Start by marking “The Pleasure Garden” as Want to Read:

3.59  ·  Rating Details  ·  88 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
Many lifetimes ago, the beautiful May Queen exquisite seduction not with her husband, but in the arms of the Green Man—the passionate ruler of all that is warm and light. And thus began the earth's most torrid love triangle.

Now three women of diverse eras are drawn to the mystical site of the Celtic queen's tragic demise. Their fiery obsession ignited by Beltane Magic is b
Kindle Edition
Published (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Pleasure Garden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pleasure Garden

Rane
Mar 05, 2011 Rane rated it really liked it

Long ago a May Queen fell for the seduction and love of the Green May, but she promised to the Winter King. When the King finds out about the lovers, he becomes enraged, cursing the Green Man into stone in the garden where the lovers met and embraced while the May Queen without her lover by her side kills herself in her beloved garden. Now in order to free not only himself by his beloved queen and reunite, the Green Man must use his magic on bring together three lovers to break the curse…
Span
Christine
Mar 24, 2011 Christine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, galley
Sacred Vows by Amanda McIntyre - 3 stars
I liked Cara, but I saw Edmund as the weaker character in the couple because of how easily he gave Cara up. Plus she goes through something much more intense with grace. I realize the necessity of getting them together so soon, but still, it was really quick.

Perfumed Pleasure by Charlotte Featherstone - 3 stars
Although this story fit my reading tastes a lot more than the first (in love for a long time with each other), Charlotte had a tendency to switch PO
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
The Pleasure Garden is a combination of 3 novellas all of which take place in the same garden in different time periods.

First was the story of Cara and Edmund. Taking place during a time where loving each other is forbidden by the laws of their country. Edmund must decide to either fulfill his his religious obligations and lose his one true love or runaway with his one true love and face treason and all while being betrayed by his best friend.

This one got off to a slow start and only slightly r
Jody
Apr 13, 2011 Jody rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Pleasure Garden is an intriguing anthology with three stories from different time periods, but all revolving around the myth of the Winter Queen and her forbidden love for the Green Man which ends in tragedy. The cuckolded King sees the Green Man turned to stone which leads the Queen to kill herself. While the two lovers were together the garden bloomed, but upon the loss of their love the garden dies. To bring the curse to an end, the Green Man must bring three lovers together which will al ...more
Kari
Apr 12, 2011 Kari rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, 2011
The Pleasure Garden contains three novellas, each taking place in the same garden, but in a different time.

Sacred Vows is Cara's and Edmund's tale. It takes place during a time when their relationship was forbidden due to the laws in England at the time. I likes this tale the least of the three. I had a hard time believing that Cara could be so caught up in the 'magic' of the garden that she would give up her virginity so easily to a man she met minutes before then be instantly in love with him.
Kristi
Oct 09, 2011 Kristi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Liked this one. Much different than the romance novels that I'm used to reading. I mean I'm all for sexy times, but I guess I like to see the characters develop and fall in love first.

My favorite story was the last one!

Will definitely be looking for more works from these authors in the future!
Jess the Romanceaholic
This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Expected Release Date: Available Now!
Publisher: Harlequin
Imprint: Spice
Author’s Website: http://www.amandamcintyre.net/
My Source for This Book: Netgalley
Part of a Series: No
Steam Level: Hot to Scorching

I'll be honest. I had this book for quite some time before I actually finished it. Even though the premise appealed to me, I had a hard time getting into it, es
Crystal
Jan 27, 2011 Crystal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People over 18
Sacred Vows by Amanda McIntyre
Perfumed Pleasure by Charlotte Featherstone
Rites of Passion by Kristi Astor

Thank you Harlequin and netGalley for this hot book.

The Pleasure Garden
The May Queen has fallen in love with the Green Man but she was betrothed to the Winter King. The May Queen and the Green Man consumed their love in a beautiful Garden, before the Queen was able to break-off her engagement to the King, he discovered their affair and publicly humiliated the Queen and cha
Bj Gaskill
May 02, 2011 Bj Gaskill rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is actually in three parts, all three written in different eras and by different authors. Each story has an outcome to the main storyline, but none interact with the other, which takes this book on an amazing adventure.
The first story, by far my favorite, involves a Celtic maiden and an English man during the Beltane festival. Years later that same woman had a secret and his so called GOOD friend has a plan of his own.
I truly love Edmund....and wanted to spit Gregory!!!!! Amanda McInty
Angela
Mar 08, 2011 Angela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Pleasure Garden is a fairy tale for adults. It's an erotic compilation of three stories. Sacred Vows by Amanda McIntyre, Perfumed Pleasures by Charlotte Featherstone and Rites of Passion by Kristi Asto.

All three tales are woven together around a magical garden that holds the soul of the Green Man and his lady love, the May Queen. Long ago there was a king, called the Winter King and his promised queen. The queen fell in love with the green man and they shared passionate love inside this gar
Heather
Aug 01, 2012 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012, kindle
Nice little steamy shorts- one before bed

Review by Harriet Klausner from Amazon

"Sacred Vows" by Amanda McIntyre. In Dublin, the law forbids the mingling of Gaels and English nobles. However, Cara risks her life by breaking the taboo because she believes Edmund is her beloved though he is bound for the priesthood.

