Start by marking “9 Miracles: One Mother's Amazing Journey Home After Seeing Her Son Off to War” as Want to Read:
9 Miracles: One Mother's Amazing Journey Home After Seeing Her Son Off to War

9 Miracles: One Mother's Amazing Journey Home After Seeing Her Son Off to War

When Leigh's husband is unable to accompany her to see their Air Force son, Luke, off to Iraq, Leigh mentally prepares herself to make the trip alone, knowing she will have to be strong for Luke's sake.When Leigh's husband is unable to accompany her to see their Air Force son, Luke, off to Iraq, Leigh mentally prepares herself to make the trip alone, knowing she will have ...more
Published February 23rd 2011 by CrossBooks Publishing (first published February 22nd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about 9 Miracles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 9 Miracles

Nicole
Dec 07, 2011 Nicole rated it it was ok
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book as a part of the First Reads giveaways.

I was not a fan of this book for a few reasons. One It wasn't really a book, it was more of a novella. It totaled 38 pages and took me all of a half hour (if that) to sit down and read it but I don't regret it. I did enjoy reading the stories of people sympathizing with her and her ordeal of worrying about her son, however she seemed shocked that so many people would pray with her or for her when finding out that her son was in the military.
Charlotte Phillips
Jan 05, 2012 Charlotte Phillips rated it it was amazing
A short book but a truly beautiful heart wrenching and soul touching book that just makes you think about how miracles happen around us everyday and we perhaps do not notice. What I loved most about this book was the fact that you could feel the reality of it from the pages, you could see the truth that was in the words, and you could sense that this was something that was so very important to her. Its not often that I come across a book that is religiously focused and truly it a shame because I ...more
Elizabeth Matson
Mar 21, 2011 Elizabeth Matson rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
I'll admit when I first saw the storyline for 9 Miracles, I was hesitant. My hesitation, however, came from personal reasons, having experienced the loss of a dear friends son, one close enough to call me Aunt, just two years back. Still, something beckoned me to take a closer look and I'm glad I did. The writing is smooth, the story engaging, a reminder that folks come into your lives when you need them the most.
Ms. Watson was kind enough to autograph a copy for my dear friend and it has brough
Danie Cutter
Mar 14, 2011 Danie Cutter rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book through First Reads and will be posting a review when done. Watch this space!

----------
This is more of a novella or even a book of 9 acts if you want to get lyrical about it. It's a story of how a mother took her faith in God and turned it into strength to get through what can only be described as maybe one of the hardest things a mum might have to go through.

I'm not religious but I really enjoyed this read, while the author attributes the "miracles" to God I prefer to think
Mark
Mar 05, 2011 Mark rated it really liked it
I didn't know what to expect when I won the book on Goodreads First Reads. The book was a really fast read and I went through it in one night. 9 miracles is a testimony of a mother sending her son off to war and her experience with angels helping her home.

I am thankful and grateful for the men and women who serve. I have heard some of the amazing stories of generosity that people show to those who serve the country, for example, trading first class airline seats, buying lunch and drinks, and ap
Van
Mar 21, 2011 Van rated it it was amazing
I was very pleased with Leigh Watson's book 9 Miracles. I enjoyed the fact that she is an ordinary woman, living an ordinary life, and yet God gave her an extraordinary experience. As I glanced at some of the reviews, I was struck by the fact that some people are hung up on whether this is a book or a novella. What does it matter! It is a day in the life of a mother who had to do the hardest thing ever...give up her only son knowing he may have to give his life for our freedom. I appreciate that ...more
Lynnda
Mar 20, 2011 Lynnda rated it it was amazing
I want to thank Leigh Watson for this book. It is a truly incredible story and proves that God is always watching over His children, even when we don't feel like He is.

I pray that each of those people who ministered to you and your son will be blesses in remarkable ways for their faithfulness.

This book truly touched my heart. Thank you again for writing of one of the hardest days in any mothers life and sharing it with the rest of us.

May God richly bless you and your family and I pray that your
Katie
Mar 05, 2011 Katie rated it liked it
Shelves: free-book, 2011
This was a really short, really quick read. I won it from goodreads...otherwise I might not have read it. I thought the overall message about God watching over us was good, but the writing seemed a little weak. The author claimed to not being a writer and just felt impressed over and over that she had to share her story in a book.

