Start by marking “Halo Encyclopedia: The Definitive Guide to the Halo Universe” as Want to Read:
Halo Encyclopedia: The Definitive Guide to the Halo Universe

Halo Encyclopedia: The Definitive Guide to the Halo Universe

4.37 of 5 stars 4.37  ·  rating details  ·  273 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Created in full collaboration with Microsoft, "Halo Encyclopedia" is packed with hundreds of images, illustrations, and technical drawings that highlight all the information fans and newcomers to the game need to know.
Published September 19th 2011 by DK Publishing (Dorling Kindersley) (first published October 19th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Halo Encyclopedia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Halo Encyclopedia

Asher Riley
A truly amazing, beautifully illustrated, inspiring and stunning work. Filled with all you could and would want to know about that galaxy not so far away.
James
best info for halo fans and I don't know where else to look except here!.
Jesse Booth
If there is ANYTHING you want to know about the Halo Universe, this is your definitive guide. It holds great information and greater insight than the games and books were ever able to give. I wonder what will happen with the release of "Halo:Reach" this coming Fall. This encyclopedia will already be out of date. I understand there is a Forerunner series coming out soon, too. If that is true, it will be interesting to see if they create an updated version of this encyclopedia.
Mitch
Jan 26, 2010 Mitch is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
This is the greatest and least boring encyclopedia I have ever read (not that I've read many encyclopedias). With everything from Johnson's missions before he met 117 to the details of the Covenant Hierarchy to the Forerunner-Flood war, and some hints of why the prophets cant activate the rings themselves, and why they have to capture a human to do it for them, and why 343 Guilty Spark tried to kill you. Hint: its like insanity for AIs... we all knew Sparky was nuts.
Paul Childs
This was an interesting read for anyone that has played any of the Halo games. Anything you might be interested in knowing is in this encyclopedia and there is a lot of nice Halo themed artwork to look at.

The writing isn't Shakespeare, and it sometimes feels like later entries are just rehashing earlier ones, but it was interesting.

It would be even better if you could get this at your local library since it is pretty expensive for what you get.
Andy
It was awesome. Don't want to miss out.
Nathan Jones
Very informative, although an updated version will be needed very soon; especially with the Forerunner book trilogy finishing up (Greg Bear), the newer post-Halo 3 book trilogy (Karen Traviss), and the release of Halo 4 coming in November.
Deyara
My nephew likes killing me in Halo so I got this for us to look at. He loved it, and it has so much information here, great pictures and wow so much work went into this. Dont think it will stop him killing me though!
Tony Spears
Everything you ever wanted to know about the Halo universe is in here. As a fan of Scifi, I find my attention is dreawn to the methology of the univrse the material is set is as well as the story itself. I loved it!
Angie
I really thought this was a great great book! I posted some pictures from it here:

Taddow
Great Art! Great background! But got a little repetitive after a while. Still a great read for Halo fans.
Adelaide Metzger
Halo + Story = AWESOMENESS IDEA EVER!! (Right next to Star Wars: Republic Commando novels).
Sam
This book is so good!!!!! It clarified most of the questions I had, and will ever have!!!
Brent
It was interesting to find out other little tidbits about the Halo universe.
Sam
i loved it. It helped me with pepakura because of all the reference.
Steve
Everything you need to know about the Halo universe up to Reach.
Brenden
Sep 29, 2009 Brenden marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
MUST READ
Ryan Sherman
Ryan Sherman marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Vance
Vance marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Mary
Mary added it
Nov 15, 2014
Blake
Blake marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Travis Coulter
Travis Coulter marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Zachary Harless
Zachary Harless marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Connor
Connor marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
  • Halo: Ghosts of Onyx
  • Halo: Blood Line
  • The Heart of the Night
  • Halo: The Flood
  • Possibilities (Austen Series, #6)
  • Final Fantasy XII Signature Series Guide
  • Mass Effect: Ascension (Mass Effect, #2)
Born in the Caribbean, Tobias S. Buckell is a New York Times Bestselling author. His novels and over 50 short stories have been translated into 17 languages and he has been nominated for the Hugo, Nebula, Prometheus and John W. Campbell Award for Best New Science Fiction Author. He currently lives in Ohio.
More about Tobias S. Buckell...
Halo: The Cole Protocol Halo: Evolutions: Essential Tales of the Halo Universe Crystal Rain (Xenowealth, #1) Arctic Rising Ragamuffin (Xenowealth, #2)