3.43 of 5 stars 3.43  ·  rating details  ·  505 ratings  ·  47 reviews
With her beloved mother gone, her twin sister about to be married, and no hint of Mr. Right on the horizon, Josie Dupre is lonesome. Luckily, she has her booming New Orleans catering business to keep her busy, and her fluffy white dog, Rosie, to keep her company...until an obnoxious Boxer brazenly captures Rosie's undying devotion. Even worse, the budding romance puts Josi...more
Paperback
Published February 1st 2004 by Zebra (first published April 1st 2000)

Elena
This is how it starts off: The hero comes to heroine's place with his big dog who makes a mess. Her dog jumps at the man's throat and the heroine verbally attacks the poor man, threatening him with a gun because his dog ripped up her dog's toy?!!?!?!?!?
Ummmm ok ?! Starts off DEMENTED!

Another thing - i am actually listening to the AudioBook > the narrator sounds like she has a speech impediment (i'm really sorry and no offence meant-i've listened to her before and she did NOT sound like this...more
Cyndy Aleo
Fern Michaels has been a bestselling romance author for decades, and I hadn't read a single one of her books. With Listen to Your Heart , I can now say I have read one of her books. I don't expect that number to increase any time soon.

Listen to Your Heart is set in a pre-Hurricane Katrina New Orleans, which Michaels insists on calling N'Awlins for at least the first half of the book, in case you don't understand that people from Louisiana have an accent. (NOTE MY BLANK AND POINTED STARE). She i...more
Arlith
Most of it envolves people chasing after their dogs. The two dogs like each other, so the dog's owners fall in love. There's a touch of supernatural stuff about this too...her dead mother's perfume can be smelled sometimes. To me, this book was trying to be too many things, and didn't suceed with any of them.
Margo Mestey
Page 184...... That's how far I was able to force myself to read. I've never liked bad reviews, I thought if you don't like it don't read it. But I was wrong. I genuinely enjoy reading. And for the most part find something great from any book regardless the genre. But I can't for the life of me make it through this one.

First book that I've read by Fern Michaels. If the others read like this than I'm packing up the books. The characters read like they were nervous so there for rambled most of the...more
Fern Michaels
Contempory Romnace
214 pages
copyright: 2000
isbn: 1-57566-572-7

With her parents gone, her twin sister, Kitty, about to be married, and no hint of Mr. Right on the horizon, Josie Dupre is lonesome. Luckily, she has her booming New Orleans catering business, and her fluffy white dog, Rosie, to keep her company.

Then, with all the subtlety of Bourbon Street at Mardi Gras, a jumbo-sized Boxer destroys Josie's flowering windowboxes, and in the process, brazenly captures...more
Kim T.
I really enjoyed this story. I opted to listen to the audio version. I don't think I have ever laughed so much with a book. It was delightful. The Louisiana flavor and style were infectious. The way the author weaved the storyline together was seriously captivating. I totally would have given this book a five star rating were it not for the cussin (That's a Southern term.). Surely no good woman worth her salt would ever do such a thing...out loud that is. Lol. ;-)
Amylou1977
a good book

about:
This delightful story about orphaned twin sisters is set in New Orleans where Josie and Kitty Dupr run a catering business. With Kitty about to get married, Josie finds herself alone and at a crossroads. At times, Josie feels that their deceased mother is trying to send her a message. She senses her presence and smells her mother's cologne.

On the eve of the hectic spring catering season, Josie's life is turned upside down by the arrival of mysterious Paul Brouillette and his r...more
Margaret
I checked into Goodreads today to see if I am the only person who thinks this is a 'badread'. I'm about 30 percent through the book on my Kindle and wanting to quit. And it's extremely rare for me not finish a book once I've started. But thanks to the previous posters who have confirmed my opinion, I'm going to say life is to short to keep reading such drivel. The whole thing with the dogs is just idiotic(and I am a dog lover!) . Josie writes a food column and creates recipes and is such a bad c...more
Julie
I bought this book as a $0.99 deal for my Kindle and was excited to finally something of Fern Michaels' books. I love it when I find an author who has a ton of books that I haven't read yet.

Unfortunately, this book was so scattered and haphazard that it became a joke! There were just too many situations in the book that didn't make sense and made the book terrible. (Perhaps the biggest blunder was Paul meeting his long-lost niece and sweeping her away from her home. Who in their right mind would...more
Bronwyn Rykiert
Not one of Fern Michael's best effor but it is an okay read.

Josie and Kitty Depre are twins who live in New Orleans and they have been left a catering business by their parents. Kitty is the cook and Josie does the rest as she cannot cook. Kitty is about to get married and Josie realises that she be on her own then.

