Start by marking “How to Survive a Killer Séance (Party Planning, #3)” as Want to Read:
How to Survive a Killer Séance (Party Planning, #3)

How to Survive a Killer Séance (Party Planning #3)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  182 ratings  ·  23 reviews
As party planner Presley Parker investigates a murder during a seance party at San Francisco's famous Winchester Mystery House, she doesn't need a Ouija board to tell her someone's trying to scare her to death...
Published March 1st 2011 by Not Avail (first published January 4th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about How to Survive a Killer Séance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Survive a Killer Séance

LORI CASWELL
Presley Parker is back and finds herself evicted from her Treasure Island barracks office as the building has been condemned. Luckily Brad, the crime clean-up specialist, uses his connections to find new office space for all the evicted businesses.

Presley has no time to waste dealing with building matters as she plans a Séance Party at San Jose's Winchester Mystery House for Jonathon Ellington. He plans to unveil some really cool holographic technology developed by his company. Some real A-leve
Sarah Sammis
I've lived in the Bay Area now for 12 years. The one place I want to go and haven't yet is The Winchester Mystery House. It is the setting for the third of the Party Planner books, How to Survive a Killer Seance by Penny Warner.

Presley Parker's latest client is the CEO of a tech company with a new 4D technology, something like a fully realized hologram. To launch the new product, he wants Presley to put on a seance where Sarah Winchester will materialize (and thus show off the new technology). O
Gaby
Posted at http://oh-my-books.blogspot.com/2011/...

How to Survive a Killer Seance is the third book of this series, and I was dying to read it. This time, Presley is almost obligated to plan a party for Jonathan Ellington at the Winchester Mystery House, but of course, nothing goes as planned.

Dead and infidelity are the protagonists in this story, and Presley is going to be in the middle of it. As always, she starts to investigate who is the possible murderer, which was one of the party attendees
Vera
Warner was a new author to me, and I enjoyed this mystery. Presley Parker is a party planner, and was asked to plan a seance party to take place in the Winchester Mystery House. That made it worth reading to me because of TV shows dealing with the location, but Presley was interesting, too, because she has ADHD, with which I'm too familiar, as I have a daughter with it. My only complaint is that the plot seems a little forced to me. The police have a suspect arrested for the murder, yet the dete ...more
Jenn
Presley Parker is back as an event planner/crime solver. This time she is pressured into planning a Seance for wealthy, cocky and pushy Jonathan, a big wig with a big idea. Fending off his advances in between trying to plan everything he wants is stressing Presley out. Then at the Seance, the 4D hologram accuses Jonathan of all his numerous affairs and then the computer guy is found dead - by a candlestick Jonathan himself carried out of the room. Presley's mom begs her to solve the crime and he ...more
Myhotstylist
these stories just keep getting better and better.
3rd in series, Presley the "Event Planner" is called upon by her mothers' boyfriend to throw a seance party for his son Johnatans' company.. to launch a new 4-D product that will change the world. The catch? They want it held at the Winchester Mystery House!

During the party, the guy operating the 4-D projector ends up dead, and Johnathans fingerprints all over the murder weapon. With the guest list a mile long there are many many suspects and P
Erin
Slightly better than average cozy with your usual cast of characters. I enjoyed the mystery, I just wish that most cozies didn't have such interchangeable characters.
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
Penny Warner's "How to Survive a Killer Seance" is a winner for interesting murder mysteries set in unique situations. This time it was the famous "Winchester Mystery House" in San Jose, CA.

If you like strong sleuths, Presley Parker, interesting jobs-Event Planner, and laughing out loud humor, well this book is for you. Oh, and I forgot...high technology concepts- 4D?

Every character is special and sharply defined. Each book leads you through a maze so that you feel you helped Presley solve the
Brittle
This book was cute. It's a good easy read mystery that you can finish on a plane ride or just a night when you've got some time to kill. It's not as spooky as it sounds, the main character, Presley Parker, throws a "haunted" party to show off a company's new 4D contraption that makes the image look like an actual person standing in the room with you. Of course things go wrong, people start dying, and she's on the case to find the killer. Not the literary sensation of the century, but definitely ...more
Mark Baker
Event planner Presley Parker is hired for a seance themed party at the Winchester Mystery House. But part way through, the "ghost" goes off script. Next thing she knows, the host is missing and a body has turned up. I really like the characters, but plot could have used a bit more polish. It dragged in a few places, and the ending felt rushed.

