Start by marking “Arthur's Funny Money” as Want to Read:
Arthur's Funny Money

Arthur's Funny Money (Arthur the Chimpanzee)

3.73  ·  Rating Details  ·  77 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
‘An hilarious account of Arthur’s attempts to earn enough money to buy a T-shirt and cap, assisted by his sister Violet. Simple business concepts are ingeniously woven into the story. This marvelous book will capture the interest of eager learners and creative teachers.’ —YC. Children's Choices for 1982 (IRA/CBC)
Children's Books of 1981 (Library of Congress)
Paperback
Published April 11th 1984 by HarperCollins (first published October 1st 1981)

To ask other readers questions about Arthur's Funny Money, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Arthur's Funny Money

Kathryn
Sep 16, 2010 Kathryn rated it really liked it
While there is nothing remarkable in the telling, this is another story that stood out for me as a kid. I was fascinated by the little bicycle wash business Arthur started, and all the little details that went into running it--and how careful you have to be about money and business! I still think it's a great introduction to business for young children, with everything from supply-and-demand to marketing to profit margins touched upon in an easy-to-understand story.
Rosa Cline
Jan 19, 2016 Rosa Cline rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids
Arthur the monkey and his little sister are always fun to read about! I remember reading them when I was a little girl and now my 4 year old granddaughter and I enjoy reading about them too.

In this one Arthur is trying to figure out how to come up with money to buy something he really wants. His sister gives him ideas and he and her work toward his goal. All the while learning as they go.

What I love about these books is as siblings they always help one another, and share whatever they have at t
Pynteya Bate
Mar 01, 2011 Pynteya Bate rated it liked it
Shelves: math
Arthur wants to buy Frisbees T-shirt and cap to match, but he doesn’t have enough money. Arthur’s sister has a trouble with math. Both of them go through journey of learning count pennies. I like this book, I think it will be good to use for the math class to teach students adding and subtracting.
Rachel
Nov 18, 2010 Rachel added it
Shelves: math
Great book to use in Math for money. Arthur wants to buy a shirt and a cap but doesn't have enough money. So his little sister, who is having trouble with her math has a great idea for both of their problems.
Miriam
Aug 08, 2009 Miriam rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Parents who want their kids to learn arithmetic
Shelves: picture
Learn to manage your money, because the people around you are a bunch of jerks who will take advantage of you if they can.
Hermioniem
OH MY GOD, I REMEMBER THE TITLE NOW!! I looved this book when I was little. XD The illustrations were adorable.
Micah Panaligan
Jul 21, 2010 Micah Panaligan rated it it was ok
What I learned from this book is counting money,subtracting,and adding.
Bea
Dec 03, 2013 Bea rated it really liked it
Shelves: from-school
Again for school 11/2013
J.
J. is currently reading it
Jul 18, 2016
Teresa
Teresa rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2016
Beth
Beth added it
Jun 29, 2016
Anjali
Anjali rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2016
Bob Wu
Bob Wu is currently reading it
May 31, 2016
Susan
Susan rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2016
Tiffany Matthews
Tiffany Matthews marked it as to-read
May 16, 2016
Brian Weisfeld
Brian Weisfeld rated it really liked it
May 13, 2016
Dennis Schvejda
Dennis Schvejda rated it really liked it
May 02, 2016
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2016
koza
koza added it
Apr 24, 2016
Alexandra
Alexandra rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2016
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2016
Leslie
Leslie added it
Mar 24, 2016
Chelsea Wright
Chelsea Wright marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
The youngest of three children, Lillian Hoban was born in Philadelphia on May 18, 1925. She attended the Philadelphia Museum School of Art, studied dance for ten years (and danced with the Martha Graham dancers), taught Modern Dance and danced professionally in the 1950s.
She learned to draw still life and began to write her own stories only after having children (Phoebe, Brom, Esme and Julia), and
More about Lillian Hoban...

Arthur the Chimpanzee (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Arthur's Honey Bear