Start by marking “Building Your Ideal Private Practice: A Guide for Therapists and Other Healing Professionals” as Want to Read:

In this book, psychotherapist and business coach Lynn Grodzki acts as your personal business coach and shows you how to build an ideal private practice—one that is both highly profitable and personally satisfying.

Today, being a talented professional is not enough to ensure the success of your private practice; you also need to be an enthusiastic, talented businessperson. G
Published April 17th 2000 by W. W. Norton & Company (first published April 15th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Building Your Ideal Private Practice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Building Your Ideal Private Practice

Bradley
Dec 24, 2016 Bradley rated it liked it
Some excellent thoughts. It could have shortened up on the new agey bits about positive self-statements and what not and focused more on the practical elements of running a business. However, in the parts about running a business there was a lot to learn and I will probably be returning to this in the future.

I always appreciate an author who has a strong voice and Lynn's voice is clear and articulate. I am grateful she wrote this book.
Joanna
May 15, 2015 Joanna rated it really liked it
Great for the therapist looking to start or build their practice. Reading this got me excited and energized. I have a feeling I will go back to the activities often to re-ignite my excitement and grow more as a business owner.
Julene
Jun 09, 2010 Julene rated it it was amazing
Shelves: psychology
Excellent book for anyone with an independent private practice, it gives courage and great ideas. It was recommended to me by someone who is now quite successful.
Will
Apr 23, 2012 Will rated it it was amazing
Lynn Grodzki provides a comprehensive road map to creating a thriving practice and maximizing your talents to help others.
LauraMaery
Jun 08, 2016 LauraMaery rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: practice-mngmt
While the bits about energy, attraction, asking "the universe," and magnetism seemed somewhat touchy-feely for a business book, there was enough practical advice to earn it four solid stars.

Renee
Feb 07, 2008 Renee is currently reading it
Ok, I'm only 2 chapters in, but I figure I need something to guide me through this new adventure in my life...
Larry Ousley
Larry Ousley rated it really liked it
May 21, 2014
Rosie
Rosie rated it it was amazing
Jun 09, 2013
Stephen Borgman
Stephen Borgman rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2016
Nick Lascelles
Nick Lascelles rated it it was ok
Jan 24, 2016
Beth
Beth rated it liked it
Dec 15, 2012
Cris
Cris rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2014
Linda
Linda rated it it was amazing
Oct 04, 2016
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Sep 28, 2011
Tiffany Harvey
Tiffany Harvey rated it did not like it
Aug 03, 2015
Annette Hodgson
Annette Hodgson rated it really liked it
Oct 29, 2016
Megan Clarke
Megan Clarke rated it it was amazing
Sep 29, 2016
Rosemary
Rosemary rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2014
Mattsmom
Mattsmom rated it it was amazing
Jul 26, 2016
Bwells
Bwells rated it really liked it
Jun 19, 2015
Maree Lovegrove
Maree Lovegrove rated it really liked it
Nov 06, 2015
Survivors
Survivors rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2009
Kory
Kory rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2011
Kelly Severson
Kelly Severson rated it really liked it
Mar 13, 2015
Pam Jackson
Pam Jackson rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2016
Tiffany Joy
Tiffany Joy rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2016
Booktea
Booktea rated it liked it
Jul 30, 2016
Tres Adames
Tres Adames rated it really liked it
Sep 01, 2013
jackie jones-alexander
jackie jones-alexander rated it really liked it
Mar 21, 2014
Jennifer Reynolds
Jennifer Reynolds rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2016