Start by marking “What Might Have Been” as Want to Read:
What Might Have Been

What Might Have Been

Ainsley Rutherford is about to find out. For the past eight years, she's desperately tried to forget her first love--sexy, reckless Luke Collier. Of course, working at his family's orchard isn't the best way to get over him. She knew he'd show up sooner or later. Still, who'd have guessed she'd fall so willingly into his arms--and his bed--again?Luke had been dreading comi ...more
Published March 22nd 2011 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about What Might Have Been, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Might Have Been

KarenH

"I loved What Might Have Been. It's sweet, it's hot, it's emotionally poignant and satisfying...and did I mention hot? Kira Sinclair hit this one out of the ballpark."
- New York Times bestselling author Linda Howard

Ahh...this is HB at its best. I loved everything about this book...from the hot couple on the cover (who depicted the H/h perfectly) right through to an epilogue that is the perfect ending to an amazing love story.

Luke Collier has returned home to Collier Orchards for his grandfathe
Saly
The book was deep. It was not just about the sexy moments but realities of life.
Really enjoyed it. Deducted one star because I wanted a grovel scene ;)
RLA
Jan 03, 2012 RLA rated it really liked it
The heroine Ainsley is anxiously awaiting the arrival of the hero Luke for his grandfather's funeral. Eight years ago Ainsley and Luke had been in love as teenagers, however their relationship ended when Luke left without word, leaving Ainsley broken hearted, abandoned by her father, and pregnant. Ainsley had married Luke's twin brother for security, which Luke was not happy about when he heart, however an accident resulted in the death of Ainsley's husband and the loss of the baby. Ainsley has ...more
Virginia
Jul 02, 2012 Virginia rated it liked it
This was alright. The set-up of their previous relationship and reunion was plausible and interesting - although, could their life stories get any more tragic? Luke is sexy, but I didn't fall in love with him. Ainsley feels too perfect, and her eventual acknowledgement that she has effectively based the entire last 8 years of her life around a man she loves, but who had abandoned her, rubbed me wrong. She's a strong, intelligent woman who responded in kind when the Colliers took her in. Why can' ...more
Penny Ramirez
Feb 27, 2012 Penny Ramirez rated it liked it
Another story of exes thrown back together by fate. Love of her life takes off to pursue his dreams, not knowing she's pregnant; she marries his twin.

This one had great sex, but was frustrating because neither one of these people wanted to grow up. Ainsley showed signs of inner strength, but kept forgetting it all so she could have hot sex everywhere and anytime Luke wanted. Luke needed someone to give him a reality check FAR sooner than it happened.

Again, a bit too unbelievable of an HEA, but t
Christine
I normally love books in which the H/h have had a previous relationship. This story just seemed too angsty for a romance book. There was a lot of emotional backstory going on throughout the book.
For some reason, I just could not connect to either the H or the h.
They both had their dysfunctions, which is fine, but it got in the way of the story for me.
I think there was too much going on emotionally for a shorter book. I may have felt more connected with the characters if it had been a longer bo
Latte
Oct 22, 2012 Latte rated it it was ok
I have to disagree with the other reviewers here. I found Luke unlikeable and selfish. So much so that it makes his relationship with Ainsley seem completely implausible. There wasn't much I liked about her character either. There's a lot of the plot that explores their relationship then a section where it seemed like every three pages was another detailed sex scene. It just felt unbalanced as a story.
Catherine
May 15, 2011 Catherine rated it really liked it
This is a strong 4 1/2 stars for me. This was a highly emotional read. Not what I exected with a Blaze to tell you the honest truth. The emotions were very Heart and Home emotions which I find in other lines at HQN but not always Blaze. I actually skimmed over the 'love' scenes because it slowed the story down for me. Well worth your time.
Kellie Crawford
Sep 20, 2012 Kellie Crawford rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this story. its was very sensual and the love the characters shared for one another was phenomenal. I would suggest this book to anyone that love's a good love story.
Carol Perez
Carol Perez rated it liked it
May 27, 2016
Sarah rated it liked it
Jul 24, 2014
Sherrie Shellito
Sherrie Shellito rated it really liked it
Sep 26, 2013
Lucelu
Lucelu rated it it was amazing
Dec 10, 2011
Erin W
Erin W rated it it was ok
Jul 25, 2011
Lois
Lois rated it really liked it
Feb 28, 2012
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was ok
Aug 05, 2016
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Sep 02, 2012
Kara Morgan
Kara Morgan rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2011
Alina
Alina rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2012
Jay
Jay rated it really liked it
May 17, 2012
Lemmon C.
Lemmon C. rated it really liked it
May 09, 2012
Cassie England
Cassie England rated it it was amazing
Dec 10, 2013
Nathalia
Nathalia rated it really liked it
Oct 22, 2012
Bec
Bec rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2011
Senora
Senora rated it liked it
Mar 26, 2012
Wendy
Wendy rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2013
Dana
Dana rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2011
Mindin
Mindin rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2014
Karen Hulseman
Karen Hulseman rated it liked it
Jun 20, 2015
Jess
Jess rated it liked it
Apr 13, 2011
« previous 1 3 next »
Double winner of the National Readers Choice Award, Kira Sinclair writes passionate contemporary romances. Her first foray into writing fiction was for a high school English assignment, and not even being forced to ready the love story aloud could dampen her enthusiasm...although it did make her blush. She lives in North Alabama with her two amazing daughter, their pet chinchilla and hedgehog. She ...more
More about Kira Sinclair...