Start by marking “Trump Never Give Up: How I Turned My Biggest Challenges Into Success” as Want to Read:
Trump Never Give Up: How I Turned My Biggest Challenges Into Success

Trump Never Give Up: How I Turned My Biggest Challenges Into Success

3.79  ·  Rating Details  ·  356 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
In Never Give Up, Donald Trump tells the dramatic stories of his biggest challenges, lowest moments, and worst mistakes--and how he uses tenacity and creativity to turn defeat into victory. Each chapter includes an inspiring story from Trump's career and concludes with expert commentary and coaching from adversity researcher and author Paul Stoltz. Inspirational and intel ...more
Published December 29th 2010 by Wiley (first published January 18th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Trump Never Give Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trump Never Give Up

Melki
Well, it's Veteran's Day and I can only think of this asshole's comment:

description

My grandfather died two years ago at the age of 98. He fought in the US Army during World War II, and received a Purple Heart for his efforts in making sure this country was safe for rich men like Trump's father to keep on earning money. Though my grandpa never made a million, he ran a successful small business, was a well-respected member of his church and community, and managed to stay married to one woman for 66 years. An
Manny
Dec 19, 2015 Manny marked it as not-to-read  ·  review of another edition
COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING SENTENCE IN 25 WORDS OR LESS AND WIN ONE MILLION DOLLARS!!!*

"Trump Never _______: How I Turned My _______ Into _______"

* Unfortunately, I can't afford to pay out one million dollars. But if your entry is good enough, I'm sure some candidate in the GOP primary race will be happy to give you a check.
julio
gonna have to dig deep for the right and proper gif on this one, folks. i must center my energies and begin my quest...

now.
Vaishali Joglekar
Love or hate him, you cannot ignore him. A blunt read, but very well-meaning, no-nonsense, and thoroughly honest.

Direct quotes:
------------------------------------
1. Feeling negative should be a temporary state of mind.

2. Envision yourself victorious. Focus on that instead of your nagging doubts and fears. Even if you don't feel indomitable, act that way for a while. It helps.

3. Failure is not permanent.

4. I have the privilege of having a great family and great education, and I am serious about
Adriana
Jun 30, 2008 Adriana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Business people, Realtors, Brokers, Anyone who wants to improve their lives
Shelves: business
I enjoyed this book. I got it for a few reasons. One of them is NOT because I am a realtor. My brother and some of his friends went to a motivational seminar that he and a few other famous and very successful men had put together. They all came out of there inspired and sharing fantastic new things they had learned. I used to be the Head of a Speakers bureau and new how inpiring these men could be. So when I went to the library and saw this book I had to get it. I am going through a rough phase ...more
Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
This was inspiring, even if you're not into real estate. Trump makes alot of sense. And at least he's trying to help others become sucessful. Most rich people, especially billionaires, keep all the info all to themselves.
Allison C. McCulloch
Basically, Donald Trump is awesome. He repeats a couple stories from another book I read, but mainly the advice is fresh, new, inspiring and invigorating. Props to him for the great encouragement.
Advaita
Feb 11, 2013 Advaita rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book for gaining an understanding of how Trump's mind works, how he solves problems of large magnitudes and some simple tips to succeed in a similar manner.
Irina Tin
Aug 07, 2012 Irina Tin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is absolutely brilliant just as Mr. Trump himself. Encouraging, inspirational, pushing forward!

Everyone should read it!
Ruxandra
Jun 16, 2014 Ruxandra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was inspiring for me. I reccomend it to everybody that needs motivation to do something, not only business.
Natalia
Интересная книга, но в меру. По сути ничего особенного, если ты не интересуешься собственно историей успеха Трампа и других современных известных и успешных людей.

Да, коммерческие авиакомпании - плохая инвестиция в современном мире, но в общем-то мои финансы и не позволили бы в них инвестировать. Да, недвижимость и девелопинг - перспективные направления, особенно если процесс стоит на потоке и ты этим полноценно занимаешься, а не просто периодически увлекаешься. Просто для широкой публики это в
Waseem
Dec 17, 2014 Waseem rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
really enjoyed going through this book whilst trying to set up some difficult real estate deals myself. So was a great companion to help me keep motivated throughout the very difficult process. Granted nowhere near as big as mr trump level, but nevertheless great insightful books like this into lives of great self made businessmen like Donald are a invaluable insight to help you grow as a leader and pave your own path to success

Waseem Mirza
Mike Adeleke
May 27, 2016 Mike Adeleke rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book from Mr. Trump. This book chronicles some of the greatest challenges he has taken on to become as successful he is. Many people do not know this but in the 90s Donald Trump was several billion dollars in the hole and personally liable for a billion dollars in debt. And for him to be so far underwater to go on to the what he has done is truly incredible. Of anyone, Donald Trump has never given up.
David Feinstein
Mar 07, 2009 David Feinstein rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my favorite books by Trump, because it shows the dramatic difference that one man with persistence and vision can make in transforming the lives of so many people.

It's personally motivating because it reveals huge obstacles that can be overcome with hard work, discipline and personal leadership.

