Start by marking “The Grave Robbers Of Genghis Khan (Children Of The Lamp, #7)” as Want to Read:
The Grave Robbers Of Genghis Khan (Children Of The Lamp, #7)

The Grave Robbers Of Genghis Khan (Children of the Lamp #7)

The final installment of bestselling P. B. Kerr's magical Children of the Lamp series!
Djinn twins John and Philippa are off on another enchanting, and dangerous, adventure in the last book in the bestselling Children of the Lamp series. As volcanoes begin erupting all over the world, spilling golden lava, the twins must go on a hunt for the wicked djinn who wants to rob t
Published November 1st 2011 by Orchard Books (first published January 11th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Grave Robbers Of Genghis Khan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Grave Robbers Of Genghis Khan

Darth J
Jul 22, 2016 Darth J rated it it was ok
1.5 stars for this book
2.5 for the series overall

When I first looked into this series I thought it had everything I wanted: a supernatural element, international adventures, and no romance. By those qualities alone, I should have loved these books. But I didn't. The first one was okay and usually when I read the first book in a series, I just binge buy the rest so I can read them all at once. I need to stop doing that. This isn't to say that I hated these books, only that they were not very ente
Lucy
Aug 14, 2012 Lucy rated it really liked it
This final installment of my favourite series is a teensy bit disappointing. While I understand that all good things must come to an end, I, like so many others, want to cling onto the characters I love until the bitter end, so I was sad. I must admit, I actually cried. And even though there's very little closure (an epilogue would have been nice, Mr. Kerr!) I think, by going back and reading the series over again (I hadn't read any of the books for at least a couple years by the time I got my ...more
Mattie D
Feb 20, 2013 Mattie D rated it it was ok
Cat Chiappa
May 13, 2012 Cat Chiappa rated it it was ok

I have enjoyed this series over the past seven years but this last book was a disappointing finish. I enjoyed the book right up until the last 50 pages but I felt the rest was tied up rather hastily and was a letdown for what was a rather enjoyable series.
Nadine
Sep 15, 2015 Nadine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4,5 Sterne
Es war toll mit diesem Buch wieder im die Welt der Kinder des Dschinn einzutauchen die ich ansonsten vor ca. 5 Jahren gelesen habe :D
Heather
Apr 19, 2012 Heather rated it it was amazing
Shane
Mar 23, 2012 Shane rated it liked it
Not a bad book, but certainly not a great ending to this fantastic series. Firstly, Kerr got a little too wrapped up in the science around the story and in making sure we all know just how smart Philippa and her brother are. It really slowed the story down. The storyline its self, espceially the side track after Groanin leaves Nimrod's service are spectacular. Not a bad book, just weighed down by the science and a clunky ending.
Amy reader
Apr 19, 2012 Amy reader rated it it was ok
that is soo stupid how they ended it!! I mean I fell in love with the characters and plot dont get me wrong the series is great but what happened you know! I mean,what also happened to the whole Dybbuk and Phillipa thing!! The ending terrible, the memories AMAZING!!
Crystal
May 31, 2012 Crystal rated it liked it
I hated the ending! Too many unanswered questions. You get the juvenile feeling of "welp I'm done and don't feel like writing anymore." I gave it 3 stars out of true enjoyment of the series as a whole and the book was great until the last few chapters.
Rachel
Apr 01, 2013 Rachel rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy-sci-fi
This wasn't enthralling at all. I never got excited about it and had no problem leaving it for two days to read The Economist. A real disappointment as a series ending!
Rochelle
May 02, 2012 Rochelle rated it liked it
I didn't like this one as well as I have liked some of the others. I'm not sure I loved how it ended, especially as it is the end of the entire series.
Alice
Sep 18, 2013 Alice rated it liked it
A bit preachy at the end.
Hayley
Jul 19, 2015 Hayley rated it it was ok
The short: The final installment of the Children of the Lamp series. A good solid, “MEH.”

