Start by marking “Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!” as Want to Read:
Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!

Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!

3.73  ·  Rating Details  ·  101 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
Puppies big and puppies small. Puppies short and puppies tall. Spotty, wrinkly, shaggy puppies. Bouncy, wriggly, waggy puppies. This celebration of puppies combines puppy-filled illustrations and a jaunty, rhyming text to make a perfect read aloud for young dog fans. Dachshunds, shepherds, Dalmatians, collies, poodles, terriers, hounds, mutts--puppies of all kinds populate ...more
Published May 1st 2005 by Harry N. Abrams

To ask other readers questions about Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!

Fishing Into Potato Salad by Othen Donald Dale CummingsChicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr.Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr.Fetch by Adam Glendon SidwellMr. Brown Can Moo! Can You? by Dr. Seuss
Toddlers Ages 1-3
39th out of 155 books — 78 voters
STEM Storiez - Counting Zoo by ZyroboticsThe Star by Michele BrezaPolar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear? by Bill Martin Jr.What Shall We Do With The Boo Hoo Baby? by Cressida CowellButton by Joyce  Mitchell
Babies, Toddlers, and Books
21st out of 50 books — 14 voters

More lists with this book...

Shel
Jul 24, 2009 Shel added it
Meyers, S. (2005). Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! New York: Harry N. Abrams, Inc.

First off, let me tell you, when you type "Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!" over and over again the word starts to lose all meaning. While "Kittens! Kittens! Kittens!" is by the same writing and illustrating team, I don't think I could handle reviewing that book too. At least not this week. Too much fun with words.

This light and fun poem serves as a good introductory to puppies and how they grow. The illustrations
Lydia
Apr 04, 2016 Lydia rated it really liked it
Shelves: kid-s-books, animals
A book about puppies is a shoe-in for Lyds. She loves it. It goes over opposites as well as puppy and dog information. It's a cute rhyming book that she has us read over and over again.
Carrie Charley Brown
Aug 27, 2014 Carrie Charley Brown rated it really liked it
The essence of puppies wrapped up in playful illustrations and spot-on rhyme.
C.
Feb 19, 2012 C. rated it really liked it
This is a large book with colorful illustrations and fun rhyming text. It was a great read aloud to my (under 1 years of age) son and he enjoyed looking at the pages and stayed engaged throughout the text, something that works better with some books than with others at this age. I think it would also be an enjoyable book to revisit as he gets a bit older as the repetition would allow him to 'read' with me. As an adult I personally would probably give the book three stars, but have given it four ...more
Danielle Baker
Nov 20, 2013 Danielle Baker rated it really liked it
Shelves: animals
Reveiw:

This is an easy read to read to yound children with rich vocabulary like shredding, tearing, collars, and leashes. I would read this story during an animal or pets themed week. I would use it a dicussion starter to ask the children if they have any pet or know how to care for pets. To make real life connections with the story. The illusrations could be better.

Learning Experience:

I would get a stuffed animal and a dog house. I would have the children practice positional words. Put the dog
babyhippoface
Feb 22, 2008 babyhippoface rated it liked it
This rhyming picture book chronicles the things that puppies do as they grow from eyes-shut-tight newborn to adulthood with new pups of their own. Meyeres’ bouncy verse (“Spotty, wrinkly, shaggy puppies / Bouncy, wriggly, waggy puppies.”) is as playful as the adorable canines in Walker’s layered acrylic illustrations. The repeated refrain of “Here and there and everywhere, Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!” will have little dog lovers reciting along in no time. A fun read-aloud, this would also fit int ...more
Miss Andrea
May 08, 2015 Miss Andrea rated it really liked it
Used for Children First storytime (Monday): Dogs 4/27
Camille
Jan 16, 2013 Camille rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-bks
I thought this book was entirely too long. I almost want to break it up into chapters: Just Born Puppies, Meeting Puppies, Bad Puppies, School for Puppies and Puppies Grow Up. But really, that wouldn't help. It might be an okay book to share with a child during a lapsit time because the illustrations are a little on the small side and there are multiple on a page, which is perfect for pointing out to a little one on your lap.

