Start by marking “Experience” as Want to Read:
Experience

Experience

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  12 reviews
This new sequel to Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice spirits the reader away to Regency England, beginning as Darcy and Elizabeth arrive at Pemberley on their honeymoon. But Elizabeth had captured the heart of more than one man...what will that man's swift arrival at Pemberley mean for the Darcys? Lady Catherine de Bourgh is intent on capturing a husband, with or without h ...more
Published February 22nd 2011 by Bluebell Publishing (first published December 20th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Experience, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Experience

Kristie (fabk)
I won this book in a goodreads giveaway. I must start with saying this is the first "sequel" to Pride & Prejudice that I have read, so cannot make any comparisons to others.
I really really enjoyed this book. The tone and writing style was very similar to P&P.
I read that some people felt it was just a reworking of the last chapter of P&P. I agree, but in a good way. It was nice to get more detail on the lives of the Bennet girls. Who they became and what became of them. I believe th
Christy
Loved it!!!! The book pulled me in right away to the life of Elizabeth and Darcy and the whole Bennet family. I absolutely recommend it to everyone who loves Jane Austen and Pride and Prejudice!!
Christy
Katherine
My favorite quote in this book is something Mary Bennett said: "There is no more lovely friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage and that that marriage halves our griefs and doubles our joy." This is the sense of the novel that Darcy and Elizabeth are enjoying a marriage of contentment and bliss that is implied but not elaborated on.
Interesting sequel to P&P as it goes into depth of what happens to each of our sub-characters from P&P such as Caroline,
Tara Lee
I just finished reading Experience by Meg Kerr and I have to say, I was blown away. Meg is a modern author writing effortlessly in the style of Jane Austen. I absolutely loved it. I got to spend time with some of my favorite characters again in a totally new way. I may have actually enjoyed this more than the original... it is a strong possibility.

Where Pride & Prejudice was mainly focused on Elizabeth Bennett, Experience gave you a little bit of EVERYONE. Some of the characters that served
Kim
Picking up during the last chapter of Pride and Prejudice, we follow Darcy and Lizzie back to Pemberley for the beginning of the rest of their lives together. Shortly after their arrival, the holidays come, and with them brings the visit of Col. Fitzwilliam to Pemberley. We find out that Fitzwilliam is madly in love with Lizzy and decides to express himself to her fully, not concealing his previous wish to ask Elizabeth to marry him. After discussing the issue with Elizabeth and then Darcy, it i ...more
Gregandemy
2 stars- it was really just OK for me..
I'm drawn to, but also leery, of books based on Austen. A few (A Jane Austen Education and the Confession of Fitzwilliam Darcy) have been really good and enjoyable, but most are disappointing (Jane Austen in Scarsdale, Pride & Prejudice & Zombies..) Experience, unfortunately, falls under the latter category for me. If you are going to write a novel based on Austen, then you set yourself and your book up to comparison with Austen and her works. This
Kate
Warning. Don't read the prologue. It pretty much told you everything that would happen in the book. As a result, I found the book highly repetitive. I enjoyed the story that she created, but I think too much time was spent tying in politics and current events. And the letter writing got a little old. I mean, when you have Lizzie say "I must write my sister and explain every aspect of our trip" instead of just incorporating it into the story, it breaks up the flow of the book. It was almost as if ...more
Victoria
I was very pleased with the majority of this story, especially Kitty's. I liked how when the story is the focus of the secondary character's we weren't peppered with details about Elizabeth and Darcy. I think Meg Kerr did an excellent job of turning them into secondary characters.

I did find that the story dragged a bit, especially concerning Mary's storyline, but I did enjoy her characterization, as well as the characterization of other characters that we only had a glimpse at in the original wo
Nicole
The only reason I gave this book two stars is because I was not appalled enough to set it aside unfinished. But I was close and found it extremely lacking. The word that keeps emerging in my mind to describe this continuation is dry. I was very annoyed with the author having the wives referring to their husbands by their last names, very impersonal and not fitting with the time period.
Fanny
I entered to win this book in a giveaway and was psyched when I won. Well, my excitement quickly faded. I just found the prose and premise of the book extremely dull. Perhaps its just not my cup of tea. I suggest you peruse the book and read a few pages to see if it captures your interest before buying it.
I was told not to read the prologue. I did. Opps. Reading the prologue was pretty much reading the entire book. I felt that the story kept repeating itself which was extremely annoying and I could not wait the story to end.
Alana
Mar 20, 2011 Alana marked it as to-read
This is EXACTLY the kind of book I was hoping for after I read Pride and Prejudice a few months ago! I soooooo hope I win this giveaway! (Though either way I'm going to read it...)
Liz Wharton
Liz Wharton marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
Jenn M
Jenn M marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Amy Williams
Amy Williams marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
Lois Bondora
Lois Bondora marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Mary Bronson
Mary Bronson marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Alaina
Alaina marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Jlim
Jlim marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Chiara Lanzi
Chiara Lanzi marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Rachel Johnson
Rachel Johnson marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Anastasia
Anastasia marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Erna
Erna marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
Not another one! 1 7 Jun 16, 2011 05:42AM
  • A Walk in the Meadows at Rosings Park
  • The Road to Pemberley: An Anthology of New Pride and Prejudice Stories
  • A Marriage Worth The Earning: ~To Have And To Hold~
  • And This Our Life (Chronicles of the Darcy Family #1)
  • Mr. Darcy's Proposal
  • Expectations of Happiness: A Companion Volume to Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility
  • The Future Mrs. Darcy (Given Good Principles, #2)
  • To Have His Cake (and Eat It Too): Mr. Darcy's Tale
  • Sons and Daughters (Darcy and Fitzwilliam #2)
  • Excessively Diverted: The Sequel to Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice