Start by marking “The Complete Idiot's Guide to Acupuncture & Acupressure” as Want to Read:
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Acupuncture & Acupressure

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Acupuncture & Acupressure

2.87 of 5 stars 2.87  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  2 reviews

If you are interested in knowning more about acupressure and acupuncture, this guide covers all aspects of treatment from choosing a practitioner to follow-up excercises. It provides a comprehensive listing of medical ailments from acne to menopause that can be healed naturally.

Published August 9th 2000 by Penguin Group (USA)

Be the first to ask a question about The Complete Idiot's Guide to Acupuncture & Acupressure

I ended up only skimming most of this book. I wanted an overview of traditional Chinese medicine and this is just a scattershot approach, with different chapters focusing on specific types of complaints. The standard "Idiot's" sound-bite sort of formula has been very successful and is often just what people want. I found it annoyingly limiting in this case, tho.
Bonnie
This is an excellent reference and beginners guide to acupressure, but I expected more of an anatomical overview of the pressure points, as well as an explanation of what these points affect elsewhere in the body. If I wanted to become well versed in acupressure for my own benefit or to help others, I'd need to read another more in-depth book.
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Masbc
Masbc marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Debbie
Debbie added it
May 31, 2014
Colleen
Colleen marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2014
Senel Yurtsever
Senel Yurtsever marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2013
Maša
Maša marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2013
Reivanna
Reivanna marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2013
Robert DuPuy
Robert DuPuy marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2013
Angie
Angie marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2012
Hana
Hana added it
Apr 29, 2013
Mysterium
Mysterium marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2011
Vesra (When She Reads)
Vesra (When She Reads) marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2011
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2011
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Homeopathy The Complete Guide To Homeopathy: Prepared For Use By Stratford Career Institute