lisa
My favorite Calculus book.
Natalya
Stewart is such a plagiarist.
Mew
Very useful.
Zamyka
Zamyka is currently reading it
Sep 30, 2014
Adam
Adam added it
Sep 08, 2014
Adam
Adam added it
Sep 08, 2014
Sridhar Reddy
Sridhar Reddy marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Atabak
Atabak marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Justine
Justine is currently reading it
Sep 04, 2014
Mary Rhodes
Mary Rhodes marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Pamc
Pamc marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Vu Hien
Vu Hien marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Cristiano
Cristiano marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
James Stewart is a professor of mathematics and a violinist. He has written a number of textbooks, notably on calculus.

For other James Stewarts, see similar names.
More about James Stewart...
Calculus [With CDROM] Single Variable Calculus Multivariable Calculus: Early Transcendentals Precalculus: Mathematics for Calculus (with CD-ROM and Ilrn ) [With CDROM] Calculus: Concepts and Contexts [With CD-ROM]