Start by marking “Powder of Love” as Want to Read:
Powder of Love

Powder of Love

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Erotic Historical Romance.

Wealthy heiress Rosalie Ambermere doesn’t know why Gideon Reed sits scowling in her sitting room. Or why she finds him so appealing. She’d envisioned her heart falling to a serene gentleman, not to this unpolished, brooding man. And yet she finds Mr. Reed absurdly attractive. Surely her craving for his touch is due to the strange powder she recent
ebook
Published March 1st 2011 by Loose Id

To ask other readers questions about Powder of Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Powder of Love

.þµŋψà. [Punya Reviews...]
Deviant Divas
"Powder of Love" is a delightful, historic novel set in New York City in 1880. The plot of this novel revolves around a mysterious powder that is an extremely potent aphrodisiac. This powder has been left to Miss Rosalie Ambermere by her late uncle, who was considered to be quite depraved. After seeing the effect the powder has on her chaperone, Rosalie is desperate to find a way to rid herself of the powder. This is where the fun begins.

The characters in "Powder of Love" are well thought out, w
Eli Easton
This is a really different and enjoyable het romance. When I do read m/f romance, I usually read regency. This story had regency feel though it is set in New York in the last 1800's (I think). There is still the nice tension of the class structure (the heroine is very rich and high-born and the hero is more working class) and also the insistence of 'innocence' for respectable females (the heroine is a virgin).

However, I really liked the differences too. The heroine, Rosalie, is very independent
Romancing the Book
Reviewed By~Robin
Review Copy Provided By~Author

I think that I have to pay attention to the titles I choose to read a little more. I thought when I chose this book it said ‘the power of love”, not ‘the powder of love. Go ahead laugh if you must, I did.

Ms. Rosalie Ambermere comes into a rather unusual aphrodisiac she inherited from a cousin who was very free in his sexual explorations. So much so that Rosalie sought him out in hopes to learn more. She finds upon his passing that she is the proud
jo_t
A lustful heirloom plays cupid

Rosalie Ambermere, an English heiress living in New York City, has her contented life turned upside down when her wicked cousin Johnny, Lord Williamsford, named her his heir. Among his vast collection of naughty objects, a dangerous aphrodisiacal powder, sought after by many.

Ignoring her lawyer’s warnings, Rosalie doesn’t take the aphrodisiac seriously until she witnesses an embarrassing incident with a shy lady who serves as her companion. Emily Renshaw indulges,
Kelly
Kept me entertained!

Kept me entertained!

Loved it! The love story was believable. The characters (even the bad ones) were likable. Hot! blush giggle

Totally Worth It!
TreLyn Cecile
Pretty good read. Had a little trouble at first keeping my attention but as I got further into reading it took a turn and I couldn't stop. Loved the party and the parts about the powder. Couldn't stop laughing at some of the things about it and how they were affected.
Donna
My expectations weren't high, given it was a free book and the idea seemed like it was going to be hard to sell to me, but I was pleasantly surprised. It sucked me in and I couldn't wait for the h & H to declare their love.
Kate
Mar 01, 2011 Kate rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
See, Daisy Harris? This is the way to rate your own books! A FIVE! Yup! Okay, it is sort of embarrassing....
Rosa C.
I liked that it was set in NY and not in England. I also liked the characters.
Rachel
Apr 11, 2011 Rachel added it
review coming soon...
Stace
Sep 01, 2013 Stace marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie, kindle-tbr
Aka powder of sin
glitrbug
glitrbug marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Jody
Jody marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Janet
Janet added it
Dec 21, 2014
Vivienne
Vivienne marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Manya
Manya marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Mary Larsen
Mary Larsen marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Rettah
Rettah added it
Aug 26, 2014
♥Juvia♥
♥Juvia♥ marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Diane K. Peterson
Diane K. Peterson marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Greenprarie
Greenprarie marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Here's where the excerpt should go. An Excerpt! 2 4 Apr 27, 2011 06:18PM
Summer Devon is the pen name writer Kate Rothwell often uses. Whether the characters are male or female, human or dragon, her books are always romance.

You can visit her facebook page, where there's a sign up form for a newsletter (she'll only send out newsletters when there's a new Summer Devon or Kate Rothwell release and she will never ever sell your name to anyone).

Her blog is available her
More about Summer Devon...
Goodbye Phillip The Tail of a Dog The Gentleman and the Lamplighter The Psychic and the Sleuth Taming the Bander (Solitary Shifters #1)