Start by marking “Bits of You & Pieces of Me” as Want to Read:
Bits of You & Pieces of Me

Read eBook

Bits of You & Pieces of Me

4.52  ·  Rating Details  ·  33 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
LOVE. FEAR. HATE. HOPE. LOVE. "She has learned to love. To fear. To hate. And then to love again. Through it all, she writes." Once Upon A Time There Was A Girl "Bits of You & Pieces of Me" is a collection of short stories, poetry & essays on life. While each piece stands alone, together the chapters tell the story of an idealistic girl in love with love who discov ...more
Published February 12th 2011 by Kimberly Kinrade

To ask other readers questions about Bits of You & Pieces of Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bits of You & Pieces of Me

Patti Larsen
Mar 26, 2011 Patti Larsen rated it it was amazing
I'm so happy to do this review. Kimberly is brilliant. Bits of You and Pieces of Me is horrible, marvelous, heart-wrenching and powerful. I'm in awe that she is so willing to tear open her soul and expose it to her readers. To share with such intimacy the facts and pain of her life as it was. This book is a collection of short stories and poetry as well as a few memoir slices of her life and observations. But no matter whether she's couched her story in fiction, lyrical voice or documentary it i ...more
Wanda Hartzenberg
Oct 11, 2015 Wanda Hartzenberg rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
A dark antholy about a womans experience with life.
Part poetry, part journal all to give a glimpse into what the author has experienced.

A fast read but a dark one. Nonetheless a book I would recoomend if purely for the novelty and quite brilliant execution of such a novel presentation.

WaAr
Brick ONeil
Jan 20, 2015 Brick ONeil rated it it was amazing
"Bits of you & Pieces of Me" by Kimberly Kinrade, ebook.
Desirai
Dec 07, 2011 Desirai rated it really liked it
I read a good portion of this book while I was designing the cover/formatting the pages. However it seemed like a good time to final read every single word the whole way through, and I'm so glad I did! It's a little frightening and sad to know some of the stories included were inspired by real life events but alas, that is often the life of a creative.

If you like poetry, short stories, journal entries but most of all Love, then you'll most likely enjoy this book.
Kimberly Gourgon
Jul 10, 2012 Kimberly Gourgon rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
I downloaded this as an e-book and was immediately floored by it. It's sweet, and poignant, and heart wrenching, and it moves me. I would recommend this to anyone. To EVERYONE, really. Amazing!
Jamie Boswell
it was heart wrenching in a good way ....it is one of my re-reads ......
Indie Books
Jun 19, 2011 Indie Books rated it it was amazing
Review From Amazon:

"Like an intimate conversation with an old friend. Part poetry, part confessional, part writers anthology, Kimberly Kinrade obviously pours her heart and soul into this work. To borrow an almost phrase from her book, she tells of the life she's lived through "Scary Telling" (to borrow a phrase from her). It may be jarring to some readers to switch so furiously from subject matter and genres, but it is refreshing to this reviewer. Your mind has no time to switch gears, so there
Jason
Aug 27, 2011 Jason rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-fiction
Bits of You & Pieces of Me is a collection of short stories and poems written with passion and power by a writer who is a true natural at the art. Kimberly does not shy away from the particularities of her life, both good and bad, but fully engages them in order to gain a better understanding of herself, her writing and her world. This book is neither depressing, nor superficially optimistic; instead, it shares with us the encouraging determination and keen insights of a fellow writer. Some ...more
Alex Laybourne
Nov 15, 2011 Alex Laybourne rated it it was amazing
Kimberly Kinrade may be on the way to becoming a famous author of YA fiction, it should not be forgotten however, that she also wrote a very honest and raw (semi) autobiographical book that talks about love.

Love is indeed a complex emotion, it can fill us with joy, yet it can hurt us, it can beat us down and break us. In a series of short stories, essays and poems, Kimberly Kindrade shows us love from both sides of the coin. The euphoria and the despair.

The pieces were written and collected ov
Dalene
Apr 22, 2013 Dalene rated it really liked it
There are so many things that I enjoyed about "Bits of You & Pieces of Me". The stories are very short yet very cute. Some surprised me, but I enjoyed them all equally. Kimberly Kinrade has a way with words. If you don't believe me look at some of my favorite quotes from the book:

“So happy riding. In rain or sunshine, be encouraged on your journey. And enjoy the view along the way. You never know what you will learn next."
“Maybe kindergarten does offer us everything we need to know, if only
Priscilla
Jan 17, 2012 Priscilla rated it really liked it
I received a copy of Bits of You & Pieces of Me as a winner of a first reads giveaway, and I was so excited to read it. The overall idea of the book is wonderful-- a story told in bits and pieces. A story told through a short story on one page, and a poem on the next. I enjoyed some parts of the story more than others, but that's expected with any book.

Bits of You & Pieces of Me tells the story of one womans journey from happiness through tragedy, heartache, and violence back to happine
Trista Siegel
Aug 15, 2011 Trista Siegel rated it really liked it
Even though this is definitely not my type of book, I really did enjoy it. I have to admit there were parts I felt bored because I missed my fantasy/science fiction books but some of the short stories were dark and mysterious. Each piece could stand on it's own and was just brought together to sort of tell this story about someone going through trials in life. I didn't have to force myself to read it so that is a great thing.

My favorite piece is The Minute. I just can relate to it and so many ot
Lisa M.  Gott
Jan 04, 2016 Lisa M. Gott rated it it was amazing
Kimberly Kinrade is a genius. Simply put. Bits of You & Pieces of Me is a work of literary art. It is a stunningly dark look into the deepest emotions that tug at us in our relationships.

A fine collection of short stories and poetry that will grab you at every word and hold you until the end, making you want more.

The works featured in Ms. Kinrade's debut are perfectly paced.

I will be looking forward to additional work from this very talented new author.
Heather Badgwell
Aug 31, 2011 Heather Badgwell rated it it was amazing
OMG. This book is amazing. Its basically poems and short stories. Its moving, heartfelt, touching. I was able to read this in a matter of less than an hour. I couldn't stop. I was moved to read a little more, then a little more. I felt like I truly knew the author. Like I was there, sitting next to her, seeing what she was seeing. Feeling what she felt. I would totally recommend this book! 5 out of 5 stars! Fell in love with this, in an instant!! ...more
Sumiyati
Jan 22, 2013 Sumiyati rated it it was amazing
As I read this collection of stories and poems I felt as if they were my thoughts and feelings. It was so easy to identify. I think most people, whether they admit it or not, have experienced the emotions that are evoked and buried memories brought to light and set free. This is a book I will read over and over again with a new perception of the words read every time.
Denise
Jun 08, 2011 Denise rated it really liked it
Very thought provoking and enjoyable series of shorts.
Ashley
Apr 13, 2013 Ashley rated it liked it
Meh.
Cheekylala_kindle
Cheekylala_kindle marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2016
Alexa Lux
Alexa Lux rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2016
Akhil
Akhil marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2015
Arie Smith
Arie Smith marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Jenny Oo
Jenny Oo marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
Alesha
Alesha marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
Denise
Denise rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2015
Shelly Long
Shelly Long marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Celeste Kwan
Celeste Kwan marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Hope Dee
Hope Dee marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
  • Forbidden Life (Forbidden, #3)
  • Splintered: Sierra's Legacy (The Eldwitch Chronicles, #1)
  • All About Eve
  • Doorway to the Triquetra (Children of Atlantis, #1)
  • Seduced by Lies (The Seduced Saga, #4)
  • Invisible Justice (Justice, #1)
  • Save My Soul (Preternaturals, #2)
  • The Last Chance Texaco
  • Indian Moon
  • Impeding Justice  (A Lorne Simpkins Thriller, #2)
  • Mia's Submission
  • Slack Tide
  • Play Fling
  • Devil's Eye (Mirus, #1.2)
  • Broken Angel (House Phoenix, #1)
  • Hooking Up (Hooking Up, #1)
  • Seduced: Rose's Story (The Seduced Saga, #1-3)
  • Brethren Beginnings: Volume 1 (Brethren,  #0.5)
Kimberly Kinrade was born with ink in her veins and magic in her heart. She writes romance (contemporary and paranormal), fantasy and paranormal stories for all ages and still believes in magic worlds.

She lives with her three little girls who think they're ninja princesses with super powers, and her husband, also known as the sexy Russian Prince, who is the love of her life and writing partner.
More about Kimberly Kinrade...

“She has learned to love. To fear. To hate. And then to love again. Through it all, she writes.” ~Once Upon A Time There Was A Girl” 16 likes
“He loves me, he loves me not. How many flowers must I kill before he loves me?” ~He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not” 6 likes