Start by marking “The FSG Book of Twentieth-Century Latin American Poetry: An Anthology” as Want to Read:
The FSG Book of Twentieth-Century Latin American Poetry: An Anthology

The FSG Book of Twentieth-Century Latin American Poetry: An Anthology

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  27 ratings  ·  7 reviews
A majorbilingual anthology of twentieth-century Latin American poetry

During a century of extraordinary change, poets became the chroniclers of deep polarizations. From Rubén Darío’s quest to renew the Spanish language to César Vallejo’s linking of religion and politics, from Jorge Luis Borges’s cosmopolitanism to Pablo Neruda’s placement of poetry as uncompromising speaker...more
Published March 29th 2011 by Farrar, Straus and Giroux

Be the first to ask a question about The FSG Book of Twentieth-Century Latin American Poetry

Karlo Mikhail
Great compilation of Latin American poetry. A wide-ranging selection by poets I've been meaning to read more from and poets I just encountered in this book.
emm
I won this book from Goodreads giveaway. A great collection of Latin American poetry and I also enjoyed the fact that it was a bilingual edition (a great way to brush up on my Spanish).
Ashley
I'm generally not a fan of poetry collections. But this one was pretty awesome. Also, it gave me an excuse to brush up on my Spanish.
Nick
protip: if you're making a bilingual anthology, don't somehow leave out the translation for one of the poems.
Victoria
I loved this book and even found some great new favorite poets!
Miami University Libraries
King Library (2nd floor) | PQ7087.E5 F78 2011
Rob
i can't stop reading this!
Paul Rodriguez
Paul Rodriguez marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
Burnt Sienna
Burnt Sienna marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
M.
M. marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
Thalia
Thalia is currently reading it
Sep 07, 2014
Marly
Marly added it
Jul 25, 2014
Wren
Wren marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Jainio
Jainio is currently reading it
Jul 10, 2014
John Nooney
John Nooney marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Peter N.
Peter N. marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Tom
Tom marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Sattar-ips
Sattar-ips marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Marlena
Marlena marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Jen Kervin
Jen Kervin marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2014
Yudan Liu
Yudan Liu marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
Fran
Fran marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
The
The marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
A
A added it
Mar 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Ilan Stavans is the Lewis-Sebring Professor in Latin American and Latino Culture at Amherst College. An award-winning writer and public television host, his books include Growing Up Latino and Spanglish. A native of Mexico City, he lives in Amherst, Massachusetts.
More about Ilan Stavans...
Critical Insights: One Hundred Years of Solitude Latino USA: A Cartoon History El Iluminado: A Graphic Novel Resurrecting Hebrew (Jewish Encounters) On Borrowed Words: A Memoir of Language