A good read by Trump and should be added to everyone's "to read" list.
Jeremy
Jun 03, 2009 Jeremy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
With the topic of Real Estate revolving around most of the book, I found this book as a “how to” be successful in Real Estate projects. Of course, I should have expected this based on who wrote the book. Disappointment, the only way I describe what I got out of the book.
Libor Smolik
As a motivational book, it's good.

But 2/3 of the book are success stories from the Trump's real estate business.

If you like Trump's "kick ass" attitude motivation stuff, read it.
If you are not into real estate business, I would recommend a different book.
Kristi Elizabeth
Jan 26, 2016 Kristi Elizabeth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Solidifies Trump's Never Give Up attitude with short stories of the catastrophies he went through while making deals in real estate. It's ok to say no. It's ok to change directions. But it's not ok to quit. Ever.
Chris ☿
Nov 28, 2015 Chris ☿ rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
One star due to... Shit ability for the using of grammars correctly in the writings of first sentence reading.

No entiendo inglés cuando este hombre lo escribe.

Nimm dein Scheißbuch und schieb's dir in den Arsch, Trumpzie. Das ganze Buch ist nur eine riesige Wichserei.
Frederick Frankenstein
This falls in at a two star for me because between The Art of the Deal and Midas Touch there is a lot of repetition in this book. We get Trumps life story (so far) with the lessons he's learned along the way.

Midas Touch: Why Some Entrepreneurs Get Rich-And Why Most Don't takes the same idea but develops it much further while cutting out the redundant biographical parts.
Nick Pavlov
Absolutely average in my opinion. Trump brags about his achievements and constantly repeats his top 10 rules for success which you will find in any other business/self-help book out there. I can't recommend this book to anyone.
Julia Abmetko
Very helpfull for self-motivation!!!
Sean
Jan 19, 2016 Sean rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Inspirational - Trump is a fighter.
Manoj
Jul 29, 2014 Manoj rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
hard hitting lines
Pro Bhattacherjee
This was a good book, but its very real estate specific. The main message is that nothing ever goes exactly according to plan, but when you have set backs to keep fighting through them. It takes some of his projects and just outlines the problems that he had with them and how he got through it all.

I'd recommend reading it, its a pretty quick read, and a very valuable lesson.
Yang He
Aug 11, 2012 Yang He rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I read his books before, but I haven't found so much difference between each books. I do put a doubt here that a billionaire, CEO of different public companies, a business icon who is famous for "you are fired", a good father and husband, and a charity man could still have so much time writing his books.
Pam
Sep 01, 2009 Pam rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I may not agree with everything Trump does but it was interesting to hear his version of things. I like to read about people who love what they are doing and see how they think. He has some great motivational thoughts in this book as well as behind the scene stories about his business deals.
Chris
Jun 02, 2010 Chris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book by Trump. Not what I thought it would be. Great read for anyone who ever feels they are challenged in some area of their life and want to know how to effectively overcome based on Trump's valuable experiences.
Bianca
Mar 20, 2013 Bianca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Trump tells the dramatic story of the greatest challenges they faced, the most desperate moments he lived and the biggest mistakes we made, concluding that tenacity and creativity helped him to turn any defeat into a victory. ...more
Naomi
Sep 17, 2010 Naomi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this is a great book for the current times. This book discusses his multiple "failures" he suffered in his career and how he came past them.
Christopher Brehm
Good book, very interesting to hear the behind the scenes on some of Donald Trump's largest projects.
about Trump never give up 1 1 Oct 22, 2012 12:08AM
  • Create Your Own Future: How to Master the 12 Critical Factors of Unlimited Success
  • The Greatness Guide: One of the World's Top Success Coaches Shares His Secrets for Personal and Business Mastery
  • The Adventure of Business
  • Get Rich Click!: The Ultimate Guide to Making Money on the Internet
  • The Narrow Road: A Brief Guide to the Getting of Money
  • The Laptop Millionaire
  • The First Billion Is the Hardest: How Believing It's Still Early in the Game Can Lead to Life's Greatest Comebacks
  • Trump University Real Estate 101: Building Wealth with Real Estate Investments
  • Rich Dad's Who Took My Money?: Why Slow Investors Lose and Fast Money Wins!
  • The Trump Card: Playing to Win in Work and Life
  • Driven: How To Succeed In Business And In Life
  • Stop Talking, Start Doing: A Kick in the Pants in Six Parts
  • Adventure Capitalist: The Ultimate Road Trip
  • The Innovation Secrets of Steve Jobs
  • Why Women Have Sex: Understanding Sexual Motivations from Adventure to Revenge (and Everything in Between)
  • Persuasion IQ: The 10 Skills You Need to Get Exactly What You Want
  • The Lazy Couponer: How to Save $25,000 Per Year in Just 45 Minutes Per Week with No Stockpiling, No Item Tracking, and No Sales Chasing!
  • Ideaspotting: How to Find Your Next Great Idea
Donald John Trump is an American business executive, entrepreneur, television and radio personality, author and 2016 Presidential Candidate for the Republican Party. He is the CEO of the Trump Organization, a US-based real-estate developer, and the founder of Trump Entertainment, which operates several casinos. He received a great deal of publicity following the success of his reality television s ...more
More about Donald J. Trump...