Start by marking “The Mystery of Hurtleberry House (The Reboot Files, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Mystery of Hurtleberry House (The Reboot Files, #1)

The Mystery of Hurtleberry House (The Reboot Files #1)

3.4 of 5 stars 3.40  ·  rating details  ·  47 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Most people would be excited to be hosting their own TV show. However, most people do not work for Reboot, a television station better known for employing the rejects of the “legitimate media” than the quality of its programming.
Such is the fate of Irene Waters, a once promising Christian reporter struggling to recover from a counterfeit scandal that ruined her career and
Published February 3rd 2011

To ask other readers questions about The Mystery of Hurtleberry House, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mystery of Hurtleberry House

One for the Money by Janet EvanovichThe No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall SmithCrocodile on the Sandbank by Elizabeth PetersChocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne FlukeThe Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie
Cozy Mystery Series
358th out of 437 books — 1,324 voters
Down & Out by Marcy G. DyerThis Present Darkness by Frank E. PerettiAgainst All Odds by Irene HannonIn Harm's Way by Irene HannonAn Eye for an Eye by Irene Hannon
Christian Mystery/Suspense Books
177th out of 276 books — 210 voters

More lists with this book...

Shaeeza Haniff
The Reboot Files #1 is the first book in the Christian Paranormal genre that I have ever read. It is refreshing in its content and follows the trials of a strong, intelligent, sesquipedalian Christian heroine in her first assignment for a Christian TV show.

While reading this book I was very often reminded of the detective solving skills of that famous young detective we all love so much, Nancy Drew.

This is a whodunit with a comical twist. A real surprise. Definitely looking forward to the rest
Jill
This was such a fun read. The characters were fun, the writing smooth and easy and the mystery was well kept until the end. Not to reveal anything but the butler didn't do it! :) Read this book!
Ashley Dawn
I completely enjoyed this book. Irene has had some trouble in her past career. She was a Christian reporter that no one believed and now is working for a 'paranormal' show on Reboot, trying to prove/disprove ghost. Her current assignment is Hurtleberry House. Partner and cameraman Troy is one of the first to actually ask her what happened instead of assuming the worst and is quickly gaining her respect. The old house is odd but doesn't quite ring true as a haunted house....that is until they lea ...more
Sheila Myers
A wonderful read for Christians who enjoy a good mystery. Once I read up to the third chapter, I had a feeling I knew where the plot would lead; however, that's to be expected in a "cozy". And, as with any "cozy" mystery, reader's won't find any graphic violence or foul language, which would make this book an acceptable read for both adults and teens. CL Ragsdale combined an intriguing plot with realistic characters to create a work of Christian fiction worthy of recognition within the circle of ...more
Cana Elene (http://placeofreeds.blogspot.com)
So if Nancy Drew was a Christian who grew up to be a news reporter for an obscure network as a debunker of ghosts -- This would be her story.

Irene Waters is a news reporter who is trying to heal after what her last network did to her. Troy Stenson has a bad habit of putting himself into dangerous situations. Together they are teamed up to debunk the story of the ghost of Hurtleberry House.

I love how you think you know who is the villain, but until the last 20 or so pages, you don't know exactl
D.M. Dutcher (Sword Cross Rocket)
Well, I liked the idea of it, but the book is much more christian than mystery. Irene is a disgraced reporter from a big news station who is forced to take a job with the tiny Reboot network, being the lead in a "Ghost Hunter" type show. Her first job is checking for ghosts in a rather ugly house owned by twin sisters. Is it really haunted?

The mystery part is rather small, perfunctory, and boring. This isn't a long book by any means, which makes it puzzling why she spends so much time on the int
Susan
First of all a disclaimer: I am the sister of this author. Now, having said that, let me say this: I enjoyed this book very much. It is very much as the author herself proclaims, "A Scooby-Doo, type mystery." Nefarious elements hide behind the supposedly supernatural to inflict harm on an innocent they wish to swindle. And they would have "got away with it too, if it wasn't for those kids." But in this case the "kids" are a hurting Christian newsperson and her skeptical cameraman. The book is a ...more
Lori Henrich
Irene Waters just started a new job at Reboot, a station that deals with paranormal activity. When she arrives with Troy at Hurtleberry House she senses that something is off. Not sure what that something is puts Irene on high alert.

I liked this story one aspect of it was slightly off for me, but I liked it anyway. Hoping that the next one is available through our library system.
M.D. Meyer
A short fun simple mystery with humorous characters. It's classified as a Christian cozy mystery which is accurate. This was my first read in this genre. Personally, I could have done without the overt Christian dialogue as it seemed somewhat simplistic and not integral to the plot. It however was not pervasive. At 87 pages it was quick to read and entertaining.
Lisa Hicks
Christian Mystery

Christian Mystery

It's refreshing to read a mystery that doesn't have to use bad language or unsuitable scenes in order to keep the reader's attention. The characters worked well together and although it was easy to figure out who the bad guys were, the storyline was still good.
Sid Frost
The Mystery of Hurtleberry House by C.L. Ragsdale was a fun read. It is short, but just the right length for the story. I feel it is great having eBooks so that more books can be published that don't meet the length requirements of print publishing.

TV cameraman, Troy Stenson is teamed up with reporter Irene Waters to investigate what is going on at Hurtleberry House. The people they meet and what they discover takes the reader on an exciting ride.

This is advertised to be Christian fiction and I
Jodi Woody
This was a great Christian mystery. Not preachy, good clean fun. I will be reading the rest of the series. Reminds me of the mysteries I read as a kid. Easy reading, good writing, and just plain fun. I give it 4 stars, I really liked it. Good for teens and up.
Vykki
This was a lovely Christian cozy mystery I find the story refreshing. I recommend this book to all cozy mystery reader.
Mishael
This was a quick, fun read. Nothing spectacular. There really could have been so much more to this book.
Jeanette
Short free book on the kindle. Kind of a Scooby Doo, Christian book.
Carree Lee
The book kept my interest. In my view the book was reminiscent of A Scooby Doo Mystery sans Shaggy, and Scooby. I think the book and series could be successful if the author would promote the book to the appropriate market.
The main character reminded of a combination of Thelma and Daphne. I think the author may have tried too hard to make this a christian mystery book, with some of the references and thoughts the character had about God and the Bible.
lexie chapman
lexie chapman marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Joyce Varnadore
Joyce Varnadore marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Amber Frechette
Amber Frechette marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Kai
Kai marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
D
D marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Mystery writer C.L. Ragsdale is the author of The Reboot Files a Christian Cozy Mystery Series, and a superhero story called Chasing Lady Midnight. A California native, she loves to "surf" the web to research plot details for her fun, quirky stories. She has a degree in Theatre Arts which greatly influenced her writing style. Working in various fields as a secretary has allowed her to both master ...more
More about C.L. Ragsdale...
The Island of Living Trees (The Reboot Files #2) The Wrong Ghost (The Reboot Files - A Cozy Christian Mystery Book 4) Chasing Lady Midnight (A Christian Cozy Mystery With Superheroes) (Chasing Lady Midnight (Book #1)) The Great Scarecrow Invasion (The Reboot Files #5) The Wrong Ghost (The Reboot Files #4)