Start by marking “Reconstructing Meredith” as Want to Read:
Reconstructing Meredith

Reconstructing Meredith

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  133 ratings  ·  24 reviews
“Scott, I need your help.”

Five words from a woman he hasn’t seen in five years, and Scott Moore’s world is thrown off its axis. Ex-girlfriend Meredith has resurfaced with a past full of horrific abuse at the hands of a man who called himself a Dom, and she has the scars to prove it. Now she needs Scott’s help to reclaim her sexuality and put the past behind her.

Scott is m
Published (first published March 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Reconstructing Meredith, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reconstructing Meredith

I have to be this ultimate oddball… I had to stop reading this only a couple chapters into the book. I can wrap my head around the whole sharing and manage and multiples, but what I can’t get my head around are these Lauren Gallagher books. I read Light Switch a couple weeks ago and really like it… was a bit hard for me to totally get behind the story but it was still well written and it didn’t push me too hard. It was from the perspective of Kristen, and this book is a follow up and it’s from S ...more
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
I loved Scott in Light Switch. This book, I did not enjoy at all. It was a difficult read. It wasn't the fact that Meredith was one fucked up woman by her sadistic abusive ex-husband. It was more the fact that I felt that Scott was being used big time. He's the one that has to totally readjust his life to help her move on. This was painful to read about. There was no smexy scenes for me. The entire book was a turn off. I didn't want to have anything to do with Meredith. What she asked of Scott I ...more
Kristen (Peddler of Smut)
I made the mistake of reading this book first before reading Light Switch, the book that introduces Scott. Even though I understood the plot and grasped the character's histories, I felt I missed some crucial backstory information. For that reason, I highly suggest reading Light Switch first.

Overall, I enjoyed this book. I did have issues with Scott's abundance of polyamorous and D/s relationships. I love polyamorous stories, but I prefer the individuals involved to be committed to only each oth
Michael Dunellen
I love the way this started - picking up a few hands after the last book ended.

So way back when Scott and Meredith were Lovers - they actually lived together for two years. And then things didn’t work out and they drifted apart. And then one day, Meredith just went away.

It turns out it wasn’t by choice.

Meredith met a man who grabbed hold of her and never let her go. Locked her away in his dungeon and didn’t let her out until she was his slave. Until even when they went out in public he knew she
L.A. Witt
Reprint of previously published edition.
Laura (Kyahgirl)
3.5/5 B+

I like Lauren Gallagher's voice. Her stories feel real. I'm glad I read this book right after reading Light Switch because the people's lives are intertwined.

Its weird, but this book didn't really 'feel' like an erotica story so much as a psychology story with a main theme of healing after extreme abuse/torture. I guess one of the main thing about all these BDSM books I've been reading lately is that I'm fascinated by the way people think, react, feel, and grow through living the lifesty
Christi Snow
My Review:
This was a really powerful story. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to enjoy it because it's really serious stuff that this couple is dealing with, but I absolutely LOVED this book.

Everything about this book was different. Scott is a Dom who has a couple of girlfriends. They also have a couple of boyfriends each. Seven years ago, he dated Meredith and although their breakup was amicable, it was not what he wanted. He never got over her and has always wondered what happened when s
I did enjoy this book, although I was somewhat torn and really struggled while reading it.

My feelings are not attributed to ‘wrapping my head around and actually getting’ polyamorous relationships and its unique perspectives. I get it—I really do.

Nevertheless, I just couldn’t put my finger on ‘not feeling it’... and after careful consideration; I think I will place the blame squarely on –Meredith! I understand the trauma she went through. I understand the process of gaining her life and sexualit
I didn't read any of the reviews before I started this book. I wish I would have. I was content from Light Switch that Scott was in a new relationship, and happy. I couldn't wrap my head around this book. I had to stop reading. Even though it's very well written, the story is not for me.
Not really sure about this - apart from Scott being the most fantastic Dom I have ever read about !! So caring, thoughtful, cleverly domineering.....mmmm yeah!

It was difficult reading about Meredith's past and her horrible ex - but it was uplifting in the way that she was determined to overcome all her psychoses - and I was rooting for her all the way.

This is the first time I've read such well-balanced polyamory; both Kristen and Matt came across as well-developed characters in themselves - it m
Oct 19, 2014 DA4Pups marked it as own-under-another-title
2 book bundle - Wanting Moore by Lauren Gallagher
Not sure what to say about this book. Meredith who has been in a marriage to a man who calls him self a Dom and really has no right to. What he has done to her and scars (both mental and physical)he has left made me cringe. At times I didn't know if I wanted to go on reading. I'm glad a I did get to watch her take her life back. Although I only read about this lifestyle,it made me think about real life and what could happen if you don't find the right person to trust. So important.
I had a hard time getting into this one for some reason. I did finish it but it was just OK I couldn't seem to get invested in Meredith and was disappointed in Scott and how he let his relationships with his other lovers fall apart.
Wonderful. Really enjoyed the interaction between Scott and Meredith. Plus there were scenes of D/s (with another character) that go absolutely perfectly, which you so rarely see in BDSM it seems to me. And the scenes with a second Dom were terrific, too.
J.A. Saare
I wasn't sure how I'd enjoy this one, as I'm a monogamy kind of girl in my reading. However, the polyamory works beautifully in this story. Scott is sexy as sin, and Meredith is the perfect broken heroine who finds herself and happiness once again.
I bailed on page 99. I really wanted to like this after reading a few reviews from GR friends but I just couldn't get into the storyline and I feel nothing for Meredith.... I'm abandoning it for now; maybe it's my mood. I'll return to it later.
Boxy Frown
Did not finish- it was too intense for me, especially coming off of Light Switch which was certainly lighter in subject matter. I plan to come back to it when I am in the mood for something a little darker.
The heroine of this story was so annoyingly self-centered that it was hard for me to finish the story. I wanted the hero to walk away and find someone less inclined to take advantage of him.

Zia Bautista
I don't even want to finish this anymore. It got boring. I loved Scott in Light Switch, I still love his character though, but the book is just...
3/5 stars, liked the first book more, but this was also a nice read, in 1 sitting, so that is telling a lot if you can't put it down :-))
L.A. Witt
Temporarily out of print. Reprint info TBA as soon as it's available.
eh. I'm not really a fan of books about abuse. I dunno why I read this one.
Very real. I liked that there was clear consent throughout.
Unforgettable. Loved this story
Pixie marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2015
Ella marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2015
Autumn marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2015
Delta marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2015
  • Unmasking Dorian (Jenners Law, #1)
  • My One
  • Rite of First Claim (Diablo Blanco Club, #3)
  • Purple Passion (Le Petit Mort #1)
  • Watch Me (Purgatory Club, #2)
  • Nisey's Awakening (Doms of Chicago, #1)
  • Safeword Rainbow (Safeword, #1)
  • Desert Surrender
  • By My Side (Safe Word: Oasis, #2)
  • Sodom and the Phoenix (Virtual Seduction, #2)
  • A Little Harmless Submission (Harmless, #6)
  • Snow White and the Seven Hunks
  • Accidental Slave
  • Shackled
  • Hurt Me So Good (The Connaghers #2)
  • Stranded
  • Begging For It (1-800-DOM-help)