Start by marking “Ashes to Ashes (Burn for Burn, #3)” as Want to Read:
Ashes to Ashes (Burn for Burn, #3)

Ashes to Ashes (Burn for Burn #3)

3.72  ·  Rating Details ·  6,610 Ratings  ·  1,233 Reviews
New Year's Eve ended with a bang and Mary, Kat and Lillia may not be prepared for what is to come.
After Rennie's death, Kat and Lillia try to put the pieces together of what happened to her. They both blame themselves. If Lillia hadn't left with Reeve... If Kat had only stayed with Rennie... Things could have been different. Now they will never be the same.
Only Mary knows
Published September 16th 2014 by Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Ashes to Ashes, please sign up.

Tina T. The ending was the absolutely worst part of the series. The 'revenge' was disappointing at best - it seemed to me like the author wanted to make a…moreThe ending was the absolutely worst part of the series. The 'revenge' was disappointing at best - it seemed to me like the author wanted to make a point about peace but all she ended up doing was proving that the angry, hateful spirit can punish everyone else for the mistake they made and get away with it. Which is a real crappy point to make, if I may add.

Also, the whole Lil story did a 180 degree turn for no reason other than the shock effect and it doesn't make any sense whatsoever. After the relationship between Reeve and Lil developed in the second book, and then continued like this in the third, I can't see how she'd ever choose Alex whom she'd never had feelings for, who she'd never even considered and who was just a minor character in all the other books really.

And about Kat, I don't even know what to say. She didn't have any real character development from the first book, and the relationship between her and Alex could really have worked out well which is why I'm kinda shocked the authors didn't take it anywhere.

And I still can't believe what happened to Reeve - he didn't deserve any of this. As if he hadn't suffered enough. This is why I wish I hadn't even read the last book, and just stopped after the second. Now the entire series are ruined for me.(less)
Migs Fiel Yes! She turned into this whiny Witch-with-a-B who got to flirt with both Reeve and Alex and got away with it, just because the guys love her. I think…moreYes! She turned into this whiny Witch-with-a-B who got to flirt with both Reeve and Alex and got away with it, just because the guys love her. I think she gradually became more like Rennie in the third book. And, there weren't any consequences she had to go through. That's the only thing I hate about the book. She's the cause of almost all the major conflicts in the book, but just because she's "Princess Lillia," of course, other people had to join and solve her problems for her. I love Kat and Mary, though. I also hate that the authors still push Alex to Lillia when she had let him down and chose Reeve over him every time - it's, like, anti-masculinist. Men aren't that dumb.(less)
YA Novels of 2014
97th out of 1,533 books — 8,922 voters
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareCress by Marissa MeyerThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanSilver Shadows by Richelle MeadDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
Upcoming YA Novels of 2014
57th out of 508 books — 1,397 voters

More lists with this book...

Emily  (SimplyEmily'sMind)
Aug 23, 2015 Emily (SimplyEmily'sMind) rated it really liked it
I feel like this series was one crazy, insane, non-stop whirlwind. I loved it. However the ending was so abrupt and not completely satisfying, but I didn't hate it like I thought I would considering other people's reactions. I'm sad it's over, honestly. I would highly recommend this series to anyone.
Amber (Books of Amber)

After a fantastic start book and an absolutely epic follow up, I was sure that Ashes to Ashes was going to go out with a bang and cement this series as one of my favourites. I waited (very impatiently) after the cliffhanger in Fire With Fire and I am so fucking mad that THIS is what I got. There will be spoilers in this review but I will hide them under a spoiler tag because everyone needs to know HOW FUCKING ANNOYED I AM.

First of all, most of the story was okay. We had Lillia being a QUEEN and
Faye, la Patata
Warning: there will be a lot of cussing involved in this review, because I am pissed off as hell. I'll try to keep it as spoiler-free as possible, but I cannot give any guarantee about the cussing. My mind is on fire, and the need to vent is insanely banging the insides of my stone-cold heart. Okay, maybe it's not stone-cold, but it's hurt and disappointed and it needs to raaaage.

First of all, let it be known that I absolutely loved this series. I was completely immersed in each of the three gir
Nov 20, 2014 Jasprit rated it really liked it
What have I just read? Seriously Burn for Burn was a brilliant start to this wonderful series and Fire for Fire just made me so happy, but also ripped me to shreds. With Ashes to Ashes I just wanted to hug the book but also throw it across the other room. Basically the same feelings I had a year ago were dredged up once more.

It was great being back with my favourite characters once more, yes their lives had been thoroughly shook up since the last book and I wanted to know how everyone had been c
Aug 07, 2014 Becca rated it it was amazing
So this is what needs to happen in Ashes to Ashes: Mary needs to leave Reeve alone, stop being annoying, and go haunt someone else. Alex needs to grow some balls, forget about Lillia, and admit he's got feelings for Kat, stat. Kat needs to get accepted into Oberlin. Reeve and Alex need to beat the crap out of the guy who raped Lillia. Rennie needs to, like, come back alive because her death is gonna shake up a whole bunch of drama. And last, but certainly not least, Reeve and Lillia need to live ...more
See more reviews at YA Midnight Reads

Burn for BurnandFire with Fire aresome of the best high school revenge stories I've ever read. Han and Vivian manage to create drama that doesn't feel aimless or overly melodramatic and characters with incredible depth and growth. It's safe to say that yes, I loved this series up until this very last instalment which has pretty much tainted my feelings towards the entire series. Words do not even begin to explain how disappointed I am with this series ender.

