Bits of You & Pieces of Me
read ebook

Bits of You & Pieces of Me

4.48 of 5 stars 4.48  ·  rating details  ·  29 ratings  ·  14 reviews
LOVE. FEAR. HATE. HOPE. LOVE. "She has learned to love. To fear. To hate. And then to love again. Through it all, she writes." Once Upon A Time There Was A Girl "Bits of You & Pieces of Me" is a collection of short stories, poetry & essays on life. While each piece stands alone, together the chapters tell the story of an idealistic girl in love with love who discov...more
Published February 12th 2011 by Kimberly Kinrade

To ask other readers questions about Bits of You & Pieces of Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bits of You & Pieces of Me

Patti Larsen
I'm so happy to do this review. Kimberly is brilliant. Bits of You and Pieces of Me is horrible, marvelous, heart-wrenching and powerful. I'm in awe that she is so willing to tear open her soul and expose it to her readers. To share with such intimacy the facts and pain of her life as it was. This book is a collection of short stories and poetry as well as a few memoir slices of her life and observations. But no matter whether she's couched her story in fiction, lyrical voice or documentary it i...more
Desirai
I read a good portion of this book while I was designing the cover/formatting the pages. However it seemed like a good time to final read every single word the whole way through, and I'm so glad I did! It's a little frightening and sad to know some of the stories included were inspired by real life events but alas, that is often the life of a creative.

If you like poetry, short stories, journal entries but most of all Love, then you'll most likely enjoy this book.
Kimberly Gourgon
I downloaded this as an e-book and was immediately floored by it. It's sweet, and poignant, and heart wrenching, and it moves me. I would recommend this to anyone. To EVERYONE, really. Amazing!
Jamie Boswell
it was heart wrenching in a good way ....it is one of my re-reads ......
Indie Books
Review From Amazon:

"Like an intimate conversation with an old friend. Part poetry, part confessional, part writers anthology, Kimberly Kinrade obviously pours her heart and soul into this work. To borrow an almost phrase from her book, she tells of the life she's lived through "Scary Telling" (to borrow a phrase from her). It may be jarring to some readers to switch so furiously from subject matter and genres, but it is refreshing to this reviewer. Your mind has no time to switch gears, so there...more
Jason
Bits of You & Pieces of Me is a collection of short stories and poems written with passion and power by a writer who is a true natural at the art. Kimberly does not shy away from the particularities of her life, both good and bad, but fully engages them in order to gain a better understanding of herself, her writing and her world. This book is neither depressing, nor superficially optimistic; instead, it shares with us the encouraging determination and keen insights of a fellow writer. Some...more
Alex Laybourne
Kimberly Kinrade may be on the way to becoming a famous author of YA fiction, it should not be forgotten however, that she also wrote a very honest and raw (semi) autobiographical book that talks about love.

Love is indeed a complex emotion, it can fill us with joy, yet it can hurt us, it can beat us down and break us. In a series of short stories, essays and poems, Kimberly Kindrade shows us love from both sides of the coin. The euphoria and the despair.

The pieces were written and collected ov...more
Dalene Kolb
There are so many things that I enjoyed about "Bits of You & Pieces of Me". The stories are very short yet very cute. Some surprised me, but I enjoyed them all equally. Kimberly Kinrade has a way with words. If you don't believe me look at some of my favorite quotes from the book:

“So happy riding. In rain or sunshine, be encouraged on your journey. And enjoy the view along the way. You never know what you will learn next."
“Maybe kindergarten does offer us everything we need to know, if only...more
Priscilla
I received a copy of Bits of You & Pieces of Me as a winner of a first reads giveaway, and I was so excited to read it. The overall idea of the book is wonderful-- a story told in bits and pieces. A story told through a short story on one page, and a poem on the next. I enjoyed some parts of the story more than others, but that's expected with any book.

Bits of You & Pieces of Me tells the story of one womans journey from happiness through tragedy, heartache, and violence back to happine...more
Trista Siegel
Even though this is definitely not my type of book, I really did enjoy it. I have to admit there were parts I felt bored because I missed my fantasy/science fiction books but some of the short stories were dark and mysterious. Each piece could stand on it's own and was just brought together to sort of tell this story about someone going through trials in life. I didn't have to force myself to read it so that is a great thing.

My favorite piece is The Minute. I just can relate to it and so many ot...more
L.M. Stull
Kimberly Kinrade is a genius. Simply put. Bits of You & Pieces of Me is a work of literary art. It is a stunningly dark look into the deepest emotions that tug at us in our relationships.

A fine collection of short stories and poetry that will grab you at every word and hold you until the end, making you want more.

The works featured in Ms. Kinrade's debut are perfectly paced.

I will be looking forward to additional work from this very talented new author.
Heather Badgwell
OMG. This book is amazing. Its basically poems and short stories. Its moving, heartfelt, touching. I was able to read this in a matter of less than an hour. I couldn't stop. I was moved to read a little more, then a little more. I felt like I truly knew the author. Like I was there, sitting next to her, seeing what she was seeing. Feeling what she felt. I would totally recommend this book! 5 out of 5 stars! Fell in love with this, in an instant!! ♥
Sumiyati E
As I read this collection of stories and poems I felt as if they were my thoughts and feelings. It was so easy to identify. I think most people, whether they admit it or not, have experienced the emotions that are evoked and buried memories brought to light and set free. This is a book I will read over and over again with a new perception of the words read every time.
Denise
Very thought provoking and enjoyable series of shorts.
Hope Dee
Hope Dee marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Kary
Kary marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Patricia
Patricia marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Connie
Connie marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Lynn
Lynn added it
Aug 09, 2014
Lanie
Lanie added it
Mar 03, 2014
Daniella C
Daniella C marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2014
Kami
Kami marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2014
Carolyn Johnson
Carolyn Johnson marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2014
Colleen Derringer
Colleen Derringer marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014
Debra Neiman
Debra Neiman marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014
Allison Sautkus
Allison Sautkus marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2013
Mel
Mel marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2013
Kimberly Kinrade was born with ink in her veins and magic in her heart. She writes romance (contemporary and paranormal), fantasy and paranormal stories for all ages and still believes in magic worlds.

She lives with her three little girls who think they're ninja princesses with super powers, and her husband, also known as the sexy Russian Prince, who is the love of her life and writing partner.
More about Kimberly Kinrade...
Only Forever Lexie World (The Three Lost Kids, #1) The Three Lost Kids and The Death of the Sugar Fairy The Three Lost Kids & The Christmas Curse Maddie World (The Three Lost Kids,  #3)

“She has learned to love. To fear. To hate. And then to love again. Through it all, she writes.” ~Once Upon A Time There Was A Girl” 15 likes
“He loves me, he loves me not. How many flowers must I kill before he loves me?” ~He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not” 6 likes