Point Blank Protector (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense)(Emerald Coast 911, #6)

Point Blank Protector (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense) (Emerald Coast 911 #6)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  123 ratings  ·  23 reviews
With his cover blown, former DEA Agent Tyler Clark has nothing but time on his hands. Time--and orders--to see the police psychologist before taking a new case. Gracie VanDoren's cheerful determination to help him drives Tyler up the wall...right up until a threatening letter has Gracie's sunshiny demeanor giving way to fear. As the threats escalate, both realize someone h...more
Published April 5th 2011 (first published January 1st 2011)

Be the first to ask a question about Point Blank Protector (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense)

Judy
Stephanie continues to hold the readers attention in this series with the sixth book in the Emerald Coast 911 series. There is plenty of suspense and surprises around each corner. We get to enjoy uniting with friends from the previous books. Her characters come alive each with their own personalities and quirks.

We met Tyler Clark in Flashpoint. Matt's older brother had been gone for three years as he had been undercover as a DEA agent. His cover was blown with the drug bust and now he has to fin...more
Cathy Beckett
I enjoyed this quick, fun read. The story flowed with an ease that made it interesting.
Tyler Clark is ex-DEA agent who is being forced to go see the police psychologist before he can become a consultant for the police in his home town. He doesn't have the best attitude going in but things change. Tyler had been deep undercover when his cover was blown. He is now trying to become a consultant for the police in his hometown.

Gracie VanDoren is the psychologist/profiler that Tyler has to convince t...more
Carolyn
Well, I don't know what I was expecting when I read this book, but it was...moderately exciting. The hero in the story had a past with the DEA, but came back to his hometown wanting a normal life, and the heroine 'Miss Sunshine' the police department psychologist did not do dating and was waiting for Mr. Right. Her problem was finding out about a terrible secret her father kept from her. Now, there's nothing wrong with waiting for Mr. Right, but not dating? I thought that was just a little too m...more
Christy
4 out of 5 stars. Tyler moves back into town after his cover .was blown on previous assignment. He hadn't expected to meet (or fall) for the pretty, young psychologist (Gracie). Tyler is smitten by Gracie'e happy, bubbly personality from the very beginning.

Gracie, wants to wait for the "right person" initially treats their relationship as nothing special but feels a strong attraction to Tyler. When Gracie starts getting threatening letters in the mail, Tyler tries to help. Then things get even...more
Charline Bonham
Former DEA agent is between jobs when psychologist Gracie VanDoren needs help. Someone is threatening her but she had not taken it serious. Tyler Clark wants to protect her but can he protect his heart. Both has issues with the past and may be what the other needs to move on. I like when the women show common sense and are strong. Gracie is strong but is facing odds she didn't expect.
Stephanie
This was one of my favorite LIS books. I loved how the story unfolded, and had been waiting to the chance to read about Tyler's story after he appeared in his brother, Matt's, story. Great addition to the LIS stories, and a must read for any fan of Love Inspired Suspense, type stories!
Carolyn E
Nov 10, 2011 Carolyn E rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Point Blank Protector (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #241) by Stephanie Newton is the first book I have read by Stephanie Newton and the first one I have read in the "Emerald Coast 911" series. As with most "Love Inspired Suspense" books, I really enjoyed this one. It has a bit of a surprise ending that I never anticipated. I am looking forward to reading more by this author.
Susan
2 1/2 stars, kind of blah.
Brittany
An enjoyable read, nothing too romantic, preachy or suspenseful. I did like how an idea mentioned in the middle of this book turned out in the end.
Glenajo
Love Inspired is always good, but I particularly enjoyed this one. The characters are interesting, and the premise creates the suspense that makes the story. Tyler’s family adds another angle that gets deeper with the other books in the series. This is a good, quick read, just right for an evening of totally enjoyable reading since you won’t want to put it down.
Michelle Kidwell
Suspense intrigue and romance color point blank protector, when DEA agent Tyler Clark is told he needs to see a psychologist Gracie VanDoren he doesn't expect it to end up being a relationship that leads him and his family into danger, will he find the risk worth it?? Find out by reading Point Blank Protector, you won't be dissapointed!!!
Judine
Personally, I like the way Gracie's decision for celebacy was handled and thought Tyler's reaction to it was sweet, but it might come across as a bit preachy to some readers. Overall, though, it was a fun read.
Kathleen Sprout
I don't read a lot of category romances, but this was well written and enjoyable. The characters were likable, andthe plot balanced the suspense and romance perfectly. I'll be looking for more from this author.
Melody
I was hooked on this book from page one. I had a hard time putting it down to go to bed. :) It is the first one I have read from this series, and I for sure now need to read the others!
Christine Hayes
Found the main character,Grace, to be stupid at times. Really annoying,I did enjoy Tyler's relationship with his family.
Sami
This was an amazing book there is another book to this series call A Baby's Bodyguard! that one is amazing too
Leticia
I am not fond of romantic thrillers, and my reservations about this book relate mostly to that fact.
Nina
another one from Love insprired supense, really good.
Ruth
edge of my seat suspense...what a twist at the end.
Amos
good read, Christian but not too preachy....
Judie Dooley
a quick-nice read. Good for taking to the beach--
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Emerald Coast 911
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Emerald Coast 911
Laura Potter
Laura Potter marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Kristy
Kristy added it
Jul 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Steph lives in Northwest Florida and gains lots of inspiration from the sugar white sand, aqua blue-green water of the Gulf of Mexico and the many, many unusual things you see when you live on the beach. When she's not in her chair with her laptop, she can most often be found enjoying the water with her family, or at church, where she makes the coffee and her husband preaches the sermons.
More about Stephanie Newton...
The Widow's Protector (Fitzgerald Bay, #4) Flashpoint (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #204) (Emerald Coast 911, #4) Baby's Bodyguard Perfect Target (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #142) (Emerald Coast 911, #1 Moving Target (Emerald Coast 911, #2) (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #161)