Start by marking “Trail of Lies (Texas Ranger Justice, #4)” as Want to Read:
Trail of Lies (Texas Ranger Justice, #4)

Trail of Lies (Texas Ranger Justice #4)

As the mother of a beautiful daughter and the wife of a wealthy entrepreneur, Melora Hudson seemed happy. No one knew about the secrets hidden behind closed doors--secrets Melora was forced to keep. Now, two years after her husband's disappearance, the truth may be exposed. His body has been found, and everyone has questions. Texas Ranger Daniel Boone Riley comes to find a ...more
Paperback, Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #240, 216 pages
Published April 5th 2011 by Steeple Hill (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Trail of Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trail of Lies

Cathy Daniel
May 09, 2016 Cathy Daniel rated it really liked it
Good story! I guessed who the bad guys were before the ending but I also read a lot of these books too!
Wendy Sparkes
Apr 29, 2014 Wendy Sparkes rated it really liked it
Melora Hudson's husband Axle disappeared 2 years ago.

His body has just been discovered.

The Lions of Texas want the secrets he took to his grave to remain hidden. They want his flash drive, which wasn't found on his body.

What had Axle been involved in?

What made him cross the Lions of Texas?

Where could he have hidden the flash drive?

Ranger Daniel Boone Riley arrives to ask questions about her husband ~ and ends up staying to protect Melora & her young daughter Kaitlyn.

I liked this continuation
Judy
Nov 15, 2011 Judy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Trail of Lies by Margaret Daley Book 4 of Texas Ranger Justice Series
Daniel Boone Riley grew up on the wealthy side of town. As an only son his father wanted him to follow in his steps. His father loved the history of Texas and with the retelling of it, the life of the Texas Rangers is what intrigued young Daniel, and he chose that path against is father's wishes. That choice cost him deeply. A relationship with his father, his marriage and his son. And right now, protecting someone like Melora
Mar 28, 2016 Laura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Trail of Lies

Book four of the Texas Ranger Justice series. When Melora and Kaitlyn Hudson's lives are threatened after her missing husband's body is found in book three, Ranger Daniel Riley, is assigned to investigate. Having grown up in the same circles, Daniel is somewhat familiar with Melora, but they are going to end up getting to know each other much better.
Sherri Dulin
A very interesting story with plenty of intrigue. I like detective shows and this book reminded me of them. It was nice to see how their faith helped them through their trials. They remembered to pray. Prayers were answered.
Jill
Texas Ranger Justice # 4 All those she loves have lied to Melora , will Ranger Daniel Boone Riley be able to solve the mystery and save Melora and her daughter?
Andrew Service
Mar 29, 2016 Andrew Service rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This Amazing story

Writing is getting awesome and blessings. Storylines is amazing good of how God using people for his purpose. Thanks Lord.
Becky Gibson
Mar 20, 2014 Becky Gibson rated it it was amazing
4th book in this series i finished it last night and started the 5th im super excited and hooked
Christina
Sep 05, 2014 Christina rated it really liked it
It was a very suspenseful novel that kept me on edge. A great read.
Melissa
Sep 12, 2012 Melissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
This was a pretty good story in the continuing mystery of who killed a Texas Ranger. This is book number 4 of 6 in the Texas Ranger Justice miniseries. There were some predictable parts but all in all a nice story with likeable characters. This six book mystery set started out a little slow for me but books 3 and 4 were very good. Looking forward to the conclusion of this series!
Kayla
Feb 10, 2015 Kayla rated it really liked it
This book was full of romance and suspense, I really enjoyed it!
Judine
Jul 17, 2012 Judine rated it really liked it
Daniel and Melora already had knowledge of each other, so the misunderstandings in their early relationship are cleared up believably. However, Daniel has a troubled relationship with his teenaged son that isn't fleshed out as much as I'd like. The happy family image of Daniel, Melora, his son and her daughter came about a bit too easily.
Bethany N Wallace
This series, "Texas Ranger Justice" is fantastic! I won most of the books, and I just can't put them down! Constant action, great character dialogue and scenes, tender romance, and descriptions that put you in the scenes with the characters are just a few reasons that this author is one of my favorite Love Inspired Suspense authors.
Cathy
Nov 09, 2011 Cathy rated it it was ok
I've liked this series (Texas Ranger Justice) but this one was a little too obvious and made the main character look weak. How are we supposed to care about Melora at the end of this book. I don't want to give spoilers so I'll try not to say too much but she should have seen at least some of this coming!
Joy
Whoever named this book picked the perfect title. I felt so bad for Melora as I read. It was almost too much for me, when she found out the extent of what had been going on and who all was involved. But I did like the book and I can hardly wait to read books 5 and 6 and see how the story wraps up.
Judie Dooley
Aug 15, 2012 Judie Dooley rated it really liked it
These books are Ok for a quick read. while not the typical books I usually read I found them very enjoyable and will read more in the future. I made the mistake of reading them out of sequence. I have been reading them at DR office visits. Small and easy to cary in my handbag.
Nina
Mar 24, 2011 Nina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this is really good, clean too. Loved it, keep me up reading last night. Wish I had the others in the series, daughter of texas, body of evidence, and face of danger.
Stephanie
AGS
Jun 05, 2016 AGS rated it it was amazing
Amazing
Kate Brige
Kate Brige rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2016
Paula Shreckhise
Paula Shreckhise marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
Trisadee Mcmillan
Trisadee Mcmillan marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2016
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2016
Barb
Barb marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2016
Gelyn
Gelyn marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2016
Trish
Trish rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2016
Cheyenne
Cheyenne rated it liked it
Aug 14, 2016
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Sep 20, 2015 02:56PM
  • Face of Danger
  • Body of Evidence (Texas Ranger Justice, #2)
  • Out of Time (Texas Ranger Justice, #6)
  • Threat of Exposure (Texas Ranger Justice, #5)
  • Murder at Granite Falls (Big Sky Series, #4)
  • Daughter of Texas (Texas Ranger Justice, #1)
  • Point Blank Protector (Emerald Coast 911 #5)
  • Undercover Pursuit (Missions of Mercy #3)
  • High-Stakes Inheritance (The Morgan Brothers #1)
  • Fatal Secrets  (Protecting the Witnesses , #5)
  • Twin Targets  (Protecting the Witnesses, #1)
  • Dead Reckoning (Holyoake Heroes, #3)
  • Killer Headline  (Protecting the Witnesses, #2)
  • A Deadly Game
Margaret Daley, an award-winning author of seventy-six books, has been married for over forty years and is a firm believer in romance and love. When she isn’t traveling, she’s writing love stories, often with a suspense thread and corralling her three cats that think they rule her household. To find out more about Margaret visit her website at http://www.margaretdaley.com.
More about Margaret Daley...

Texas Ranger Justice (6 books)
  • Daughter of Texas (Texas Ranger Justice, #1)
  • Body of Evidence (Texas Ranger Justice, #2)
  • Face of Danger
  • Threat of Exposure (Texas Ranger Justice, #5)
  • Out of Time (Texas Ranger Justice, #6)