Jun 06, 2015 Mereice rated it it was amazing
Jenn Churchill
Sep 17, 2014 Jenn Churchill rated it it was ok
Carrima Quinones
I just finished Fire with Fire like two seconds ago and I can't fricken breath !!!!! I need ashes to ashes to come out like right now ! I can't wait any longer , I petition for an early release !!! *dies*
Nov 21, 2014 pdbkwm rated it did not like it
Wow, it sure is crazy how much this book didn't live up to the hype I had for it. I loved Burn for Burn. Fire with Fire was just okay, mainly because it felt like some of the characters didn't act like themselves and the whole reveal about Mary the Ghost. I really hated that reveal. Sadly, Ashes to Ashes takes all of the things that I didn't like from the second book and intensifies it here.

After the reveal about Mary being a Ghost and seeing Rennie die in a horrific accident, I thought the book
Dec 15, 2013 Peony marked it as to-read
i think this novel can go a variety of ways — the characters are all so complex, and we still have to learn more about mary.

(to be honest, i haven't forgiven reeve for what he did to her. just because he's sweet on lillia doesn't mean anything. you can learn a lot about someone by the way they treat people who matter to them, and then the people who don't. i'm not falling for his ~*~nice guy~*~ act quite yet. not after he told mary to go fuck herself.)

can we all agree that lillia's milkshakes
Jun 24, 2014 - rated it it was amazing
I feel like Reeve told Mary to go "fuck herself" because he knew Mary wasn't alive anymore and maybe he thought the girl talking to him about it made him angry? Mary wasn't recognizable that night, and it was the line behind the real and the dead so? I'm just so confused about Mary's character and I can't believe Rennie's actually dead.
Abigail (Read. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.)
Long version found at The Rave Library.

Rating : 2/5 stars

What is it about : Continuation of Fire with Fire. At the aftermath of the of the New Year's Eve party, things happened all at once. Rennie got burned (literally), Reeve got hurt, and Mary finds out she's not the girl she actually wanted to be. Kat and Lillia are looking for her hoping to settle this revenge pact once and for all, even though Mary is planning to take both of them down.

Review : Load your gun now, 'cause this one's going
Rachel  (APCB Reviews)

Read the full review @ A Perfection Called Books

Ashes to Ashes had great moments, it had okay moments, it had horrible moments.

What I really enjoyed about Ashes to Ashes was the suspense. Readers were on-edge the whole time! This book is a definite page-turner. Having no idea what was going to happen next, I kept reading. There were lots of twists and turns, things I never saw coming. The plot truly attached itself to the reader.

The three points of view really brought the story together as a who
Khanh (the Grinch)
Apr 28, 2014 Khanh (the Grinch) marked it as to-read
I really wish I hadn't read the summary for this book, because it just spoiled me for book 2.

Goddamn it.
Alicia O'Carrick
Apr 13, 2015 Alicia O'Carrick rated it it was ok
Shelves: contemporary
(Hello, internet! I’m back! Did you all miss me?

*roaring applause.*

Now, now, settle down. I have a review to write.)

Me, Kat, and Lillia, we weren’t ever supposed to be a team. All along it has been my responsibility and mine alone. My purpose.
It’s why I’m drawn to Reeve. Because I have a job to do, a score to settle. And once I do, I’ll finally be free.

I’m too lazy to hide spoilers, so please have read the first two books or not care before you continue.

A couple of years ago, there was a buz
Eriele the Mermaid ❤
Jul 11, 2014 Eriele the Mermaid ❤ rated it really liked it
I received an advance reading copy of this book during the Jenny Han book signing event in Manila last June 21, 2014. (Thanks again to Jenny Han and National Book Store.)

This review is totally unbiased; if you’ve seen my posts about other Han books, you’ll know I didn’t like most of them. Also spoiler-free but may or may not contain spoilers from the first two books.)

Cover. Very pretty. I call this new edition the “No Filter” kind. If you noticed the other editions of Burn For Burn and Fire With
Sep 21, 2014 Elena rated it really liked it
I don't even know how to rate this. The epilogue destroyed EVERYTHING for me. I'm so pissed right now.
I need a break.

So after calming down a bit, I think I am able to write down my general thoughts on this last installment.
I absolutely adored the first two books and after all the revelations the second book left us with I couldn't wait for the third book to arrive. And in general it didn't disappoint me. Ashes to Ashes was exactly lik
The ending was bittersweet/sad. This book was just all over the place, which is perfectly fine when it comes to the fact that there are three protagonists (Mary, Kat, and Lillia). The issue was that there were too many problems/issues that were either handled too quickly, took forever to be addressed, or barely brushed over.

