Start by marking “Silence (Hush, Hush, #3)” as Want to Read:
Silence (Hush, Hush, #3)

Silence (Hush, Hush #3)

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  140,059 ratings  ·  6,167 reviews
WHEN SILENCE IS ALL THAT'S LEFT, CAN THE TRUTH FINALLY BE HEARD?

Nora Grey can't remember the past five months of her life. After the initial shock of waking up in a cemetery and being told that she has been missing for weeks - with no one knowing where she was or who she was with - she tried to get her life back on track. Go to school, hang out with her best friend, Vee, a
Published October 4th 2011 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Silence, please sign up.

Judith "On December 4, 2012 Entertainment Weekly revealed that the entire Hush, Hush series had been optioned by LD Entertainment.[4] LD Entertainment…more"On December 4, 2012 Entertainment Weekly revealed that the entire Hush, Hush series had been optioned by LD Entertainment.[4] LD Entertainment announced that they would be turning the books into a film series, with Greek creator Patrick Sean Smith set to write the screenplay for the first installment.[4] On July 8, 2014 Becca announced on her website that she has decided that now is not the right time to move forward with the Hush, Hush movie and has not renewed the movie option with LD Entertainment. She says that she appreciates the support but hopes that the fans respect her decision. She has said that she is not saying the movie will never happen, but it won’t be moving forward at this time." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hush,_Hu...(less)
Noel This series is one of my favorites. I would definitely recommend this to any fantasy/romance fans (it is romantic while staying appropriate). The…moreThis series is one of my favorites. I would definitely recommend this to any fantasy/romance fans (it is romantic while staying appropriate). The first book (if you haven't read it) is "Hush, Hush", the second is "Crescendo", the third is "Silence", and the fourth is "Finale". It was an extraordinary saga that I managed to devour in three days. I felt that each book continued to build suspense and would be worth anyone's time and money. I hope this helps!(less)
City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra ClareClockwork Prince by Cassandra ClareForever by Maggie StiefvaterSilence by Becca FitzpatrickPassion by Lauren Kate
YA Novels of 2011
4th out of 1,153 books — 6,885 voters
City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra ClareForever by Maggie StiefvaterClockwork Prince by Cassandra ClareSilence by Becca FitzpatrickDead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris
Can't Wait Books For 2011
4th out of 1,235 books — 6,949 voters

More lists with this book...

Taylor
Dec 03, 2013 Taylor rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: If you love Patch and the Hush Hush series
I HAVE ONLY THREE THINGS TO SAY:

ONE: THIS BOOK WAS SO-SO-SO FREAKIN' EPIC AND UNPUTDOWNABLE!!!!

TWO: PATCH JEV CIPRIANO WAS THE BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO ME.

THREE: I CANNOT WAIT ANOTHER FREAKIN' YEAR FOR THE NEXT BOOK!!!

And if you haven't read Silence yet... READ IT NOW!
Nina ♥
Jan 25, 2012 Nina ♥ marked it as on-hold
Kinda on hold right now. I just got tired of Nora trying to remember things that I already know.
Franci
Hush, Hush made me fall hard. Crescendo has taken my breath away and I cannot wait till Tempest. Becca Fitzpatrick is a true story teller, and I don’t want her to ever end Nora and Patches adventures.
Haleema
I just might be suffering again from PTJRARCBD. Post Traumatic Just Read A Really Crappy Book Disorder.

Interview with Becca Fitzpatrick

Haleema: How are you? *cough-not-that-I-give-a-damn-cough*.
Fitzpatrick: I'm TEERRRIIIFFIICCC!! I just finished the best book I ever wrote! ZOMG!!!
Haleema: Really? Because it was sheer crap to me.
Fitzpatrick: You didn't like Jev/Patch?!
Haleema: What in the hell were you thinking, woman?

The rest of the interview... well let's just say there was blood.

Anyway, Nor
Adele
Sep 23, 2010 Adele marked it as to-read
And to think i was excited for the second book.

A third book? Yay?

I <3 Patch.

Cannot wait, Fall 2011 is just too far away.
Cory
The summary for this book is ridiculous. How can she get more drawn to Patch? This is like a bad teen soap opera.
Wynndmill
Dec 31, 2011 Wynndmill rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: no one
Shelves: brain-drains
Jana Gabrielle
What the WTF?! I have to wait til October?!!!
I.HAVE.TO.READ.IT.NOW!!!
Patricia BookExhibitionism
kari
Aug 02, 2012 kari rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011, ya
Mitch Cave
EW! What a shit cover!

I'll read this on one condition: Vee dies in a quick and violent death.

LOL jk, I'll read it either way. I can't wait for it!
Buuuuuuut, I still wouldn't mind Vee dying...
Lindsay
Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

OH MY GOD! This was amazing!

After reading Crescendo and being left with the world's worst cliffhanger, I dreaded having to wait a year for the final book of the series. But as Friday came along and I FINALLY snagged my copy, a few interesting things happened.