I wouldn't exactly call this a book - it's more of a novella (only 40 pages or so). I'm impressed with the author for sharing her story, but I wouldn't necessarily call
Linda Marie Marsh
Nov 12, 2014 Linda Marie Marsh rated it liked it
Short, fast, to the point and with a big message. The author goes alone on a trip to see her son off when he is deployed to Iraq.
In essence she was never alone... Along the way she has 9 separate incidences of strangers reaching out in prayer and aid. Nine angels perhaps? You decide.
Naysayers may say boo, bah humbug whatever they like, but 'Leigh Watson' has written an epistle of love.
Andy Wilkerson
Mar 07, 2011 Andy Wilkerson rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book. Even though I am not a mother, I do have a brother that is in the service and have been through the hard time of knowing he is being sent off to war. This is a great book to read to be reassured that God is watching over us and sends small guestures down to us to help us through.
DeRhonda
Mar 03, 2011 DeRhonda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011-reads, favorites
An amazing story that can only come from a mothers view point. I'm sure I will read this one many more times.
There are no words to express a mothers feelings of seeing a child leave for a war zone. It is with Gods help and the people he works his miracles through that gives us the strength to endure.
Kristen
Mar 23, 2011 Kristen rated it it was amazing
Following the story of one mother's journey through adversity with God's help is inspiring and the fact that it is a short book makes it possible to read through the book quickly during times of struggle to remind you that God is with you in all circumstances. It is a wonderful book and I highly recommend it.
Dec 22, 2011 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Leigh Watson is an amazingly, brave woman. To have to go through what she did on her journey with her son and rise to the challenge that God set before her is true obedience to God and to a mothers heart. The 9 miracles she encountered in this one day are nothing less than glorious. I recommend this book to anyone who needs to feed their soul. Love, Love, Love it! Thank you Ms. Watson.
Darcee Kraus
May 28, 2013 Darcee Kraus rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
A beautiful journey with a strong message that everyone can deeply relate to. Such a great story I read it in one sitting!

Darcee Kraus
Mckinleyville, CA
Lynda Atkinson
Apr 04, 2011 Lynda Atkinson rated it it was amazing
I won this book on goodreads and really enjoyed reading it.

A truly remarkable story of a mother seeing her son off to war.

Jillian
Jillian rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2011
Jason Pucel
Jason Pucel rated it really liked it
May 07, 2016
Gabriela Ocampo
Gabriela Ocampo rated it really liked it
Jun 14, 2013
Deshawc
Deshawc rated it it was amazing
Dec 15, 2011
Natalie Atkinson
Jun 26, 2011 Natalie Atkinson rated it it was amazing
Really lovely book, would recommend
Pat Speck
Pat Speck marked it as to-read
Lorian Jones
Lorian Jones marked it as to-read
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Rudiano Roversi
Rudiano Roversi marked it as to-read
Susan Barnes
Susan Barnes marked it as to-read
Maxine
Maxine marked it as to-read
Coralie
Coralie marked it as to-read
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Maggie
Maggie marked it as to-read
Jackie
Jackie marked it as to-read
Tim Hughes
Tim Hughes marked it as to-read
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Kasey
Kasey marked it as to-read
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Jennie
Jennie marked it as to-read
Tara
Tara marked it as to-read
Toni
Toni marked it as to-read
Timothy
Timothy marked it as to-read
Alysha
Alysha marked it as to-read
Romy
Romy marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2011
Sarah marked it as to-read
Sharon Cramer
Sharon Cramer marked it as to-read
Julielorene
Julielorene marked it as to-read
Perfect Size 1 1 Dec 21, 2011 07:18AM
book or not a book? 1 1 Dec 16, 2011 12:43PM
Miracles or coincidents? 1 5 Mar 16, 2011 06:07PM
  • Courage After Fire for Parents of Service Members: Strategies for Coping When Your Son or Daughter Returns from Deployment
  • A Beggars Purse
  • Blind: A Memoir
  • I Will Not Leave You Comfortless: A Memoir
  • My Green Manifesto: Down the Charles River in Pursuit of a New Environmentalism
  • Crypto-Punk
  • Heart to Heart, Hand in Paw: How One Woman Finds Faith and Hope Through the Healing Love of Animals
  • This is US: The New All-American Family
  • Resurrection Year: Turning Broken Dreams Into New Beginnings
  • What About the Boy?
  • Reasonable Creatures: Essays on Women and Feminism
  • One Call Away: Facing the Unexpected with Resilient Faith
  • Open Wide The Freedom Gates: A Memoir
  • A Dog Named Leaf: The Hero from Heaven Who Saved My Life
  • Conversations and Cosmopolitans: Awkward Moments, Mixed Drinks, and How a Mother and Son Finally Shared Who They Really Are
  • Conquest Earth (Tarizon Trilogy #3)
  • This River: A Memoir