Start by marking “River Marked (Mercy Thompson, #6)” as Want to Read:
River Marked (Mercy Thompson, #6)

River Marked (Mercy Thompson #6)

4.26  ·  Rating Details ·  58,280 Ratings  ·  3,048 Reviews
Being a different breed of shapeshifter-a walker-Mercy Thompson can see ghosts, but the spirit of her long-gone father has never visited her. Until now, on her honeymoon with the Alpha werewolf Adam. An evil is stirring in the depths of the Columbia River-and innocent people are dying. As other walkers make their presence known to Mercy, she must reconnect with her ...more
Published March 1st 2011 by Ace

To ask other readers questions about River Marked, please sign up.

Ken Not sure that is the question I want answered. I want to know if Patricia will outlive me. I need a steady diet of her books until I kick off this…moreNot sure that is the question I want answered. I want to know if Patricia will outlive me. I need a steady diet of her books until I kick off this mortal coil.(less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Rae Whitefeather That would be.... interesting.

Anzu The Great Destroyer
*edit 22 Dec 2011*

No? Too much? Nevermind…

YES! Finally a great book! Finally a use for the mysterious walking stick!! Oh such a wonderful day! What a wonderful life!

Love Mercy
Love Adam
Love Coyote
Love Fishy Thing Creature

It just might be the best in the series.

P.S. Chris Hemsworth is so hot.

P.P.S.

Mandi Schreiner
Feb 23, 2011 Mandi Schreiner rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: uf
Favorite Quote: Adam didn’t approve of Walmart.

Note: This is a spoiler-free review!

I had not read any blurbs or spoilers for this book before I started it and let me tell you how surprised I was at the first few chapters in this one. Yes, it tells the big surprise on the inside of the jacket cover – but since I am posting this review before release date, I don’t feel comfortable talking about it. So I’m not going to talk a lot about the plot. But I will tell you this.

I read this series for two r
Kat Kennedy
Dec 11, 2013 Kat Kennedy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
River Marked is a good book. There's not really any reason to think otherwise.

It follows on faithfully the tale of Mercedes Thompson through her marriage and honeymoon. Fans of the series might be very relieved that this book's mystery doesn't deal with fae, vampire or pack issues unlike previous books.

After a lovely wedding, Mercy and Adam head off on their romantic and sex fueled honeymoon. The book is very light on any sexual descriptions, possably causing a number of frustrated groans from f
Carol.
May 29, 2016 Carol. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Briggs fans
I consider this the Mercy installment written for the romance fans. When I first read it in 2011, I felt like the pacing was awkward but overall appreciated and enjoyed the story, particularly the exploration of Mercy's heritage. Re-reading confirms the overall issues with the series Silver Borne/series review but it remains an enjoyable installment.

It begins with Mercy rescuing a male friend from himself, followed by pre-wedding jitters, encouraged by Mercy's mom now including butterflies and b
Anna
Patricia Briggs has this amazing ability to keep this series feeling fresh. Unlike other longer series (for example, the Sookie Stackhouse Mysteries) the plot lines never feel contrived or forced. River Marked is the epitome of Brigg's ability to tell a story that feels so real, despite the fantasy. When more is revealed about Mercy's background it seems authentic, not like Sookie's fairyblood, which seemed pulled out of Harris' ass. The new supernaturals fall flawlessly into their place in ...more
Angela
January 2016 Re-read: Buddy read with Sarah.

Next to Iron Kissed, I think this is the most emotional book for me. We get a LOT more time with just Mercy and Adam. A lot more insight into Mercy's heritage. And a lot more emotion throughout it all. I became very quickly attached to characters we just met, and love Adam and Mercy even more than I ever have.

Original Review:
Mercy's going crazy. And it's not the fae, wolves, or vampires that are scaring her this time.

It's her wedding. More specifica
Duchess Nicole
Wow, I feel like this series needed this book at this point. If you've been aching for some quality Adam/Mercy time, you get it in spades! Most of this story is just the two of them, along with a few new secondary characters. There is a lot of romance, and not the uber sexy kind. Just good old loving and bonding between a couple that has very little face time in their every day life. Due to the enormous responsibility of Adam's position in the pack...and therefore Mercy's as well...they get ...more
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
4.5 STARS!!!

Even after five books, Briggs is able to keep the Mercy Thompson world fresh. I found that this book was very different from the others. It’s set in an entirely different place. No garage here, even though I kind of missed that. The Pack is set on the sidelines, while Mercy and Adam take centre stage and new characters are introduced. The newbies are very interesting because they are the first Native Americans we’ve encountered in this series apart from Mercy. River-Marked explores
Alex is The Romance Fox
I discovered this series when I read this book and that was it!!! I knew I was going to love reading Mercy Thompson’s adventures!!! And I do love this series!!! I am totally addicted!!