1) I learned that there was going to be a FOURTH BOOK! IT CONTINUES! MORE PATCH! XDDD

2) I finally read the synopsis. For a whole year I did not even click on the page of Silence. No idea why.

3) My eternal love for Patch grew tenfold. Nuff s
Judith
Nov 13, 2010 Judith marked it as to-read
i can't wait for this book i loooooved hush hush, i sooo fell in love with patch, read crescendo but i have to say i was a little disappointed with nora, she gets pushed around way to much and she just takes it, i read crecendo and finished it within 2 days and i love the way B. Fitzpatrick always make you think that you know exactly what gonna happen and then she turns the book upside down, its great!

im looking farward to this book but also looking farward to nora growing some balls and sticki
Anila
May 02, 2011 Anila marked it as not-with-a-ten-foot-pole
I will give this to Fitzpatz: She's so reliably bad that I've never been the least bit interested in reading the sequels to Hush, Hush.

ALSO.

Let's clear some shit up.

That is a Silent, and if one of them makes Patch and Nora explode I may read this book after all.
Lexi
I. NEED. TO. WAIT. UNTIL. FREAKING. OCTOBER?!?!?!!?!

Not fair at all!
That's like a whole freaking year!

I NEED THIS BOOK NOOOOOOOOOOWW!
Natalie Monroe
Silence can be summed up in one meme:

Bad Decision #1

Upon waking up in a graveyard with no memory of how she got there or what had transpired, Nora kicks the shin of the first person who tries to help her and blunders away, possibly increasing the chances of running into her captors.

Now normally, this a very sound reaction and fits in with Stranger Danger, but this is Nora we're talking about. She'd suspect the toaster of doing her in if it burned her toast.

Bad Decision #36

After coming home from
John Egbert
“Fine! I'll throw on some clothes. Turn around. I'm in my pj's"

"I'm a guy. That's like asking a kid not to glance at the candy counter.”

(Nora and Patch quote.)

Oh, yeah, because, hell, why expect guys not to peep at you while you're changing? That's just ridiculous. They're like children, you see. And you're like candy for him. They can't help themselves, don't be stupid. THEY R MENZZ. DUHHHH.

I'm officially offended on behalf of males everywhere.

No way am I reading this shit. Not even for the
Misrabelle
If they don't find a way to make gorgeous Nephilim babies in the last book, I'll cry.
♔ Leah.
Ahhhh, don't you just love it when your half-angel/sexual predator/douchebag as well as your part time boyfriend takes you in your arms and is about to throw you into a tempestuous ocean during a storm while he wears fake wings like gender-bended Tinkerbell while your hair fans out as if you are in a Pantene advert? Oh the memories still make me weak at the knees(!) :')
Eva Victoria
OCTOBER!!! NOOO!!!! MY LITTLE HEART JUST BROKE 3
DAMMIT! THIS IS TORTURE! I NEED TO READ IT NOW!!
Colleen Houck
Read this entire book on my recent trip to Tampa. Still liking Patch a lot. Love the idea of the angel feather. Wasn't prepared for some of the things going on. Surprises around every corner. The cover is brilliant. Sometimes I like to just stare at it.
Mel (who is deeply in love with herself)
“You're mine, Angel. And I'm yours. Nothing can change that.”
― Becca Fitzpatrick, Silence

NOTE: I understand how hard it is to read criticisms of your work; something you've put your heart and soul into to write, and then publish. And I understand why you, Becca Fitzpatrick, did that whole "be nice" thing. In a way, it makes sense to take the author's emotions into account. I bet that any author would be obsessively searching for critiques of their books day in and day out, and can imagine the b
◕ ◡ ◕  Arooj
Pre-Reading:*Gasp* Trilogy? Is this the last book?! NOOO!! DON'T LET IT END!! Ugh and the release date is soooo far away...can't wait to read it!! I bet the cover is gonna be totally awesome, just like the previous two =D

*Update* HOLYFUDGSICLE!! I was wrong. The cover isn't totally awesome. IT'S BREATHTAKINGLY EPIC! I need this book NOW. Ugh...

Review:
Ugh, my gosh. You don't even know how PAINFUL the wait for this book was for me. The previous book, Crescendo, was the first book I read in 2011 an
Tammara
Patch is possibly the sexiest guy ever written in YA... maybe the sexiest guy ever written, period. That didn't really change over this series, though I have to admit, in Silence Patch never *quite* reached the pinnacle he hit in Hush, Hush. (Not that said pinnacle would be simple to repeat. And honestly, could we really handle it if it was repeated over and over? Okay, NVM, yes, I think we could.)

In Crescendo, he seemed a little too good at ignoring Nora for most of the book. It hurt my feeling
Abyss

Ta autorka si při psaní knihy asi vařila nějaké houbičky, jinak opravdu nevím, neskutečné blbosti tam proplétala. Spoustu věcí by bylo třeba vystříhat... dočetla jsem a dostala parádní záchvat smíchu :D
★Yosbe★
Tengo una relación amor-odio con este libro.

