The Simple Abundance Journal of Gratitude

The Simple Abundance Journal of Gratitude

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  245 ratings  ·  17 reviews
This beautiful companion journal to the national bestseller Simple Abundance provides women with a place to record their daily moments of gratitude while offering them insight via inspirational quotes.
Published November 5th 1996 by Grand Central Publishing (first published January 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about The Simple Abundance Journal of Gratitude, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Simple Abundance Journal of Gratitude

Kelly Maybedog
Forces you to think positively every day. I found it easy to find things I was thankful for so I gave myself the task of finding a different five things every day, no repeats. (Otherwise I'd say over and over again, I'm thankful for my family, for my health, for my dogs, etc.) Some days were harder than others but I did it before I went to sleep and it ended my day on a positive note. Sure, it's very simplistic but it was nice and easier than a journal.

My mormon aunt and uncle gave this to me an...more
Laquetta
when life is coming at you a thousand miles and you think you have nothing to live for, make a list of five things you are grateful for.
Foxglow
It feels a bit like cheating to add this to Goodreads. This journal starts out with several pages about gratitude and its place in our attitudes and life. The rest of the book is split into weekly sections with five lines per day. Every morning I wake up and fill that day's lines with things I am grateful for. It is not always easy. On the second day I woke up in a puddle, because my waterbed had sprung a slow leak. My first thought was, "God ok, I can be grateful for this. I have a patch kit an...more
Bam
Use to record 5 things daily to be grateful for.
Ayana Mishelle
This is a great way to start keeping track of things you are grateful for. I do a gratitude list everyday and also the adults I teach they call in their gratitude list to me everyday we have been doing this for years we call it the 5 things we call in 5 things we are grateful for each day can you imagine checking your voice mail feeling overwhelmed and someone is on there saying I am grateful for some of the simple things in life. gratitude will change your world .
Heather
My word this year is Gratitude. I am using the gratitude journal to help me in my journey towards recognizing all the wonderful things/people/events in my life. I have really liked having gratitude as my focus this year. This book was good until about september - I got tired of the repetition.
Lisa
I read this book years ago and don't remember it specifically- but I have to give it 5 stars just because it inspired me to keep a gratitude journal, which I have off and on for years, and that has greatly enriched my life.
Krystal
You don't really need the book. But, its a good way to encourage you do to it. Just list 5 things you are thankful for every day.
Ronel Bredenkamp
Implementing an abundance journal into my life made a huge difference in how I cope with those dark days and difficult times.
Jo
The jurnal in beautiful but I never would have used it if I did not take a workshop... The book alone is a lot to consume.
Natalie
This is a gratitude journal and it's really personal. i like to write solmething at the end of each day or week.
Sheila
A great companion to the book and makes you write down what you are thankful for each day.
Trudy
Also a great idea, this is a journal so you can record all the things you are grateful for!
Mona
Dec 29, 2010 Mona added it
Love this book, and pull it out and re-read from time to time !!
Colleen
Try to read it every day, have for years. Very uplifting
Joy
Read this book on and off again; worth reading
Amy
actually I haven't really written it yet
Susan Baker
Susan Baker marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Ruby Rose Scarlett
Ruby Rose Scarlett marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Jfmom
Jfmom marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
  • It's Hard to Be Five: Learning How to Work My Control Panel
  • Children Are from Heaven: Positive Parenting Skills for Raising Cooperative, Confident, and Compassionate Children
  • My Mother/My Self: The Daughter's Search for Identity
  • MaryJane's Ideabook, Cookbook, Lifebook: For the Farmgirl in All of Us
  • The New Peoplemaking
  • Love Is a Choice: The Definitive Book on Letting Go of Unhealthy Relationships
  • The Heart of the Soul: Emotional Awareness
  • The Spectrum: A Scientifically Proven Program to Feel Better, Live Longer, Lose Weight, and Gain Health
  • Confessions of an Organized Homemaker: The Secrets of Uncluttering Your Home and Taking Control of Your Life
  • Illuminata: A Return to Prayer
  • Being In Balance: 9 Principles for Creating Habits to Match Your Desires
  • The Wisdom of Menopause: Creating Physical and Emotional Health and Healing During the Change
  • Alexander, Who's Not (Do You Hear Me? I Mean It!) Going to Move
  • Koala Lou
  • Medicine Cards: The Discovery of Power Through the Ways of Animals
  • Emotional Freedom: Liberate Yourself from Negative Emotions and Transform Your Life
  • Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems
  • Living a Beautiful Life
In addition to SIMPLE ABUNDANCE, Sarah Ban Breathnach is the author of THE SIMPLE ABUNDANCE JOURNAL OF GRATITUDE, SOMETHING MORE, and MRS. SHARP'S TRADITIONS. She currently resides in California. Please visit her website at www.simpleabundance.com.
More about Sarah Ban Breathnach...
Simple Abundance:  A Daybook of Comfort and Joy Something More: Excavating Your Authentic Self Romancing the Ordinary: A Year of Simple Splendor Moving On: Creating Your House of Belonging with Simple Abundance Mrs. Sharp's Traditions: Reviving Victorian Family Celebrations of Comfort & Joy

“Little changes [and] little choices add up to be revolutionary changes in your life.” 5 likes