Bargining Into her life comes entrepreneur Paul Brouillette when his boxer goes through their screen door after her maltese terrier. The dogs fall in love instantly and are hard to pa...more
Bonnie
the only enjoyable portion of this book is the interaction of two dogs. ho-hum.
Lena
I felt the plot was too predictable and I could hardly relate to the main character. She actually annoyed me as I read more and more about her. I did enjoy the fact that it was set in New Orleans, and I can imagine which homes they were in, but that was the only saving grace. She was descriptive of the setting and the flowers and the smells, and that made me homesick, but the characters could have been described better.
An easy pool read, but not something I would buy if it were any more than $0...more
Sally Gibson
this was a cute book, enjoyed reading it
Sarah Lewis
Dec 06, 2007 Sarah Lewis rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who likes a cute romance
It was the first Fern Michaels I've read. I will definitely read more. The book was about this woman who has a twin sister and they run their own catering business. When their parents died suddenly they both came home and took over the business. Josie and Paul meet in a frenzy with their dogs falling in love. The only way to get their dogs to do anything is to set up dates for the dogs, which leds to more incounters for them. I thought it would make a great Hallmark movie.
Kathy
Sweet romance, but it stutters.. why does Paul need to be mugged and hospitalized for 2 weeks, and he doesn't call anyone? what's going on with Kitty's sister's romance? would a long last neice at a drop of a hat leave her home with her 3 year old son to go with an uncle she didn't know? Why did the elderly aunts come to work for the catering service for all of 3 days? but in the end... everyone lives happily ever after.
Brooke
I had never read a "romance novel" that wasn't considered "chick-lit" so I gave it a shot. I now know why. They guy had a pony tail and they fell in love because their dogs (ugh, dogs) liked each other. I swear. I couldn't make it up. So much for broadening my horizons. Maybe there's good romance out there, this wasn't it for me. It's kind of like cream of wheat... oh wait, I'm quoting Tina Fey again.
Michelle
I finished Listen to Your Heart by Fern Michaels. I really enjoyed it. Like all romances, it was little silly at times. But it was a light and easy read, with some humorous moments. I'd recommend this book for anyone, dog lovers especially, that's looking for something light and easy to read.
~KarenH~
This was a sweet story, and I loved the "puppy love" aspect of it, but it suffered from the same affliction that a lot of novellas do - it was just too short. It would have been a much better story if about 50 pages were added so the characters and plot could have been developed more fully.
Michelle
Not a book that I would normally read, but my mom left this after visiting. It is a light, "beach" read. I liked the character of Josie, but found the plot rather predictable. There were a few inconsistencies as well. Overall, I would say this was a decent read.
Beverly
Fun to read but silly at the same time. One must suspend belief in order to read this book. A top executive gets mugged and doesn't call anyone to let them know he is all right? People trust perfect strangers to watch their dogs and change their lives. Have fun.
Jeanne
Fern Michaels is known for including dogs into her story lines--this book, however, seemed to center mostly around the dogs!! A little different than what I’ve encountered in her other novels I’ve read, but was an enjoyable listening experience!!
Margaret Fraleigh
This book takes place around New Orleans. An easy read and good
story. It is about twin girls who are picking up their lives
after the death of their parents. Heartwarming story.
Crystal
Usually I like her style of writing, however, this book I just could not get into reading it. The storyline, I thought, was very hard to follow and the plot lacked something.
Virginia
I am sorry, but i had to stop reading this book. It is awful. I read Fern Michaels Kentucy trilogy and i loved it...not this book.
Janet
It was silly. It was corny. But the recipes in the back look very tempting. I copied them cause it isn't my book. And I'll try them.
Nina
This is a good book about coming to grips with the passing of a parent and getting on with your life. I enjoyed it very much.
Lucy Bilik
This was a great book about twin sisters who are opposites in character. Wonderful funny story line. Great easy read love story!
Elizabeth
So far I like it with some amusing parts and little episodes with pets. It is a bit sappy, predictable and cheesy.
Lisa Voisen
A cute, but predictable love story. Too much silly conversation in the story that could have been omitted.
Sharon Sherman
I just reread this for the second or possibly the third time. I still enjoy it as much as ever before.
  • Promise Me Forever
  • Mistletoe Mine (Eternity Springs, #3.5)
  • Remember Me (Darlington and Montgomery Families, #1)
  • River Road (Callahan Brothers, #2)
  • Hot Flash
  • The Right Choice
  • Hawks Mountain
  • Big Lake
  • The Pleasure Trap (Trap, #3)
  • Sweeter Savage Love (Creole Historical, #2)
  • Dear Cupid
  • The Warrior Trainer (Stones of Destiny, #1)
  • Enchantress
  • Serpent In Paradise
  • Only Love (Only Series, #4)
  • A Vow to Love
  • With a Southern Touch: Adam/A Night in Paradise/Garden Cop
Fern Michaels isn’t a person. I’m not sure she’s an entity either since an entity is something with separate existence. Fern Michaels® is what I DO. Me, Mary Ruth Kuczkir. Growing up in Hastings, Pennsylvania, I was called Ruth. I became Mary when I entered the business world where first names were the order of the day. To this day, family and friends call me Dink, a name my father gave me when I...more
More about Fern Michaels...
Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood, #1) Payback (Sisterhood, #2) Vendetta (Sisterhood, #3) The Jury (Sisterhood, #4) Sweet Revenge (Sisterhood #5)