The long:

It started off as a good series, truly. I remember reading The Akhenaten Adventure multiple times when I was younger, loving this particular interpretation of djinn (my first introduction to the concept beyond “Genie” from Disney’s Aladdin), learning about magic and Egypt, and wishing I too could be half-djinn. But maybe being on the bestsellers’ list got to Kerr’s head or maybe the editors slacke
Daisy
Shame, this series was really growing on me but this was a very disappointing end. The author's note told me to wipe the tear from my eye after I'd finished the book (uh, arrogant!) but, sorry P.B. Kerr, I wasn't crying.

Overall, the whole storyline and idea of this book was just plain dumb. (view spoiler)

This is what I expe
Sophie
J. Else
Apr 06, 2012 J. Else rated it liked it
Not a bad book, but certainly not a great one, and one that is an ending to this imaginative and fun series. First of all, what happened to Dybbuk??? The end of book 5 Dybbuk crushes the good half of himself and recovers his djinn powers. And NOTHING??? That was a big cliffhanger! NOTHING??? It made me feel like the previous books were moot. What was the point to “Eye of the Forest,” my favorite one of the series? And what about their mother? Their father? I was hoping for some kind of ending ...more
Stephanie
My Summary: While on holiday with their uncle Nimrod, djinn twins John and Philippa witness something incredible: a previously dormant volcano erupts, spewing a strange golden substance. As more an more reports flood in from around the world describing a vast amount of these inexplicable events, the twins (and Nimrod and Groanin, of course) are spurred into action, setting off on what will be their final adventure.

My Thoughts: When one of your all-time favourite series ends, you have to grieve a
Doris
May 20, 2015 Doris rated it really liked it
This book was the best in the series, even though the ending was not what I would have wished for. Overall, the main drag was that there was so much explanation of the scenery and the camels that I almost did not finish.

I was amused, as any teen or tween would be, by the camel names: Dunbelchin, and her offspring/descendants, Vilebelchin, Rudebelchin, and other burping dromedaries.

The storyline continues from previous books, with the luck of the world askew, and several characters are involved
Brittany Perry
Jan 12, 2015 Brittany Perry rated it it was amazing
Years ago when I got this series I was so deliriously happy with it and today I have to say goodbye. Like the twins in this series I find the ending a bittersweet thing. This was one of the series I didn't finish collecting until I was an adult. Well actually this was the last book from back then that I hadn't gotten.
I think I put it off so that the twins would forever be granting wishes in my mind. Sadly in this novel they had to grow up. The author's writing was just as good as ever and I fou
Catherine
Jun 10, 2016 Catherine rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s
John and Philipa along with their Uncle Nimrod and his butler Groanin are trying to find out why all the volcanos of the world are getting ready to erupt. They get to spend time in Italy, Australia and Mongolia trying to find Genghis Khan's grave to stop a global catastrophe.
As in the other books, the facts are a little shaky but I doubt children will notice or care. Unlike the other books, the villain is underdeveloped and it seems too much like a quick fix.
Some series end because it's a st
Crystal
Mar 28, 2012 Crystal rated it liked it
Shelves: children, fiction
I started reading this series when I was about 9. I don't really remember what the first books were about. But when I heard there was a 7th book I went wild with joy. But this book didn't really hook my attention like the rest of the books did when I was younger and less critical. I followed along on their adventure, was interested in what was happening, I was surprised a few times, and at the end I was rather nostalgic. I loved the familiar characters, but I couldn't get connected to the book. ...more
Soňa
Aug 14, 2014 Soňa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
very interesting ending, was wondering why it will end to know if there will be more parts or not.

Well, got my answer and to spoil the review, can say usual pack of action some influencing others some standing on its own. Liked the way it twisted and outlined upfront reader and when the conclusion came it was bit sad but as well enjoyable as it was very well written.

Overall, liked the series, sometimes there are parts which are repeating, sometimes Groanin moans too much :-) but still very enjo
Janet Buchholz
May 16, 2016 Janet Buchholz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not just this book but the series.

