Start by marking “Oswald Bastable and Others (Bastable Children, #4)” as Want to Read:
Oswald Bastable and Others (Bastable Children, #4)

Oswald Bastable and Others (Bastable Children #4 included)

3.95  ·  Rating Details  ·  64 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
This scarce antiquarian book is included in our special Legacy Reprint Series. In the interest of creating a more extensive selection of rare historical book reprints, we have chosen to reproduce this title even though it may possibly have occasional imperfections such as missing and blurred pages, missing text, poor pictures, markings, dark backgrounds and other reproduct ...more
Published September 10th 2010 by Kessinger Publishing (first published 1905)

To ask other readers questions about Oswald Bastable and Others, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Oswald Bastable and Others

heidi
Mar 05, 2016 heidi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Nesbit amuses and entertains as always. Will always love her style - indeed I love her books more than Blyton's… although not by too much :)

What makes Nesbit's young characters lovable is how normal and unintentional they are when they get themselves into one mischief after another. Just like you and me as children. What? Not you? Okay fine then.
Matt
Mar 14, 2016 Matt rated it liked it
This has been a pretty good collection of short stories. At first I felt it could be a little too childish. As in I couldn't really relate to the stories. Then they started to get a bit better, then suddenly the content changes completely and it becomes more fairy tails. All the same I am glad I read it.
Panda Incognito
Jul 11, 2011 Panda Incognito rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone
I was surprised and somewhat disappointed to realize that this book was not just about the Bastable family. In fact, only the first third of the book chronicles their adventures, and the rest of the book is taken up with various short stories of a fantastical nature. Despite my initial disappointment (though I should have guessed it by the title!), I ended up liking the last two thirds of the book even better than the first part which told stories about the Bastables! They were all cleverly thou ...more
A.J.
Feb 20, 2012 A.J. rated it liked it
A series of short stories, some magical, some everyday. I particularly liked 'The Missing Will' and 'Sir Christopher Cockleshell". "The Charmed Life" was interesting - with its notion of a separate life that can be kept safe outside of oneself it reminded me strongly of Diana Wynne Jones's 'Charmed Life'. I wonder if she had read it.
Alisa Kester
Jul 09, 2012 Alisa Kester rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, kindle-books
A collection of short stories, which leads to the problem of how to rate it. Some of the stories were so-so, but there were a number of really good ones, and a couple that were solid five-stars. E. Nesbit can really write a perfect fairy tale!
Julia
Jul 23, 2008 Julia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone and everyone, especially parents and children
Recommended to Julia by: Ketti M.
Hilarious and wonderful! Great read-aloud book for the kids/entire family. (Your childhood is not complete until you've read this, in my opinion.)
Mashell
Nov 16, 2012 Mashell rated it liked it
Interesting
Kathy
Kathy is currently reading it
Jul 13, 2016
Aline Leal
Aline Leal marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
K
K marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2016
Darrell Spradlyn
Darrell Spradlyn marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2016
Hunter
Hunter marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2016
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2016
Brandon Longstreth
Brandon Longstreth marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
Leah
Leah marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
Clockery Fairfeld
Clockery Fairfeld marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
Leslie Rudzinski
Leslie Rudzinski marked it as to-read
May 24, 2016
Nizam uddin
Nizam uddin rated it really liked it
May 19, 2016
Jessica Hilton
Jessica Hilton marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
Skye
Skye marked it as to-read
May 16, 2016
Belinda
Belinda marked it as to-read
May 02, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2016
Cece
Cece marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2016
Mark
Mark marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2016
Caroline
Caroline marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Martin Pippin in the Apple Orchard
  • Just Patty
  • Wedding Bells Ahead (Grandma's Attic #7)
  • The Dancing Floor (Sir Edward Leithen, #3)
  • Tish
  • The Story of a Bad Boy
  • The Brethren
  • Chasing Jupiter
  • Writing Away: A Creative Guide to Awakening the Journal-Writing Traveler
  • Winona's Pony Cart (Deep Valley, #3)
  • Lindbergh: The Tale of a Flying Mouse
  • Pay the Piper
  • The Cottage in the Woods
  • What Ho!  The best of P.G. Wodehouse
  • The Education of Hyman Kaplan
  • Love so Life, Vol. 2 (Love so Life, #2)
  • Instead of Three Wishes: Magical Short Stories
  • Escape to Mulberry Cottage (Mulberry Cottage #1)
Edith Nesbit (married name Edith Bland; 15 August 1858 – 4 May 1924) was an English author and poet; she published her books for children under the name of E. Nesbit.
She wrote or collaborated on over 60 books of fiction for children, several of which have been adapted for film and television. She was also a political activist and co-founded the Fabian Society, a socialist organisation later connec
More about E. Nesbit...

Bastable Children (4 books)
  • The Story of the Treasure Seekers (Bastable Children, #1)
  • The Wouldbegoods (Bastable Children, #2)
  • New Treasure Seekers (Bastable Children, #3)