Heating Up the Kitchen: Recipes with Love from Lucky Harbor

Heating Up the Kitchen: Recipes with Love from Lucky Harbor (Lucky Harbor #2.4)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  315 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Hello Readers,

Thanks for coming to Lucky Harbor. I'm sure your presence has already been noted by Lucille and the rest of her blue-hair posse and will shortly be posted on their Facebook page. Hope you don't have toilet paper stuck to your shoe.

Or any secrets...

Published April 15th 2011 by Forever (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Heating Up the Kitchen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heating Up the Kitchen

seton
I am not sure if I am the right target for this cookbook since I haven't read the Lucky Harbor series and I am an indifferent cook. However, I often try recipes from Epicurious, All-Recipes, and Food&Wine magazine all the time and a recipe is a recipe.

The recipes here are for regular home-made items like casserole, salads, muffins, pies, etc. My biggest problem was that there was no indications of serving size. Some looked like they would serve 5, some looked like they would serve 8-10, but...more
Ellen (more books, please)
An electronic freebie available on Kindle and probably Nook, too.
I did the Honey Bun Muffins this morning. Yum. I did leave out the egg (by accident) and they were still a keeper. Probably won't use the egg in making it.
The other recipes look like ones you would find in neighborhood/school/club fundraiser, and I say that with love and affection. Some of my favorite recipes come from those books.
Anyway, well worth the cost of admission for the muffin recipe.
Pattianne
Jan 19, 2014 Pattianne marked it as to-read
Heating Up the Kitchen - Lucky Harbor Series #2.4 -

Or any secrets...

In these pages are recipes on how to catch a man, how to cope with sisters, and bunches of wisdom. Whoops, sorry. Wrong book. (See either Simply Irresistible, The Sweetest Thing, or Head Over Heels).

T...more
AH
Kobo free download 11/2/11.

About 20 recipes and a preview of Christmas in Lucky Harbor: Simply Irresistible/The Sweetest Thing and Head Over Heels.

Recipes look OK, but take up about 40 pages with the rest of this ebook being previews. It was free on Kobo and Kindle. I notice Kobo is now charging $0.99. Not sure if I would pay for this.
Joyce Hunt
Some of these recipes look really yummy! I can't wait to try them out.
Tam
Apr 18, 2011 Tam marked it as not-for-me
I think this is a great idea! The books have so much food in them (especially #2 with all it's cutely named stuff). And Lucky Harbor feels like a real place to me, and with a lot of B&B's there are recipe books you can take home (and then rarely use, lol), so why wouldn't there be one here. Great Idea for a contribution to the series!

I won't be reading this becuase it's not really my thing (I tend to cook without a guide --- and that tends to not work out. But whatever, I can't change who I...more
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
I love the idea of this free read!

There's about 20 or so recipes that are mentioned in the Lucky Harbor series. If you've read The Sweetest Thing, then you know Tara is a cook. You get all the recipes and more in this fun, little read.

Super sweet, just like some of the desserts in here!
Monique
This is a short book with about 20 recipes. There was only one that I thought I would try - You're My honey bun muffins. What I did like were the quotes between each one. Not sure where the title comes from because it's not much to make my kitchen heat up (at least the way I thought she was referring to). This was a free kindle download and really short so just average.
JoAnne
This was a companion book to The Sweetest Thing - book 2 in the Lucky Harbor series. It's only sold as an ebook. Since I enjoyed the first two books in the series I purchased it. All it is are recipes mentioned in the book. I thought it would at least have some dialog or have a storyline. I was greatly disappointed that it was only a cookbook.
Marie-Michèle

Book full of humor and fun? Yes

Awesome recipes? No

It was ok, nothing more nothing less. I didn't really need new recipes for muffins, waffles, crepes, brownies or fried chicken. Then again, I didn't read the Lucky Harbor series so maybe that's why i'm not so interested.