Odio a Nora más que ninguna protagonista. No se como la misma autora puede crear 2 personajes que para mi representan algo totalmente diferente. Nora es la chica más atorrante, caprichosa, egoísta, estúpida, malcriada y todos los abjetivos calificativos que podrían imaginar. EN RESUMEN: Es insoportable. Deberían darnos un premio por aguantarnosla. Es solo el amor a Patch y a la historia en sí por la que uno continua leyendo.

Solo quiero... ghgjhgjhgj
Jayjay481
Ugh. This book was honestly terrible. I feel like Becca is trying too hard to meet the obligations of her contract and the result is a poor storyline and a ridiculous heroine. I can't stand a stupid leading lady...
Laz
Jan 16, 2015 Laz rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: angel lovers
“I love you.” His voice was straightforward, affectionate. “You make me remember who I used to be. You make me want to be that man again. Right now, holding you, I feel like we have a shot at beating all odds and making it together. I’m yours, if you’ll have me.”

I'm melting, this is seriously cute as fuck. I loved this book. You won't see it coming, there's something about this book that made me love this series from the beginning, literally. I don't want to spoil this so I'll try making this
Rose
Quick review for a not so quick, and somewhat belated read. Originally, I had this as one of ten titles I wanted to read from my not-my-cuppa shelf in 2013, but it ended up getting pushed back since I had so many other reads on my plate to tackle. I don't know if stepping away from this series for a time helped, but this didn't come across as painful as I thought it would be. Don't get me wrong, it left me rolling my eyes and annoyed the ever loving crumb out of me, but "Silence" did hold my att ...more
Lissa Smith
Mar 06, 2015 Lissa Smith rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone 9 to 99
Recommended to Lissa by: Books 4 Review Club
Shelves: 2011, 5stars, reviewed
5 Angelic Stars!

I loved the book however; I was disappointed in the author’s lack of recall for her own series. It shocks me how Patch went from a man whose face was dark as a Spaniards in the prologue to hush, hush and now in book three (Silence), his skin tone magically lightened and now has that sun kissed look.Must be the same disease MJ suffered from when he went from black to white. Then again, she did describe Nora as a white woman and some bigots complained… who knows.

I was also confus
Hush Hush Fans: Patch or Jev? 23 97 Mar 26, 2015 10:25PM
Do you think Drew Doyon makes a good Patch? 91 407 Mar 10, 2015 12:13PM
The Nooks of Books: Silence 4 12 Feb 09, 2015 06:40PM
To anyone who has finished Silence (Hush, Hush) 36 504 Dec 29, 2014 10:37PM
Hush Hush Fans: What did you think 13 65 Dec 23, 2014 09:12AM
Hush,Hush and Crescendo refresher 5 25 Nov 03, 2014 07:13AM
  • Taken at Dusk (Shadow Falls, #3)
  • Hades (Halo, #2)
  • Emblaze (The Violet Eden Chapters, #3)
  • Boundless (Unearthly, #3)
  • The Lost Saint (The Dark Divine, #2)
  • The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey, #4)
  • Sweet Peril (The Sweet Trilogy, #2)
  • Angel Fire (Angel, #2)
  • A Fractured Light (A Beautiful Dark, #2)
  • Shift (Shade, #2)
  • My Soul to Save (Soul Screamers, #2)
  • Origin (Lux, #4)
  • Jessica Rules the Dark Side (Jessica, #2)
  • Bloodrose (Nightshade, #3)
  • Dreaming Awake (Falling Under, #2)
  • Until I Die (Revenants, #2)
  • Tiger's Quest (The Tiger Saga, #2)
Becca Fitzpatrick grew up reading Nancy Drew and Trixie Belden with a flashlight under the covers. She graduated college with a degree in health, which she promptly abandoned for storytelling. When not writing, she's most likely prowling sale racks for reject shoes, running, or watching crime dramas on TV. She is the author of the bestselling HUSH, HUSH Saga. Her new book BLACK ICE arrives in book ...more
More about Becca Fitzpatrick...

Hush, Hush (4 books)
  • Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1)
  • Crescendo (Hush, Hush, #2)
  • Finale (Hush, Hush, #4)
Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) Crescendo (Hush, Hush, #2) Finale (Hush, Hush, #4) Black Ice Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush: The Graphic Novel, #1)

22 trivia questions
7 quizzes
More quizzes & trivia...
“He inclined his head at my dress. "What's the occasion?"

"Homecoming," I said, twirling. "Like?"

"Last I heard, Homecoming requires a date."

"About that," i hedged. "I'm sort of...going with Scott. We both figure a high-school dance is the last place Hank will be patrolling."

Patch smiled, but it was tight. "I take that back. If Hank wants to shoot Scott, he has my blessing.”
805 likes
“Fine! I'll throw on some clothes. Turn around. I'm in my pj's"
"I'm a guy. That's like asking a kid not to glance at the candy counter.”
703 likes