Start by marking “The Catwoman: Her Sister's Keeper” as Want to Read:
The Catwoman: Her Sister's Keeper

The Catwoman: Her Sister's Keeper (Catwoman)

Tie into the excitement and interest generated by the release of the blockbuster motion picture Batman Returns--which features Catwoman (played by Michelle Pfeiffer)--with this graphic novel about Batman's feline adversary. Batman was the top-grossing film of 1989, and the book Batman has more than 1.3 million copies in print.
Published May 1st 1991 by DC Comics (first published May 1989)

To ask other readers questions about The Catwoman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Catwoman

Alayne
Feb 17, 2016 Alayne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews, dc-comics
3.75/5

Bueno, en esta novela gráfica se la presenta a Selna Kyle como una prostituta propiamente dicha (como aparece en Año Uno de Batman). El argumento es interesante, aunque en algo (lo de su hermana sobre todo) me hizo acordar al tomo que leí de la Gatúbela de Ed Brubaker (que es mucho mejor).

No sé, me pareció una historia como medio fuerte y algunas escenas están muy buenas, pero por más boluda que suene diciendo esto, leyendo algunas partes y diálogos entre ella y su chulo me sentí re mal. P
Angela
Feb 07, 2015 Angela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic
...-Solo eres otro poli ¿eh?... Mas listo, duro y seductor... Pero solo un poli...Y no lo hago con polis. Gano el primer asalto amor.
-Ganas el primero... Pero habrá otro.

Will they be lovers... or the deadliest of enemies?
Hasnun Coşkun
Oct 29, 2016 Hasnun Coşkun rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
Batman: Year One hikayesinin geçtiği zamanı Catwoman'ın gözünden anlatan, Catwoman'ın origin'i ile ilgili hoş bir hikaye.
Conie Mencia
Rick Hunter
Apr 05, 2015 Rick Hunter rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: nobody
Recommended to Rick by: Ashley
Art: J.J. Birch's art isn't very good even by 1989's comic standards. It has its moments. Some of the police officers and the nuns have decent looking faces but Batman looks bad and Catwoman is horrible. Not only is the character design concept bad (I hated this design in Batman Year One), but it's poorly executed in drawing as well. Add the fact that certain pages were ripped right of Year One and throw on one of the most abysmal covers ever to disgrace a Graphic and you end up with a really ...more
Evan Leach
Aug 05, 2012 Evan Leach rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, 1980-1989, dc
Set during the events of Batman: Year One (even going so far as to reprint whole panels from Frank Miller's story), this miniseries describes the origin of Catwoman. As in Year One, Selina Kyle is practicing the world's oldest profession before donning the cat suit and turning to burglary. Selina's sister, a nun, is concerned about her and ends up getting dragged into Selina's world. Most of the miniseries is concerned with a weird conflict between Selina, Selina's sister, and her pimp*; the fin ...more
Lyric
Jul 18, 2010 Lyric rated it it was ok
Antonio
Nov 04, 2012 Antonio rated it really liked it
Este 'Her Sister's Keeper', el denominado Año Uno de la mujer gato, se sitúa temporalmente durante los acontecimientos acontecidos en el Año Uno de Batman. Mindy Newell aprovecha las bases que puso Frank Miller sobre Catwoman y expande su historia creando un interesante origen.

Nos encontramos con una Selina Kyle trabajando de prostituta en el East Side de Gotham, los bajos fondos. El mal trato que recibe por parte de su chulo la llevan a comenzar su particular metamorfosis hacia lo que finalment
Jamie
Sep 04, 2013 Jamie rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
This story takes place concurrently with Batman: Year One but is not on the same level story-wise and art-wise. It actually uses entire pages and panels from Year One to expound on Selina's story during those same events. I felt the story was convoluted and jumped around a bit too much; it didn't have a nice flow to it. Part of the problem is that the art style and characters are vastly different from Year One, so by inserting those exact panels instead of having this artist redraw them in their ...more
Jamie
Sep 04, 2013 Jamie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ashley
I bought this from a booth in the mall and it was completely sealed up but on clearence. I never had the chance to flip through it before buying but I was so excited about a new Catwoman graphic being added to my collection that I didn't think much of it.

I honestly don't recall much of the story as this was one of about 5 comics that I read in a night while being sick and out of work.

I remember that I was not highly impressed with the artwork and I had the feeling that I had read it before due t
Eric
Feb 16, 2012 Eric rated it it was ok
Not horrible. It does a fairly good job of running with what was done with Year One providing an alternate view of much of the same events even as the book tries to put down roots into different themes.

The art is not great and makes the direct lifts from Year One all the more obvious.

I don't know if I can recommend it beyond a curio.

Bob Foster
Dec 12, 2013 Bob Foster rated it liked it
This compiles the first volume of Catwoman as an independent title. It builds on the glimpses of Catwoman one saw in Batman:Year One and The Long Halloween and focuses on Selina Kyle's own tortured personal life. The melodrama is a little pat at times, but the artwork is good, and Kyle's emotional transformation is genuinely chilling. Passable read.
Julian Munds
Dec 11, 2015 Julian Munds rated it liked it
Shelves: comcs
This comic is a bit wonky. The art is uneven. The men's faces get lost in a wrinkly hell. The conflict is reductive. Nothing I havn't read before. Interesting, tie in with Year One, even though it feels a bit tacked on. Gives a solid expansion of the Frank Miller Selina Kyle.
Andrew Ives
Aug 03, 2011 Andrew Ives rated it liked it
Reasonable story and adequate artwork throughout, but really it goes on a bit too long for what it is - pretty much solely a linear Catwoman story. There are plenty of redundant panels, the storyline is too seedy for children yet not convoluted enough for adults. I almost liked it, but not quite.
Ryan Scicluna
A very dark and mature take on Catwoman's origin. The events take place simultaneously with Batman: Year One so its a plus. I always prefer Catwoman being a prostitue who had a rough time since she was a kid. this gives her a dark edge which makes sense with Batman's dark universe and origins.
Nicolas
May 21, 2013 Nicolas rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
A little clunky, a little dated, but still a decent story. Nice dialogue between Catwoman & Batman.
Edward Petersen
Dec 02, 2015 Edward Petersen rated it liked it
Shelves: own
Interesting story, but slow. The artwork is only so-so. The best part was recognizing the crossover to Miller's Year One.
Ryan Frandi
Sep 05, 2015 Ryan Frandi rated it liked it
Something felt off for the entire series. Wasn't terrible but it wasn't great either. Art was kind of weak. Nice to learn more about Catwoman's origin and family.
Nancy Duncan
Love the fact that this gives the reader a glimpse into the life of Selina before the catsuit. Catwoman has always been my hero and i kinda wish that this was longer.
Wolverina
Jul 29, 2013 Wolverina rated it liked it
Hate the grim dark Miller world it is set in (so dull) but this manages to spin a good story out of it. Love the shaved head Selina too.
Paul Mazzoleni
Paul Mazzoleni rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2011
Aythams
Aythams rated it liked it
Apr 16, 2015
Mike
Mike rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2012
Precious
Precious rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2016
Alejandro Sanchez
Alejandro Sanchez rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2016
Dale
Dale rated it it was ok
May 08, 2013
Kaleb Hilton
Kaleb Hilton rated it liked it
Mar 02, 2015
Josh
Josh rated it really liked it
Dec 05, 2009
  • Batman: Gotham County Line
  • Batman: Birth of the Demon
  • Robin: A Hero Reborn
  • Batman: Four of a Kind

Catwoman (1 - 10 of 49 books)
  • Catwoman: Defiant