River Marked is the 6th book in the series and it’s quite different to the previous novels as it’s mostly set away from Mercy’s home and a whole new set of characters are introduced, which gives us more information about Mercy’s heritage.

Mercy & Adam are now married and mated and set off on their honeymoon to a
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
There's an old proverb that goes something like, beware of what you wish for, for you may get it. So I wished (asked the publisher) for a copy of the upcoming Mercy Thompson book, Fire Touched. I got my wish, yay! And then I realized how many books are between book #5, where I was, and Fire Touched, book #9. Plus there's an Alpha and Omega book that, I've been reliably informed, absolutely needs to be read right after River Marked. So I'll be plowing through these books in the next few weeks! Lu ...more
TJ
Jan 04, 2014 TJ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5.0

*warning* a huge torrent of gushing admiration about to commence...

I now understand people who are so blinded by their love of an author, they truly believe they can write no wrong (listen closely Lisa Kleypas fans) The eye rolling is over, I am officially capitulating and stand repentant... I am now one of you - with Patricia Briggs. I love everything about the way she writes. Her Mercedes Thompson series is humorous, suspenseful, touching, warm, scary, inventive, romantic - everything,
Bj
4 "Who is Mercy Thompson?" Stars for the story and 5 Stars for the narration!

Six books into the series and the Mercy Thompson Series is still holding strong as one of my favorite PNR/UF romance series of all time. All that said, this wasn't my favorite book in the series. To me, this book almost read as a stand-alone with a somewhat different focus than the prior books in the series. In that regard, the main driver of the plot in this book was discovering Mercy's previously alluded to, but yet
Angela James
Okay, I finished this last night and I'm not going to do any type of in-depth review, but I wanted to get a few thoughts down. I think people will either love this book or feel a bit meh about it. The book is very much about two things: Adam and Mercy's relationship and Mercy's...biological roots. I think that the outside conflict of the "big bad" is instead used to support the development of those two stories, rather than being the driving force of the book. I enjoyed this.

This book contains a
Choko
*** 4 ***

So once again I have to write something about a book in the Mercy Thompson world and I feel like anything I say would be redundant... I love the strongly influenced by the Native American culture of storytelling and mythology tale Patricia Briggs has gifted us with. I love the characters she has created and managed to enthrall us with. I love the creativity the world is build upon and the unobtrusive descriptiveness everything from the smallest action to the wildest character feature a
Dj
Jun 11, 2011 Dj rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wishlist
I LOVE the Mercedes Thompson series!!!!!!!!! okay, so now that that's out of the way. Mrs. Briggs....you best bring my boy Stephan and his mystery machine back. or we gonna have a few issues.

*************************** after reading *******************************************
STEFAN WAS BACK! not in a way i expected but yes he was indeed back. Thank you Ms. Briggs. This book was pretty good, I felt you could see more of Mercy and Adams relationship develop and how they've grown, and how Mercy has
Christine
Woo-hoo!!! Bring on a new Mercy, I can't wait :) :) :) :)
Lisa Kay
[image error]

(This is a review of the audiobook.) This sixth installment of Mercy Thompson’s series is very well narrated by Lorelei King. Ms. King certainly has cemented her voice as Mercy’s in my brain and she delivers nicely for this first person narrative. Love her Italian accent for Stefan (a vampire), who features in the opening scenes of this volume. It has kind of a “I want to drink your blood…” cadence to it, but Ms. King totally gets
♥Rachel♥
Jul 24, 2014 ♥Rachel♥ rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio-book
Loved spending time with Adam and Mercy again!

Lorelei King's narration as usual was amazing!
Lady Allison
She always has amazing covers, I can't wait!
Laura the Highland Hussy
I really enjoyed this latest Mercy Thompson book.

I think that watching Adam and Mercy get married and have a honeymoon was great fun, especially since we all know Mercy can't go 5 minutes without a new enemy.

This time, the Fae are involved in their honeymoon plans, which can come to no good. But we get (for the first time) a bit of her Native American heritage here.

We learn about Mercy's father. We also see a lot of Coyote, the Coyote.

In this book, Mercy is up against an ancient river monster a
Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead

I'm sorry, this is going to come across as completely selfish but so be it, I didn't care what happened to anyone in this book EXCEPT Mercy & Adam. Saying that, the first 2/3 of the book involved a story I didn't care for with a group of people I cared less about. Yeah, I know, I'm a bitch. But I want Mercy and Adam, and I want them with the pack. So sue me, I'm selfish.
Lisa MH
Apr 11, 2011 Lisa MH rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
I love the Mercy Thompson books, so I went into this one with high expectations. And it was good; it just wasn't great.

Pros-

It's a Mercy Thompson book. That alone put it on my instant read list. I adore Mercy's world and the characters within. Briggs has created a truly wonderful and enjoyable universe for us to enjoy.

