Start by marking “Halo Encyclopedia: The Definitive Guide to the Halo Universe” as Want to Read:
Halo Encyclopedia: The Definitive Guide to the Halo Universe

Halo Encyclopedia: The Definitive Guide to the Halo Universe

4.35  ·  Rating Details  ·  386 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Created in full collaboration with Microsoft, "Halo Encyclopedia" is packed with hundreds of images, illustrations, and technical drawings that highlight all the information fans and newcomers to the game need to know.
Published September 19th 2011 by DK (first published October 19th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Halo Encyclopedia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Halo Encyclopedia

Jesse Booth
Feb 08, 2010 Jesse Booth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
If there is ANYTHING you want to know about the Halo Universe, this is your definitive guide. It holds great information and greater insight than the games and books were ever able to give. I wonder what will happen with the release of "Halo:Reach" this coming Fall. This encyclopedia will already be out of date. I understand there is a Forerunner series coming out soon, too. If that is true, it will be interesting to see if they create an updated version of this encyclopedia.
Angie
Oct 12, 2011 Angie rated it it was amazing
I really thought this was a great great book! I posted some pictures from it here:

Asher Riley
Mar 15, 2014 Asher Riley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A truly amazing, beautifully illustrated, inspiring and stunning work. Filled with all you could and would want to know about that galaxy not so far away.
James
Sep 29, 2014 James rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
best info for halo fans and I don't know where else to look except here!.
Mitch
Jan 26, 2010 Mitch is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
This is the greatest and least boring encyclopedia I have ever read (not that I've read many encyclopedias). With everything from Johnson's missions before he met 117 to the details of the Covenant Hierarchy to the Forerunner-Flood war, and some hints of why the prophets cant activate the rings themselves, and why they have to capture a human to do it for them, and why 343 Guilty Spark tried to kill you. Hint: its like insanity for AIs... we all knew Sparky was nuts.
Paul Childs
Jul 23, 2011 Paul Childs rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
This was an interesting read for anyone that has played any of the Halo games. Anything you might be interested in knowing is in this encyclopedia and there is a lot of nice Halo themed artwork to look at.

The writing isn't Shakespeare, and it sometimes feels like later entries are just rehashing earlier ones, but it was interesting.

It would be even better if you could get this at your local library since it is pretty expensive for what you get.
Babs Grr
Jun 21, 2016 Babs Grr marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
FALSE
Andy
Feb 21, 2014 Andy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was awesome. Don't want to miss out.
Nathan Jones
Sep 09, 2012 Nathan Jones rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: halo
Very informative, although an updated version will be needed very soon; especially with the Forerunner book trilogy finishing up (Greg Bear), the newer post-Halo 3 book trilogy (Karen Traviss), and the release of Halo 4 coming in November.
Deyara
Feb 20, 2011 Deyara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My nephew likes killing me in Halo so I got this for us to look at. He loved it, and it has so much information here, great pictures and wow so much work went into this. Dont think it will stop him killing me though!
Tony Spears
Oct 30, 2012 Tony Spears rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everything you ever wanted to know about the Halo universe is in here. As a fan of Scifi, I find my attention is dreawn to the methology of the univrse the material is set is as well as the story itself. I loved it!
Taddow
Aug 26, 2013 Taddow rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great Art! Great background! But got a little repetitive after a while. Still a great read for Halo fans.
Adelaide Metzger
Jun 25, 2012 Adelaide Metzger rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ade-s-sci-fi
Halo + Story = AWESOMENESS IDEA EVER!! (Right next to Star Wars: Republic Commando novels).
Sam
Sep 03, 2011 Sam rated it it was amazing
This book is so good!!!!! It clarified most of the questions I had, and will ever have!!!
Brent
Dec 27, 2010 Brent rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was interesting to find out other little tidbits about the Halo universe.
Sam
Nov 01, 2011 Sam rated it it was amazing
i loved it. It helped me with pepakura because of all the reference.
Steve
Aug 30, 2013 Steve rated it really liked it
Everything you need to know about the Halo universe up to Reach.
Brenden Ashby
MUST READ
Mal
Sep 28, 2010 Mal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i am reading it
Guoping Wen
Guoping Wen rated it it was amazing
Jul 26, 2016
Dontay Pagan
Dontay Pagan rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2016
Mr David Crank
Mr David Crank rated it liked it
Jul 19, 2016
Esai Gonzalez
Esai Gonzalez rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2016
Michael Falkland
Michael Falkland marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2016
Justin
Justin marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2016
Sergio
Sergio marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2016
Bam Eaton
Bam Eaton marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2016
  • Halo 3: The Official Strategy Guide
  • Halo: Contact Harvest
  • Halo: The Thursday War
  • Halo: Cryptum
  • Halo: The Fall of Reach, The Flood, First Strike (Halo, #1-3)
  • Halo: Blood Line
  • The Heart of the Night
  • Possibilities (Austen Series, #6)
  • Halo: The Flood
Born in the Caribbean, Tobias S. Buckell is a New York Times Bestselling author. His novels and over 50 short stories have been translated into 17 languages and he has been nominated for the Hugo, Nebula, Prometheus and John W. Campbell Award for Best New Science Fiction Author. He currently lives in Ohio.
More about Tobias S. Buckell...