I'll still try them but i belive in my mom's good old recipes!
Beckey
Very nice to have if you are reading the lucky harbor series!
I am not much of a cookbook reader but I throughly enjoyed!
I usually just wing it with my meals & my dinners come out great, with me trying new seasonings or other "crazy" (my family's term) things with dinner! It's never boring in our house!
Guilty Pleasures
Cute cookbook full of Tara's notes and recipes. I FREAKIN' LOVE the Lucky Harbor Series!!

Click here for the links and what D has to say about Lucky Harbor =)
Darcy
What I liked best about this was all the recipes. As I read the first 2 books I would find my mouth watering with all the dishes they talked about. I can't wait to try a bunch of these out!
KatLynne
May 05, 2011 KatLynne rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone looking for easy, yummy recipes.
Very easy Recipes from Lucky Harbor. Kindle ebook @ $.99 cents.

I've tried three of the breakfast recipes and they were easy, quick, and yummy!
P.A.
Like the sayings in between each recipe but it would be nice if it was easier to get to each recipe without having to know what page it's on.
Paisley
A fun little book that accompanies book #2 and is filled with yummy (and very low fat - cough cough) stuff.
♥ Nell ♥
A great little cook book.... some of the comments made me laugh. It made me feel like I was in Lucky Harbour!
James Piper
Dec 24, 2011 James Piper marked it as reference
"...and in the cooking of these recipes..." How about? "...and in cooking these recipes..."
Diane
a short cook booklet with some decent recipes,but nothing to wrte home about for me
SheLove2Read
Several good recipes and a delicious (pun intended) preview of Head Over Heels.
Emily
YUM!!!

Just what I needed for the school holidays! Plenty of family friendly recipes!!
Judy
Feb 06, 2013 Judy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: kindle
Recipes from the Lucky Harbor kitchen. I'm a sucker for anything from Lucky Harbor...
Heidi
Great recipes from the Lucky Harbor series.
Renee
I really want to try some of these recipes!
Coachlady1
Yummy stuff :)
Tracey
Loved it...
Lasticmax
Lasticmax marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Shilpa
Shilpa marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
  • The Everything Soup, Stew, and Chili Cookbook
  • Circle of Friends Cookbook - 25 Savory Pie Recipes
  • 100 Recipes Every Woman Should Know: Engagement Chicken and 99 Other Fabulous Dishes to Get You Everything You Want in Life
  • How to Drink
  • Any Given Christmas (Sugar Shack, #2)
  • The Everything Family Christmas Book: Stories, Songs, Recipes, Crafts, Traditions, and More!
  • The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook Presents: 10 Summertime Treats
  • SMART SCHOOL TIME RECIPES
  • Susan Mallery's Fool's Gold Cookbook: A Love Story Told Through 150 Recipes (Fool's Gold, #12.1)
  • The Best Light Recipe
  • Kiss Me, I'm Irish
  • Beer Is Proof God Loves Us: The Craft, Culture, and Ethos of Brewing, Portable Documents
  • What Kings Ate and Wizards Drank
  • Eulogy's Secret
  • The Lady & Sons, Too!: A Whole New Batch of Recipes from Savannah
  • The Ultimate Rice Cooker Cookbook: 250 No-Fail Recipes for Pilafs, Risottos, Polenta, Chilis, Soups, Porridges, Puddings, and More, from Start to Finish in Your Rice Cooker
  • Terror by Night: The True Story of the Brutal Texas Murder That Destroyed a Family, Restored One Man's Faith, and Shocked a Nation
  • True Love at Silver Creek Ranch (Valentine Valley, #2)

Look for Jill's latest, THEN CAME YOU, on shelves and ereaders now, and get all her bestselling, award-winning books wherever romances are sold. Also, visit her website for...more
More about Jill Shalvis...
Simply Irresistible (Lucky Harbor, #1) Head Over Heels (Lucky Harbor, #3) The Sweetest Thing (Lucky Harbor, #2) Lucky in Love (Lucky Harbor, #4) Forever and a Day (Lucky Harbor, #6)