This book is somewhat reminiscent of the Lion Witch And Wardrobe series in which there is great sacrifice to some but great rewards for others and selfless determination to mAke something right out of wrong. Read along with the kids. You'll find enjoyment too. As a grandmother who reads e everything before allowing the grandchildren to read them, this was no chore but a labor of love.
Rebecca Heywood
Dec 03, 2012 Rebecca Heywood rated it really liked it
i am sad that the series ended, but I was actually really happy how he ended it. It seemed fitting. I loved his explanation at the end of why he ended it how he did. Sometimes I understand the ending better and can come to terms with it better when the author explains why he did what he did. I wish there were going to be more, I really enjoyed this series, but I understand when a series needs to come to an end.
Almira
Jan 06, 2012 Almira rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the last book in the series. P.B. Kerr actually wrote "The End" after the last sentence, and the spent several pages offering why he concluded the series.

This was probably the most authentic book of the series, the best written, with the most interesting information regarding volcanoes, Australia and the "songline" history of Australia, and Genghis Khan. I shall miss reading these stories.
Cara
Aug 27, 2014 Cara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourite-series
If you have read the rest of this series, you will absolutely love this book. It's such a beautiful and definite ending to the series. I personally, balled my eyes out because I will never get to hear about the characters I have grown up with ever again. But, I suppose it had to end eventually and I'm glad it ended the way it did, with no loose ends.
James N
May 30, 2015 James N rated it really liked it
This book was an interesting and fun read, but not the best of the bunch. The story revolves around twins named John and Philippa who are genie and go on dangerous and exciting adventures. As you can see from the plot, it already has some factor of awesome, and there wasn't any of that missing, but things like the disappointing ending for example led me to say 4/5 stars.
Christine (KizzieReads)
Oct 01, 2015 Christine (KizzieReads) rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-reads
Kind of bittersweet ending. All good things must come to an end. I did like how it ended though. I thought this book was excellent, and always wanting to turn the page as you really want to know what's going to happen next, but afraid to know at the same time. Groanin is still my favorite character, and he seems to get into more mischief and mayhem than the kids do. Poor Groanin!
Mia Israelsen Blackwelder
Not quite what i was expecting. I loved this series, but this ending seemed kind of lame. The book never really picked up or got super interesting for me. Too bad. I always really enjoyed the other books in the series, but this one was missing the suspense the others had.
Beatrix
Oct 07, 2014 Beatrix rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this series. The books are well thought out and the descriptive detail is impressive without being too wordy.
  • The Wolf Tree (The Clockwork Dark #2)
  • The Twilight Prisoner (Jack Perdu, #2)
  • Story's End (Storybound, #2)
  • Anna (The Starseed Series, #1)
  • Ancient, Strange, and Lovely (Dragon Chronicles, #4)
  • Operation Redwood
  • The Secret Kingdom (Chronicles of the Red King, #1)
  • Storm Born, #4 (Dark Swan Comic #4)
  • Tempesta di spade (Le Cronache del Ghiaccio e del Fuoco, #5)
  • Ash Mistry and the City of Death (Ash Mistry Chronicles, #2)
  • City of Lies (The Keepers, #2)
  • Piratica III: The Family Sea (Piratica, #3)
  • City of Swords (Stravaganza, #6)
  • Return to Finkleton (Finkleton, #2)
  • Hände weg von Mississippi
  • Dumbledore's Army and the Year of Darkness (Daydverse, #1)
  • The White Assassin (Nightshade Chronicles, #2)
  • Program for Destruction (Hardy Boys, #87)
Also writes as Philip Kerr.

Philip Kerr (P.B. Kerr) is a British author of both adult fiction and non-fiction, most notably the Bernie Gunther series, and of children's books, particularly the Children of the Lamp series.

Kerr was educated there and at a grammar school in Northampton. He studied law at the University of Birmingham from 1974–1980, achieving a masters degree. Kerr worked as an adverti
More about P.B. Kerr...

Children of the Lamp (7 books)
  • The Akhenaten Adventure (Children of the Lamp, #1)
  • The Blue Djinn of Babylon (Children of the Lamp, #2)
  • The Cobra King of Kathmandu (Children of the Lamp, #3)
  • The Day of the Djinn Warriors (Children of the Lamp, #4)
  • The Eye Of The Forest (Children Of The Lamp, #5)
  • The Five Fakirs of Faizabad (Children of the Lamp, #6)