This book would be great if you're trying to explain to a young child t
Jessica Jones

Genre

Animal Stories
Theme/Subject

Dogs

I added this book because it is one of those books that could get children to be excited to read. This would be a great book to show or teach repetition. Children will love to read with you and complete the sentence with " puppies, puppies, puppies!" This rhyming book could also serve a lesson on descriptive words and adjectives
Yixuan Wang
Jan 28, 2012 Yixuan Wang rated it it was amazing
I supper love dogs and does not matter what kind of dogs. I have a dog too. It is over eight years old, and I take it form China. I love it too much.This rhyming picture book chronicles the things that puppies do as they grow from eyes-shut-tight newborn to adulthood with new pups of their own. Meyeres’ bouncy verse as playful as the adorable canines in Walker’s layered acrylic illustrations.
Jackie
Jan 15, 2010 Jackie rated it really liked it
Puppies! Puppies! Puppies is a reminder of how much energy puppies have for getting into trouble, running after all sorts of things, and learning the new jobs that make them a constant, loyal companion for the human owner. Delightful, colorful, action-packed illustrations accompany a book with imagination and puppy-fun.

Used for "Caring for Pets-Dogs" storytime-01/10.
Danielle
Mar 20, 2013 Danielle rated it liked it
For those of you who like dogs, this is a fun book that watches puppies grow into dogs. They are bad dogs for a long time, but eventually they learn how to be upstanding members of society, which I think is the reason I like the kitten book better.
Paula
Nov 29, 2012 Paula rated it liked it
Rhyming text follows the life of all sorts of puppies from when they are born "with eyes shut tight," through moving in with a new family and "getting bowls and beds and names," to learning how to do things grown-up dogs do.
Bayley
Oct 06, 2008 Bayley rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
FREAKIN' ADORABLE. Cute little puppies adorn every page. I tried to use this book to convince my mom to let me get a dog. Didn't work, but she thought it was cute, at least. And that's saying something.
Agnes
Oct 02, 2009 Agnes rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
"Here and there and everywhre, Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!"
Well, this book could be dangerous - inciting "Mommy, I want a puppy!" Read to the kids at your own risk :)
Joseph Saborio
Jan 14, 2010 Joseph Saborio rated it it was ok
A good dog primer for young children: yes, they're fun, but they're work, too.
The artwork is cool, a combination of what looks like crayon and some other medium.
Danie P.
Jul 23, 2009 Danie P. rated it liked it
Shelves: toddler
Puppies are literally everywhere in this picture book. How they are born, what they eat and how to cuddle them are reoccuring themes.
Heather
Jun 02, 2011 Heather rated it really liked it
Shelves: from-library
24 months - it's a book about Puppies, need I say more, of course O loves it! Simple with a good rhyme to it. It's fun to read!
Tricia
Mar 21, 2010 Tricia rated it liked it
Larger size book with well displayed illustrations and brief rhyming text great for toddlers/younger preschool.
Peacegal
Jan 17, 2013 Peacegal rated it it was ok
Very colorful, with undeniable kid appeal. I wasn't a big fan of the pets having puppies, for obvious reasons.
Kimberly Jaquez
Nov 30, 2011 Kimberly Jaquez rated it it was amazing
i read this book to my baby brother and he liked it so did i because of what it talks about
Anna
Mar 29, 2011 Anna rated it really liked it
Even though this book is for younger children, it is so cute! I loved it!
Kim
Jun 09, 2010 Kim rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids
Since we don't have a real one..yet.
This book with have to do.
Jessie
Apr 14, 2013 Jessie rated it really liked it
So cute. Everyone loves puppies.
Lauren White
Recommends it for: Preschool - 1st grade
Shelves: picture-books, dogs
CUTE!
Hayley DeRoche
Hayley DeRoche marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Valentine Tarango Jr.
Valentine Tarango Jr. rated it it was ok
Jun 08, 2016
Kelly
Kelly rated it liked it
May 15, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Susan Meyers is the author of the poetry collection Keep and Give Away (University of South Carolina Press, 2006), selected by Terrance Hayes for the SC Poetry Book Prize. It also won the 2007 Southern Independent Booksellers Alliance (SIBA) Book Award for Poetry and the NC Poetry Society's Brockman-Campbell Book Award."
More about Susan Meyers...

“Here and there and everywhere . . . puppies, puppies, puppies!” 2 likes