"Perfumed Pleasures" by Charlotte Featherstone. Before Joscelyn left to fight in the Crimean War, he and Catherine the heir to Fairfax House were lovers. Now in 1856 he comes back scarre
TheGeekyBlogger
Received from NetGalley
(18+ Read) Actual Rating: 3.5

There are 3 stories in the book so I am going to divide them down:

1) Cara's Story: Sacred Vows by Amanda McIntyre (3.5 Wine Glasses)

How was the steamy: Edmund and Cara sizzled from very early on in the story. Their initial attraction was both sensual and forbidden which made their coupling that much more intense. The author was very good at bringing that simmering heat between them to the surface.

How was the story: This is a fairy tale for adul
Cleffairy
Apr 02, 2011 Cleffairy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review published at: The Library of Lights

Date reviewed: 8th Feb 2011

Review link: http://mykindaland.com/?p=111

The Pleasure Garden is an anthology of stories written by Amanda McIntyre, Charlotte Featherstone, and Kristi Astor, and like the title suggested, it is indeed a pleasure ‘garden’. This book is filled with kinky, erotic stories where the theme forbidden lust/forbidden love is repeatedly emphasized. I’ve read a lot of erotica, but this one got to be one of the best I’ve ever read. It was
AJPattz
Aug 08, 2011 AJPattz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
These three separate stories, and authors, managed to blend a common theme in with very sexy writing. The story of the Green Man plays an important part in each story. Each group of lovers must come together and overcome obstacles for the garden to bloom and release the curse on the Green Man and his lover. Each story progresses in time and they all have a common theme of being centered around a time of war or conflict. In each story, lust blooms quickly and with it comes a true love that is tes ...more
Carla
Oct 08, 2011 Carla rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wish that in the anthologies one could rate each individual story - but overall, each tale had good/ok/great rating

Within the tale of Sacred Vows, the Beltane celebration has occurred and the Green Man magic brought two unlikely people together with an unlikely enemy in their circle.

Within Perfumed Pleasures, lies a story not just of the magical garden, but a tale of Beauty and the Beast.

And in the Rites of Passion, is a story of attration and love, the healing heart and green man garden.

The c
Bev
Apr 21, 2016 Bev rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it-- short sweet stories that spellbind just like Green man and May Queen herself.
May 12, 2011 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Since this book deals with Beltane, what other holiday would I start it on? Detailing the tragic story of the Winter King/Green Man/May Queen, this story spans over centuries and the lives of three sets of lovers. Hot, heart wrenching, and well researched from a Pagan point of view, this one isn't too be missed! I can't wait to start the Yule one when Winters comes back around!
Ashleigh
Aug 29, 2013 Ashleigh rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was honestly one of the best books I have read in quite some time! I loved all of the symbolism in it and the spiritualism. There are not many books out there that add romance and mysticism together. This book really hit home with me! The story as a whole was brilliant and the way the individual storied intwine is very pleasing. Certainly a keeper!
Ryu
Jun 25, 2012 Ryu rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The stories were well written, but I didn't find it very interesting. It was ok though, good enough short stories. I liked the idea though, about the three pairs of lovers needed for the Queen and Green Man to be together again. Only moral I really enjoyed about the story is that you should always follow your heart if you really want to be happy.
Cecilia Rodriguez
Mar 24, 2016 Cecilia Rodriguez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: anne-mcintyre
A collection of three short stories linked together by a myth involving Beltane and the Greenman.

My personal favorite is: Sacred Vows, which is set during the transition from Paganism to Christanity.

The stories are all steamy and earthy as befitting the theme.
adoree
Feb 22, 2012 adoree rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
La meilleure nouvelle est sans conteste celle de C Faetherstone! Caractères des personnages, niveau de sensualité, construction du récit: WOW!
Nancy
A little disappointed. Was supposed to be this week's smut book. But they forgot the smut. *le sigh* Not a bad read, though.
Connie Easlick
Oct 26, 2014 Connie Easlick rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sexual
Three stories in different eras, all about the same garden, with different couples.
They were all steamy!
Enjoy!
Cindy
May 24, 2012 Cindy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An OK summer read. Try not to think too much with the 1st story. The 3rd story is the best!
Susan
Feb 26, 2012 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
Layla Szczepaniec
Layla Szczepaniec marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
Carey
Carey marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
  • The Wedding of the Century & Other Stories
  • Lady of Seduction (The Daughters of Erin, #3)
  • Laird of Darkness
  • The Perfect Scandal (Scandal, #3)
  • Mists of Velvet (Annwyn Chronicles, #2)
  • Endless Night
  • Protective Custody
  • A Marriage of Inconvenience (The Arringtons and Wright-Gordons, #1)
  • Dangerous Lord, Innocent Governess (Belston & Friends #2)
  • Holiday Hideout
  • The Bentleys Buy a Buick
  • Lennon: The Man, the Myth, the Music - The Definitive Life
519786
Amanda McIntyre’s passion is telling character-driven stories with a penchant for placing ordinary people placed in extraordinary situations.

A bestselling author, her work is published internationally in print, E-book, and audio. She writes sizzling contemporary and erotic historical romance and believes no matter what, love will find a way.

Learn more at : www.amandamcintyresbooks.com and Amanda
More about Amanda McIntyre...