Start by marking “Point Blank Protector (Emerald Coast 911 #5)” as Want to Read:
Point Blank Protector (Emerald Coast 911 #5)

Point Blank Protector (Emerald Coast 911 #6)

With his cover blown, former DEA Agent Tyler Clark has nothing but time on his hands. Timeand ordersto see the police psychologist before taking a new case. Gracie VanDoren's cheerful determination to help him drives Tyler up the wallright up until a threatening letter has Gracie's sunshiny demeanor giving way to fear. As the threats escalate, both realize someone has an u
Paperback, Large print, 288 pages
Published April 5th 2011 by Steeple Hill (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Point Blank Protector, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Point Blank Protector

Michelle
Dec 16, 2014 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Emerald Coast 911
Book 5

This was another great book! I was really curious on how the author was going to give Ryan a romance when he seemed so lost and hard in the previous book. In this book, he is sent for a psyche eval at the department's psychologist, Gracie VanDoren. Before he even leaves that day, he learns she is being threatened and instantly becomes her protector. As things escalate, Ryan moves into her father's empty house to keep a closer eye on her. But as the truth is slowly revealed
Cathy Beckett
Nov 17, 2013 Cathy Beckett rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-books-read
I enjoyed this quick, fun read. The story flowed with an ease that made it interesting.
Tyler Clark is ex-DEA agent who is being forced to go see the police psychologist before he can become a consultant for the police in his home town. He doesn't have the best attitude going in but things change. Tyler had been deep undercover when his cover was blown. He is now trying to become a consultant for the police in his hometown.

Gracie VanDoren is the psychologist/profiler that Tyler has to convince t
Judy
Jun 17, 2011 Judy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stephanie continues to hold the readers attention in this series with the sixth book in the Emerald Coast 911 series. There is plenty of suspense and surprises around each corner. We get to enjoy uniting with friends from the previous books. Her characters come alive each with their own personalities and quirks.

We met Tyler Clark in Flashpoint. Matt's older brother had been gone for three years as he had been undercover as a DEA agent. His cover was blown with the drug bust and now he has to fin
Carolyn
Well, I don't know what I was expecting when I read this book, but it was...moderately exciting. The hero in the story had a past with the DEA, but came back to his hometown wanting a normal life, and the heroine 'Miss Sunshine' the police department psychologist did not do dating and was waiting for Mr. Right. Her problem was finding out about a terrible secret her father kept from her. Now, there's nothing wrong with waiting for Mr. Right, but not dating? I thought that was just a little too m ...more
Christy
Jun 10, 2012 Christy rated it really liked it
4 out of 5 stars. Tyler moves back into town after his cover .was blown on previous assignment. He hadn't expected to meet (or fall) for the pretty, young psychologist (Gracie). Tyler is smitten by Gracie'e happy, bubbly personality from the very beginning.