As always in this series, Briggs displays her strength as a great author. I don't remember any scene that I had to re-read or puzzle through. She paints such a vivid picture with h
Rashika (is tired)
Angela is re-reading this and stuff and has so graciously allowed to me to read along and continue the series with her.

If it weren't for Angela I wouldn't have given this series a second shot and I am really glad I did. I definitely owe her.

The last two books sucked for me and if they sucked for you too, all I can tell you is to have faith because this one gets better. Infinitely better. It was worth every minute I spend reading it.

Adam and Mercy have one of the best relationships ever and Adam
AH

I was very excited getting my hands on this book. I love all of the Mercy books; I love the world and all of the characters. This book was a little flat for me when compared to the other books in the series.

Don't get me wrong. Mercy and Adam are wonderful together. I love how Mercy can tame the wild side of Adam's wolf. I love their connection. I just didn't feel the story, even though when I think of it, the story is fine.

I was so happy for Mercy and Adam. Finally married in a beautiful ceremo
♔ Jaela ♊ Killer ⚔ QUEEN
DNF ~ 35%
Since I started this book in January, I've been wanting to finish it any day, but I can't make myself to do it. Every time I pick up the book to read it, there is always some other book more interesting than this. It really is very very boring. I loved the first books in the series, they were really refreshing and interesting, but now it's offering nothing new to me. Maybe I'm done with these long series, although there are some very good ones that still amaze me even after 10-12 books.
Aly is so frigging bored
1st Read July 23 to 24, 2012
This was great!!! I loved everyone and that walking stick is amazing(I want one as cool as it as soon as I can find it :D)!

PS: I know I'll re-read this sometime, I had so much fun reading it!

2nd Read June 26 to 28, 2015
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads
I don't understand why so many people liked this book so much less than the others. It's my absolute favorite so far. I love, love, LOVED it. I've always loved Native American Folklore though. But that's just me.
Meep
Aug 20, 2013 Meep rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Found this book just didn't hold my interest. It's not the same character as in the previous books and I fear Briggs has focused more on the spin offs and written this merely to fullfil a contract.

The Mercy we've come to know is a strong character, from introduction in this she's become a flippant caricature. She visits Stefan simply because it's necessary to mention some of the side characters and acts completely out of character (view spoiler)
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
With books like this there are already so many reviews not much else to say so this will be short.

Did I love it yes? Yes

Did I miss the pack? Yes

Was the plot interesting and engaging? Yes

Still love the characters? Yes

New and like able characters? Yes but still missed old ones

Want to read many more Mercy books? Yes

Wish Adams penis had been detailed? Yes, please

Maybe my memory is wrong but (view spoiler)
Tracey
Patricia Briggs reconfirmed all the reasons I already love her by the way the story begins in River Marked. There's something going on in the Columbia River, and Mercy and Adam just happen to find themselves on the scene … I love it. Mercy is manipulated into something she would have probably done anyway, but in such a way that she can't really take offense, and that at least the beginning of her honeymoon is untainted.

I love the slow unraveling of a knot that had been in the background of ever
QUESTION ABOUT MERCY AND ADAM (for those who have read the books) 86 631 Jan 10, 2016 10:20AM
A Million More Pages: 6 - River Marked (Mercy Thompson): Jul 28 5 10 Aug 03, 2015 08:45PM
*Best Sellers* Bo...: River Marked: Rate, Comment and Review 1 6 Apr 01, 2015 11:14AM
Shut Up & Read: River Marked by Patricia Briggs 30 30 Jul 30, 2014 03:21AM
mercy? 14 202 Feb 09, 2014 06:03AM
Urban Fantasy ser...: January SRA: RIVER MARKED by Patricia Briggs 1 10 Dec 30, 2013 02:50PM
  • Magic Burns (Kate Daniels, #2)
  • Blood Cross (Jane Yellowrock, #2)
  • Fathers and Sons (Curran POV, #2)
  • One Salt Sea (October Daye, #5)
  • Night Season (World of the Lupi, #4)
  • Tangled Threads (Elemental Assassin, #4)
  • Kitty Goes to Washington (Kitty Norville, #2)

Patricia Briggs was born in Butte, Montana to a children’s librarian who passed on to her kids a love of reading and books. Patricia grew up reading fairy tales and books about horses, and later developed an interest in folklore and history. When she decided to write a book of her own, a fantasy book seemed a na
More about Patricia Briggs...

Mercy Thompson (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Moon Called (Mercy Thompson, #1)
  • Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson, #2)
  • Iron Kissed (Mercy Thompson, #3)
  • Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson, #4)
  • Silver Borne (Mercy Thompson, #5)
  • Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson, #7)
  • Night Broken (Mercy Thompson, #8)
  • Fire Touched (Mercy Thompson, #9)
  • Silence Fallen (Mercy Thompson, #10)
  • Untitled  (Mercy Thompson, #11)

“Nothing says you're sorry like a dead bunny.” 283 likes