Start by marking “Halo Encyclopedia: The Definitive Guide to the Halo Universe” as Want to Read:
Halo Encyclopedia: The Definitive Guide to the Halo Universe

Halo Encyclopedia: The Definitive Guide to the Halo Universe

4.34 of 5 stars 4.34  ·  rating details  ·  337 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Created in full collaboration with Microsoft, "Halo Encyclopedia" is packed with hundreds of images, illustrations, and technical drawings that highlight all the information fans and newcomers to the game need to know.
Published September 19th 2011 by DK (first published October 19th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Halo Encyclopedia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Halo Encyclopedia

Jesse Booth
If there is ANYTHING you want to know about the Halo Universe, this is your definitive guide. It holds great information and greater insight than the games and books were ever able to give. I wonder what will happen with the release of "Halo:Reach" this coming Fall. This encyclopedia will already be out of date. I understand there is a Forerunner series coming out soon, too. If that is true, it will be interesting to see if they create an updated version of this encyclopedia.
I really thought this was a great great book! I posted some pictures from it here:
Asher Riley
A truly amazing, beautifully illustrated, inspiring and stunning work. Filled with all you could and would want to know about that galaxy not so far away.
best info for halo fans and I don't know where else to look except here!.
Jan 26, 2010 Mitch is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
This is the greatest and least boring encyclopedia I have ever read (not that I've read many encyclopedias). With everything from Johnson's missions before he met 117 to the details of the Covenant Hierarchy to the Forerunner-Flood war, and some hints of why the prophets cant activate the rings themselves, and why they have to capture a human to do it for them, and why 343 Guilty Spark tried to kill you. Hint: its like insanity for AIs... we all knew Sparky was nuts.
Paul Childs
This was an interesting read for anyone that has played any of the Halo games. Anything you might be interested in knowing is in this encyclopedia and there is a lot of nice Halo themed artwork to look at.

The writing isn't Shakespeare, and it sometimes feels like later entries are just rehashing earlier ones, but it was interesting.

It would be even better if you could get this at your local library since it is pretty expensive for what you get.
It was awesome. Don't want to miss out.
Nathan Jones
Very informative, although an updated version will be needed very soon; especially with the Forerunner book trilogy finishing up (Greg Bear), the newer post-Halo 3 book trilogy (Karen Traviss), and the release of Halo 4 coming in November.
My nephew likes killing me in Halo so I got this for us to look at. He loved it, and it has so much information here, great pictures and wow so much work went into this. Dont think it will stop him killing me though!
Tony Spears
Everything you ever wanted to know about the Halo universe is in here. As a fan of Scifi, I find my attention is dreawn to the methology of the univrse the material is set is as well as the story itself. I loved it!
Great Art! Great background! But got a little repetitive after a while. Still a great read for Halo fans.
Adelaide Metzger
Halo + Story = AWESOMENESS IDEA EVER!! (Right next to Star Wars: Republic Commando novels).
This book is so good!!!!! It clarified most of the questions I had, and will ever have!!!
It was interesting to find out other little tidbits about the Halo universe.
i loved it. It helped me with pepakura because of all the reference.
Everything you need to know about the Halo universe up to Reach.
Sep 29, 2009 Brenden marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Alyssa marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2015
Cameron marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2015
Kieran marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2015
Hamza Siddiqui
Hamza Siddiqui marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2015
Cmdr Bly
Cmdr Bly marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2015
Max Murdock
Max Murdock marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2015
Austin Bunton
Austin Bunton marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2015
Jordan Robinson
Jordan Robinson marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2015
Alex marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2015
  • Halo: Contact Harvest
  • Halo: The Thursday War
  • Halo: Cryptum
  • Halo: Blood Line
  • Halo: The Fall of Reach, The Flood, First Strike (Halo, #1-3)
  • The Heart of the Night
  • Halo: The Flood
  • Possibilities (Austen Series, #6)
Born in the Caribbean, Tobias S. Buckell is a New York Times Bestselling author. His novels and over 50 short stories have been translated into 17 languages and he has been nominated for the Hugo, Nebula, Prometheus and John W. Campbell Award for Best New Science Fiction Author. He currently lives in Ohio.
More about Tobias S. Buckell...