Arthur's Funny Money

Arthur's Funny Money

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  49 ratings  ·  8 reviews
‘An hilarious account of Arthur’s attempts to earn enough money to buy a T-shirt and cap, assisted by his sister Violet. Simple business concepts are ingeniously woven into the story. This marvelous book will capture the interest of eager learners and creative teachers.’ —YC. Children's Choices for 1982 (IRA/CBC)
Children's Books of 1981 (Library of Congress)
Paperback
Published April 11th 1984 by HarperCollins (first published October 1st 1981)

To ask other readers questions about Arthur's Funny Money, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Arthur's Funny Money

Kathryn
While there is nothing remarkable in the telling, this is another story that stood out for me as a kid. I was fascinated by the little bicycle wash business Arthur started, and all the little details that went into running it--and how careful you have to be about money and business! I still think it's a great introduction to business for young children, with everything from supply-and-demand to marketing to profit margins touched upon in an easy-to-understand story.
Pynteya Bate
Arthur wants to buy Frisbees T-shirt and cap to match, but he doesn’t have enough money. Arthur’s sister has a trouble with math. Both of them go through journey of learning count pennies. I like this book, I think it will be good to use for the math class to teach students adding and subtracting.
Rachel
Nov 18, 2010 Rachel added it
Shelves: math
Great book to use in Math for money. Arthur wants to buy a shirt and a cap but doesn't have enough money. So his little sister, who is having trouble with her math has a great idea for both of their problems.
Miriam
Aug 08, 2009 Miriam rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Parents who want their kids to learn arithmetic
Shelves: picture
Learn to manage your money, because the people around you are a bunch of jerks who will take advantage of you if they can.
Hermioniem
OH MY GOD, I REMEMBER THE TITLE NOW!! I looved this book when I was little. XD The illustrations were adorable.
Micah Panaligan
What I learned from this book is counting money,subtracting,and adding.
Bea
Again for school 11/2013
Micah
Micah added it
Aug 10, 2014
Tyler Williams
Tyler Williams marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Aquarando
Aquarando marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2014
Amanda Brooks
Amanda Brooks marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2014
Amy Nicole
Amy Nicole marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2014
许馨茹
许馨茹 marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2014
Bora
Bora marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2013
Cheryl
Cheryl added it
Nov 22, 2013
Sandra Pfeifer
Sandra Pfeifer marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2013
Ryan
Ryan added it
Oct 10, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The youngest of three children, Lillian Hoban was born in Philadelphia on May 18, 1925. She attended the Philadelphia Museum School of Art, studied dance for ten years (and danced with the Martha Graham dancers), taught Modern Dance and danced professionally in the 1950s.
She learned to draw still life and began to write her own stories only after having children (Phoebe, Brom, Esme and Julia), and...more
More about Lillian Hoban...
Arthur's Honey Bear Arthur's Pen Pal Arthur's Loose Tooth Silly Tilly's Thanksgiving Dinner Arthur's Prize Reader