Gracie, wants to wait for the "right person" initially treats their relationship as nothing special but feels a strong attraction to Tyler. When Gracie starts getting threatening letters in the mail, Tyler tries to help. Then things get even
Carolyn E
Nov 09, 2011 Carolyn E rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
Point Blank Protector (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #241) by Stephanie Newton is the first book I have read by Stephanie Newton and the first one I have read in the "Emerald Coast 911" series. As with most "Love Inspired Suspense" books, I really enjoyed this one. It has a bit of a surprise ending that I never anticipated. I am looking forward to reading more by this author.
Charline Bonham
Aug 04, 2014 Charline Bonham rated it really liked it
Former DEA agent is between jobs when psychologist Gracie VanDoren needs help. Someone is threatening her but she had not taken it serious. Tyler Clark wants to protect her but can he protect his heart. Both has issues with the past and may be what the other needs to move on. I like when the women show common sense and are strong. Gracie is strong but is facing odds she didn't expect.
Michelle Kidwell
Suspense intrigue and romance color point blank protector, when DEA agent Tyler Clark is told he needs to see a psychologist Gracie VanDoren he doesn't expect it to end up being a relationship that leads him and his family into danger, will he find the risk worth it?? Find out by reading Point Blank Protector, you won't be dissapointed!!!
Glenajo
Mar 21, 2013 Glenajo rated it it was amazing
Love Inspired is always good, but I particularly enjoyed this one. The characters are interesting, and the premise creates the suspense that makes the story. Tyler’s family adds another angle that gets deeper with the other books in the series. This is a good, quick read, just right for an evening of totally enjoyable reading since you won’t want to put it down.
Judine
Jul 23, 2012 Judine rated it really liked it
Personally, I like the way Gracie's decision for celebacy was handled and thought Tyler's reaction to it was sweet, but it might come across as a bit preachy to some readers. Overall, though, it was a fun read.
Stephanie - Adventures Thru Wonderland
This was one of my favorite LIS books. I loved how the story unfolded, and had been waiting to the chance to read about Tyler's story after he appeared in his brother, Matt's, story. Great addition to the LIS stories, and a must read for any fan of Love Inspired Suspense, type stories!
Kyndra Jones
Mar 06, 2016 Kyndra Jones rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite quotes from this book: "I'm telling you, God has an amazing sense of humor and an astounding capacity for blessing." I fell in love with that, and I had to share it! Hope it makes your day like it did mine!
Kathleen Sprout
Jun 11, 2011 Kathleen Sprout rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't read a lot of category romances, but this was well written and enjoyable. The characters were likable, andthe plot balanced the suspense and romance perfectly. I'll be looking for more from this author.
Nina
Apr 03, 2011 Nina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
another one from Love insprired supense, really good.
Susan
Apr 16, 2014 Susan rated it liked it
2 1/2 stars, kind of blah.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Emerald Coast 911
Bonnie Drummond
Oct 02, 2016 Bonnie Drummond rated it it was amazing
A breath taking read. From an ex DEA Officer to a therapist Doctor who wants to help him only to find out that they need each other to get each other through a very rough patch.
Sami
Oct 25, 2011 Sami rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing book there is another book to this series call A Baby's Bodyguard! that one is amazing too
Brittany
Mar 27, 2014 Brittany rated it liked it
An enjoyable read, nothing too romantic, preachy or suspenseful. I did like how an idea mentioned in the middle of this book turned out in the end.
Judie Dooley
Jul 31, 2012 Judie Dooley rated it liked it
a quick-nice read. Good for taking to the beach--
Ruth
Mar 05, 2012 Ruth rated it it was amazing
edge of my seat suspense...what a twist at the end.
Amos
Dec 06, 2011 Amos rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
good read, Christian but not too preachy....
Leticia
Jul 08, 2011 Leticia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I am not fond of romantic thrillers, and my reservations about this book relate mostly to that fact.
Christine Hayes
Found the main character,Grace, to be stupid at times. Really annoying,I did enjoy Tyler's relationship with his family.
Melody
Aug 05, 2011 Melody rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was hooked on this book from page one. I had a hard time putting it down to go to bed. :) It is the first one I have read from this series, and I for sure now need to read the others!
Jennifer McClelland
Jennifer McClelland rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2016
Nina Chen
Nina Chen rated it it was amazing
Dec 21, 2014
Ruth Lindenstein
Ruth Lindenstein rated it liked it
Aug 28, 2013
Judi
Judi rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2016
Ashley P.
Ashley P. rated it it was ok
Jul 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Aug 25, 2015 10:43AM
  • Murder at Granite Falls (Big Sky Series, #4)
  • Protecting Her Own (Guardians, Inc., #2)
  • Code of Justice
  • Out of Time (Texas Ranger Justice, #6)
  • Double Identity
  • Behind the Badge (The Morgan Brothers, #2)
  • Threat of Exposure (Texas Ranger Justice, #5)
  • Undercover Pursuit (Missions of Mercy #3)
  • Covert Pursuit
  • Face of Danger
  • Fatal Secrets  (Protecting the Witnesses , #5)
  • Witness on the Run
  • Lost Legacy (Treasure Seekers #1)
  • Risky Reunion (Protecting the Witnesses, #6)
Award-winning author Stephanie Newton lives in Alabama with her pastor husband and three children, aged 23 months to 21 years. A Southern girl through and through, she loves sweet tea, SEC football, corn on the cob and air conditioning. She’s written eight books for Harlequin’s Love Inspired Suspense line.
More about Stephanie Newton...

Emerald Coast 911 (7 books)
  • Perfect Target (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #142) (Emerald Coast 911, #1
  • Moving Target (Emerald Coast 911, #2) (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #161)
  • Smoke Screen (Emerald Coast 911, #3) (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #181)
  • Flashpoint (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #204) (Emerald Coast 911, #4)
  • Holiday Havoc: Yuletide Sanctuary\Christmas Target (Emerald Coast 911, #5)
  • The Baby's Bodyguard