Start by marking “Changeling (Dreyfuss Trilogy #1)” as Want to Read:
Changeling (Dreyfuss Trilogy #1)

Changeling (Dreyfuss Trilogy #1)

Changeling

A young woman vanished from the streets, a life destroyed, her humanity a battle ground.

London, April 1987. Joanne is out for a night on the town and her plans go awry. She slips into a pub for a quick drink before going to see a film. Jonathon Dreyfuss is on the prowl, looking for something tasty to devour. He spots Joanne through the window. Joanne vanishes fr
Published April 10th 2011 by Ethics Trading (first published April 5th 2011)

Irene
Apr 18, 2011 Irene rated it it was amazing
I don't particularly like vampire stories but I loved this book. In the end, all that matters is whether and to what extent a book gives you that "can't put it down" feeling. I love when a book grabs me by the brain and won't let me go and this book succeeded mightily at this. About 1/4 of the way through I started to get the itch to put reading it above pretty much all other activities.

This book contains brutal violence which could be triggering for some readers, but it is never exploitative.
Angela
Aug 02, 2011 Angela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
2015 update- I changed my rating because I find myself thinking about this book all the time. So I can't deny the author a better rating. I'd give 5 stars if the sequel would ever come out. It's a forever cliff hanger but this book if still well worth the read. Just hope the rest of the trilogy comes out sooner rather then later.

Okay, I would like to 3star(I liked)this book but I have to say that it was ok because I just feel wrong to saying I liked it. The writer was no violently, disturbingly
Toni Rakestraw
Apr 29, 2011 Toni Rakestraw rated it it was amazing
The first vampire book I ever read was Dracula by Bram Stoker. Yes, the classic vampire tale. I found it thrilling and mesmerizing. Since then, I've managed to read a few other vampire tales, from Anne Rice's Louis and Lestat and Stephenie Meyer's Twilight to the monstrous creatures hiding among us in Jim Butcher's Dresden Files... none of them prepared me adequately for Morgan Gallagher's Changeling.

Morgan takes us to a place where vampires are cruel and sadistic. They have lost their humanity,
Cassandra (The book & movie dimension blogger)
--Full, review courtesy at Book & Movie Dimension a Blog--

For many readers this will surely be something but not of the books to pick up if you don't exactly like reading about violent situations or abusive circumstances. Its shocking. Terrifying horrific even. If your ok with Horror novels with these circumstances then your in for a magnificent book. If not this isn't a book for you.

Joanne Maitland a young woman that is kidnapped and finds herself in the arms of a crazy man by the name of D
Debi Faulkner
Apr 24, 2011 Debi Faulkner rated it it was amazing
Wow. This book was amazing. The mixture of action and internal emotions worked very well, though I have to admit that there were a couple of times I had to skim over some of the internal monologue parts, because they were just too much to take. But that was because the truth in there was . . . just too true and too painful.

But, the story was engaging, and the action (though absolutely brutal!) kept the story moving and the pacing was spot on!
Amy
Aug 01, 2011 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was lucky enough to win this book, and I enjoyed it. This was the first vampire book I have read. While it took a little getting used to, it was overall really good. Some of the decribed scenes were a little disturbing, but it made me keep reading because I felt bad to Joanne the main character and wanted to see what she would do, if she would/could get away, etc. This book was very well written, and based on the ending I do see myself readng the whole Triology
Justine
This one was my own fault. There were scenes early on that weren’t . . . um, my cup of tea. But it was listed as a horror story, so I assumed the plot would develop a bit more. Unfortunately it didn’t, and in my opinion, this should be clearly listed as erotica with a strong focus on BDSM and power-play. I did manage to finish it, but the subject matter wasn’t for me and the writing was rather poor. It took over nine sentences to say “She found the lamp and turned it on” and so much time was was ...more
Jenn
May 25, 2011 Jenn rated it did not like it
I really just could not get into this book past the sample and that says a lot since I ALWAYS finish a book no matter how horrible it may be. I love horror, don't mind gore but the personal violation that took place of the girl while unconscious just disturbed me.
Michelle
Jul 10, 2016 Michelle rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Too much fluff. I kept wishing the author would just get to it! It could have been so much better. Having said that, I will give the next book a chance, hoping it can redeem itself.
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was amazing
Jun 09, 2012
Laura rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2013
Katherine
Katherine rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2011
Sareena99
Sareena99 rated it it was amazing
Miranda Coman
Miranda Coman rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2011
Sarah Barnard
Sarah Barnard rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2011
Adriana Silva
Adriana Silva rated it really liked it
Nov 16, 2016
Rick Murcer
Rick Murcer rated it it was amazing
John
John rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2012
Blaise Kay
Blaise Kay rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2015
Gonneke
Gonneke rated it it was amazing
Atnewby
Atnewby rated it liked it
Oct 24, 2011
Roy Huff
Roy Huff rated it it was amazing
Apr 28, 2015
Onions
Onions rated it it was amazing
David L
David L rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2011
Helen Marshall
Helen Marshall rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2011
Doris O'Connor
Doris O'Connor rated it really liked it
Karen Graham
Karen Graham rated it it was amazing
Joy Mottram
Joy Mottram rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2011
Julie Bambico
Julie Bambico rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2011
Changeling - Author Interview with Morgan Gallagher 1 2 Sep 22, 2012 01:10PM
  • Clarity and Reason (Blood and Light Vampire, #4)
  • God's Eye
  • Anon (Anon Duology, #1)
  • Living in Darkness (Bloodbreeders, #1)
  • Forbidden Temptation of a Vampire: Sidhi Summer Camp Series
  • Reacquainted: A Sweet Deception
  • Diamond Eyes (Mira Chambers #1)
  • Rominus: The Initiation
  • Lost at the Con
  • Pandora's Box (Immortalis, #3)
  • Can You Keep a Secret? (Delicious, #1)
  • Seven Point Eight: The First Chronicle
  • The Lust Garden
  • The Pioneer Cookbook: Recipes for Today's Kitchen
  • A Season of Transformation
  • Sela (Leland Dragon #2)
  • The Goblin's Curse (Scions of Shadow Trilogy #3)
  • Crown of Vengeance