As a person who disliked Mary since book 1, I enjoyed the fact that Mary didn't have as many chapters as Lillia or Kat did. As a person who likes Lillia, I was ecstatic to se
♫✯Em loves Hollenstein✯♫❤pizza rolls over gender roles❤Don't fall in love with the moment and think you're in love with the girl
I felled ing love with this book series. I remember I put off reading it for months, but one night I finally sat down and opened burn for burn.
And I devoured it.
When my copy of this book was ready at the library, I was so excited. I was screaming happily, and when I got it I kept taking pictures of me and the book, and I kept staring at the cover. And the book did not disappoint.
Just like the other two, the book starts with an intriguing line, and it makes you desperate to read more. I started
Tina T.
I really, truly wish I hadn’t read this last installment because it ruined the whole series for me. God, it’s midnight and I’m so fucking close to sobbing my eyes out I can’t believe it. I feel like I never want to read another series ever again.

So even though it’s the middle of the night, I’m typing away on my laptop like crazy because I really need to get this off my chest and I’m probably making no sense right now, but I just HATED this ending. It couldn’t have ended worse. I was disappointed
Sep 13, 2014 Harmonie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was headed for 5 stars until the end. I was NOT happy with the way they wrapped it up.
Sep 17, 2014 fyt rated it it was amazing
I stayed up till 4am for this book and the ending just made me want to throw my book out the window but hug it at the same time. The epilogue was so realistic it hurt my feelings. WHY JENNY HAN & SIOBHAN VIVIAN WHY. WHY. WHY!!!!

(view spoiler)
Jun 17, 2015 Belén rated it really liked it
I'm so confused about this book.
i think i loved it but damn i also think i hated it.
Don't get me wrong, this book is amazing, but i feel like my insides are being destroyed because of that one thing at the end of the book that didn't come up the way i wanted it to go. Anyway i loved it instead of that and i really recommend these books.
This was an okay end to the series, but I found the pace quite slow.

Mary really became quite psychotic in this book, blaming Reeve for her suicide – like he made her do it! Lillia was totally head over heels for Reeve, and Kat was Kat.

The storyline in this was about Mary getting her revenge on Reeve, but the pace was really slow, and it seemed like not a lot happened compared to the length of the book.

The ending was okay, but I was pleased it was over by that point.

6 out of 10
Anna *no longer in use*
Aug 01, 2015 Anna *no longer in use* rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2015

2 Stars

As I did with the second book I'm doing with this one. Spoilery opinions below:

(view spoiler)
Bee (Heart Full of Books)
Angry enough for caps. Ugh, I'm so annoyed! This had so much potential to be great with amazing closure BUT NO. The ending felt like a rushed job and I was just shaking my head in disbelief at the epilogue. No thank you. If you read this series - and I would still recommend it, because the second book is FAB - then completely ignore the epilogue, because trust me, it feels unfinished whether you read it or not, but if you don't then at least you can pretend things wor
Aug 18, 2016 Emerald rated it really liked it
***Spoiler Free Summary by Emerald BookWorm***

All I gotta say it that this was such a fun and addictive series! Not to mention just totally off the charts with insanity. /// Where a popular girl teams up with a nervous, shy, bullied girl, and a tough, in your face girl to get their revenge. /// It really ended up going somewhere completely weird and unexpected but totally awesome. /// The second book was by far my favorite cause it had the most twist and turns. /// And everything leading up to i
Jul 28, 2015 Jacquelyn rated it it was ok
Very disappointed. :( I didn't really see the point of this one. It was very boring and I felt like not much went on (to me). The ending was really boring and not mind blowing as I thought it would be..
Maddie (Heart Full Of Books)
Actual rating: 3.5 stars

The series has come a long way since the beginning. The girls deal with bigger problems than what to wear to a school dance. The drama intensity was HIGH, to say the least. If you're looking for something with a Pretty Little Liars feel, where everything escalates almost to the unimaginable, this is it!
  • Untitled (Annex, #3)
  • Hasta La Proxima Vez (Kristine 24)
  • Gasp (Visions, #3)
  • Wings (Black City, #3)
  • Chasing Before (The Memory Chronicles, #2)
  • Defector (Variants, #2)
  • Born of Deception (Born of Illusion, #2)
  • Idols (Icons, #2)
  • 34 Pieces of You
  • Play Me Backwards
  • Get Even (Don't Get Mad, #1)
  • Losing Forever
  • Captive (The Blackcoat Rebellion, #2)
  • Starling (Secrets of the Eternal Rose, #3)
  • Sacrifice (Elemental, #5)
  • This Is How It Ends
  • Untitled
  • Most Likely to Succeed (Superlatives, #3)

Burn for Burn (3 books)
  • Burn for Burn (Burn for Burn, #1)
  • Fire with Fire (Burn for Burn, #2)

“Years from now this will be what I remember when I remember my spring break senior year. It will be this moment right here. The smell of chlorine on his skin. The way the sun dips slow into the water before it disappears. The first time I ever told a boy I loved him.” 13 likes
“Life is long if you let it be.” 12 likes