Read my full review at Carstairs Considers
Natasha
Nov 02, 2011 Natasha rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who wants to host parties
Shelves: mystery
I love the party planning tips in the beginning of each chapter but the mystery part is not enough to satisfy the inner detective in me. The mystery is very quickly solved by our dear Presley Parker; event planner/amateur detective extraordinaire that I couldn't help but wonder where the action is.
Susan
Presley Parker is used to planning parties--but a seance at the famed, possibly haunted Winchester Mystery House? When someone dies during the party, and the host, a suspect, disappears, Presley finds herself trying to uncover someone using a ghost as cover.
Amy
This is just plain fun. I will definitely read more of Warner's mysteries. Not only is it a blast to read about settings, like the Winchester Mystery House, that I have visited but her characters are quirky and very likeable.
Amy
This third installment in the party planning novels was very good! I am totally in love with Brad! I would love for Presley to learn more about him so we readers can learn about him as well!
Hilary Appel
Once again, I enjoyed the authors use of real historic locations in her stories. I have been the Winchester Mystery House and that made the story even more enjoyable!
Gaynor Baker
Not my normal genre but I enjoyed it. It had humor and mystery with a sprinkling of romance in there. Enjoyed it and hope to read some of her other books
Angela
I love Presley! The party planning details are really fun. More of her budding romance in this one and less of her other office mates. A quick satisfying read.
Gail
so much fun already and I'm only on page 29 - love how she uses her relative's names as characters - a really fun read and surprise ending
Karen Desmond
Not the best in the series so far but the use of the Winchester house makes this an intriguing story.
Regan
I love this series! And she's prompted me to go to the Winchester Mystery house this Halloween.
Melodie
3rd in the series and the best so far. Looking forward to the next one!
Laurie Bok
Good. Light mystery with fun characters & a little romance
Astrid Carys
It's been a decent random read.
Florencia Franco
Florencia Franco marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
Doreen
Doreen marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Kayleen
Kayleen marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2015
Rhonda
Rhonda marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2015
  • Formula for Murder (A Maternal Instincts Mystery, #3)
  • Ink Flamingos (Tattoo Shop Mystery, #4)
  • Polished Off (Southern Beauty Shop, #2)
  • A Deadly Cliché (A Books by the Bay Mystery #2)
  • Night of the Living Dandelion (A Flower Shop Mystery, #11)
  • Make, Take, Murder (Kiki Lowenstein Scrap-n-Craft Mystery, #5)
  • Mortar and Murder (A Do-It-Yourself Mystery, #4)
  • Stitch Me Deadly (An Embroidery Mystery, #2)
  • Classified as Murder (Cat in the Stacks, #2)
  • French Polished Murder (A Daring Finds Mystery, #2)
  • Begging for Trouble (Dog Walker Mysteries, #4)
  • Die Buying (A Mall Cop Mystery, #1)
  • Fruit of All Evil (A Farmers' Market Mystery, #2)
  • Scoop to Kill (A Mystery a La Mode, #2)
  • Bride and Doom (Carnegie Kincaid, #6)
  • Never Say Sty (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter Mystery #7)
  • Weeding Out Trouble (Nina Quinn, #5)
  • Harrowing Hats
Penny Warner is an award-winning author of over sixty books, including DEAD BODY LANGUAGE mystery series (Macavity winner), HOW TO HOST A KILLER PARTY series, and the upcoming Food Festival series. Her middle-grade mystery, THE CODE BUSTERS CLUB, won the Agatha Award for Best Children's Mystery.

More about Penny Warner...

Party Planning (5 books)
  • How to Host a Killer Party (Party Planning, #1)
  • How to Crash a Killer Bash (Party Planning, #2)
  • How to Party with a Killer Vampire (Party Planning, #4)
  • How to Dine on Killer Wine (Party Planning, #5)
How to Host a Killer Party (Party Planning, #1) How to Crash a Killer Bash (Party Planning, #2) How to Party with a Killer Vampire (Party Planning, #4) How to Dine on Killer Wine (Party Planning, #5) The Secret of the Skeleton Key (The Code Busters Club, #1)